My first grow...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
exile thanks for the tip. The one that broke soil yesterday after I moved the light only got half as tall the the other two and started the grow its first two leaves where as the other two got a little longer. The shorter one has a larger stalk too! Compared to the the other two at least.

2 of my other plants broke soil this morning so now I have 5 of my 6 original plants up above soil. I checked the 5th to see if there was any growth and I couldn't find any so I'm germinating 4 seeds right now in my drawer and hopefully one will sprout so I can transplant it into the 6th pot.

Draston said:
exile thanks for the tip. The one that broke soil yesterday after I moved the light only got half as tall the the other two and started the grow its first two leaves where as the other two got a little longer. The shorter one has a larger stalk too! Compared to the the other two at least.

2 of my other plants broke soil this morning so now I have 5 of my 6 original plants up above soil. I checked the 5th to see if there was any growth and I couldn't find any so I'm germinating 4 seeds right now in my drawer and hopefully one will sprout so I can transplant it into the 6th pot.
hey bro glad to hear that two more of ur plants broke soil that is great. as for the small stocky one that is what u want with the light close now they all should get nice and stocky good luck again and hopefully they all end up females:D peace

yeah today the one that had the short thick stock kind of reached up a bit more so I put text books under each pot to move them all 1 inch closer to the light. Just a heads up. My first plant to break soil now has 4 leaves. The first two are about the size of a thumb fingernail and the smaller ones are about the size of a pinky finger fingernail.

congra i am happy your new crop is doing well good luck

3patas said:
congra i am happy your new crop is doing well good luck

yeah man the early days of growth are magical lol. I'm entertained after an 8 hour shift because I get to come home and see how much my babies have grown. Hell almost every hour to 3 hours you can see a significant difference.

good luck my friend look at mines 18 days in to flowering they are 46 day old what you think oh and under cfl

tmpphp26AN8P.jpg

tmpphpBBWnLx.jpg

tmpphpDo36Bm.jpg

tmpphpGJ8S0a.jpg

tmpphpiKL0wP.jpg

tmpphpQS0sPA.jpg

tmpphpT0V90x.jpg

tmpphpliXNMq.jpg

tmpphpKOO6u7.jpg

After one week of growing here are my plants.

2 are pretty big and one is right behind them. The other two have only been topside for like 2 to 3 days tops. The 6th pot on the end doesn't have anything in it right now. Still germinating my seeds to plant in it.

I took a little dirt and covered the two biggest ones up on their stem a bit (as far as I could with the pots they are currently in).

[edit] right after I took that picture I put white sheets of paper over the books to maybe reflect a little more light.

SP_A0058.jpg

hey they look very nice but you have those lights too far from your plant remember 2 to 3 inches away from the plants or you can put your hand betwen the light and the plant and if is to hot for you is hot for your babys htats the best way to check so good luck whats happenin is that they grow too high and then when your plants start growing big fat fan leaf yor stem is too weak and your plant will dropyou know what else help ventilation small fan will strengh the stem with a bit of wind hiting the leaf good luck my friend peace out

my germinations sprouted today and I planted one. I'm goning to let the others germinated and play jonny appleseed later on once it gets a bit warmer outside (maybe in 2 or 3 days).

My plants have jumped in size in the last day. One is working on its 6 and 7th leaves now. Also I was told when I transplant them I need to burry everything up to the first two round leaves under the ground including the round leaves. He told me that they would turn into roots and this is esential.

Does this sound correct? Never read anything like that before. Also, when do you all think I need to move the light up a bit to promote growth or will they just grow all the way up to almost touching the light and then I know its time to move it.

Draston said:
my germinations sprouted today and I planted one. I'm goning to let the others germinated and play jonny appleseed later on once it gets a bit warmer outside (maybe in 2 or 3 days).

My plants have jumped in size in the last day. One is working on its 6 and 7th leaves now. Also I was told when I transplant them I need to bury everything up to the first two round leaves under the ground including the round leaves. He told me that they would turn into roots and this is esential.

Does this sound correct? Never read anything like that before. Also, when do you all think I need to move the light up a bit to promote growth or will they just grow all the way up to almost touching the light and then I know its time to move it.
hey bro hows it going man plants are looking great. as for transplanting them yes bury them right up to the first leaves and the stem will grow roots out of it and make the plant get stronger too. thats what i do and never have any problems matter of fact i have to do that to a few of my plants cause they stretched on me cause my lights died on me and had to use temp lights that made them stretch alls good though. good luck on the new seed lings too bro see ya around peace. oh by the way i think it was me to tell u to bury them to the first leaves lol dont remember im stone lol peace

Sticky_Budz said:
hey bro hows it going man plants are looking great. as for transplanting them yes bury them right up to the first leaves and the stem will grow roots out of it and make the plant get stronger too. thats what i do and never have any problems matter of fact i have to do that to a few of my plants cause they stretched on me cause my lights died on me and had to use temp lights that made them stretch alls good though. good luck on the new seed lings too bro see ya around peace

Thanks for the info. Just wanted to make sure it was correct. If you don't mind me asking what time should I transplant them? I was told do it once they start working on their 6th and 7th leaves. IS this correcT?

go to wallmart or any hardware store and get some CFL'S they will key alot considering they put out anywhere from 1000 -2600 lumens each depending on wattage look for 42 watters ,

yes that would be best but if they are root bound or in need for transplant then i would trans plant them if they can wait then wait support them with some sticks and throw a fan on them on low that will strengthen them up but u probably no that lol peace

I have a fan on them right now that is on high :p has been since they were seedlings. I'm currently at 3800 lumens with my shop light. I might go for one of those later today. See if I can find a 1000 lumens one cause if I got a 2000 one that would put me at 5800 lumens and I don't want my plants to melt so I think i'll be safer with 4800 lumens.

hey my friend more lumens more grow simple as that justput your hand between the plant & the light if is to hot for you it probably its to hot for your plants so peace out any help i am here

all info I pass I have learned on this forum, and my grow which you can read about here. Just posted it. Planting together is not advisable. If you get males in with ladies you have big problem. MJ likes to move in the root system so bigger is better. I did compromise with a 3 gallon pot. Stems will show strain when getting to tight in current container. Why wait, just transplant.

ms4ms said:
all info I pass I have learned on this forum, and my grow which you can read about here. Just posted it. Planting together is not advisable. If you get males in with ladies you have big problem. MJ likes to move in the root system so bigger is better. I did compromise with a 3 gallon pot. Stems will show strain when getting to tight in current container. Why wait, just transplant.

does each one need to go into a 5 gallon pot?

it has been stated that the best size to use is between 3-5 gallons per plant

ms4ms said:
it has been stated that the best size to use is between 3-5 gallons per plant

ok I just transplanted like 4 of them into larger 10 inch pots and two are still a little to small to be transplanted (1 just needs to grow a bit more and the other hasn't even popped soil yet).

I'm going to see if they are alright after the transplant before I take photos because some of them had some very big root systems in the small pots and some of them broke off and they may be in shock. I'll post pics in the morning to see if they are fine.

Latest posts

Back