My first grow!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richy-B

Reaction score
Hey Everybody,
What an awesome site! I'm in my 4th week of my first grow. And I would like to get all the help I can get especially from you, Kindphriend.Hope you got my reply on your Bud Pics Thread. Anybody is welcome to help me out please!:D I'm getting a digital camera soon so everyone can see them. I'll post more info about them tomorrow.
GENESIS 1:12(think that's right)
I have given you all the seed bearing plants and herbs to use. :farm: :banana: :farm:

When I fertilize do I mix it in the water or put it on top of the soil like the bag says? I've always been told I need to mix it first. Any help?:confused: I have also took down the alum. foil I had drapped over my lights, enclosing my plant and a bowl of water for humidity. The foil was real close to some leaves. I think that had something to do with the burned looking leaves on side of the plant.:confused: The closet is painted white anyways and I left the alum. foil different places around inside of the closet.any advice would be great!:cool:
:farm: :farm: :farm:

well it depens wich nuts you bauht i sugges you the if you on veg stage you use slow release sticks that way you dont have to be mixin and it last you 90 day and they go for $3.00 the bowld of water is right i have one my self now just clean your bolwd at least once a week you can have insect larvie any question i am here good luck

Thanx. For the tips. I'm going to use Scotts Select Plant Food.All Purpose. Ideal for flowers and vegatables.10/10/10. That's what the bag says. Never seen the stix your talking about though where are they at? :confused2: you did say to clean the bowl once a week right?

Hey there Richy-B!!! Can´t wait to see some pics of your grow. What kind of soil, lights, seeds, setup, etc....do you have? Do you have a Grow Journal? How long have your plants been growing?

About the ferts, first it is important to know how long your plants have been growing. However, if they are ready for ferts I personally would use a liquid mix to start. This is because if you topdress the soil or if you mix it in with the soil, it is very easy to over fertilize and burn your plants....especially with a chemical fertilizer. Good luck and i´ll be watching!

*kindphriend*

Richy-B said:
I'm going to use Scotts Select Plant Food.All Purpose. Ideal for flowers and vegatables.10/10/10. :confused2: you did say to clean the bowl once a week right?

A higher level of Nitrogen ( the first 10 ) and lower Phosphorus/Potassium( the second/third 10 ) is more suitable for vegging and when flowering the Potassium level should be higher then the N/P.

Rember
Vegging = higher nitrogen
Flowering = higher Pottasium

My vegging nute is 24/8/16 soluble powder but as stated above I believe liquid ferts to be better/easier/ less soil polluting and redusses the chance of nute lock in the soil.

Hope this helped dude.

Thank u, thank u, thank u!
The fertilizing tips are great. I'm going to get some liquid fertilizer with higher nitrogen level and lower potassium and phosphurus for my vegging.:cool: Just to let ya'll know I'm using Miracle Grow potting soil. Feeds for up to 3 months. Started with three. only one baby survived the move. It's now 4 weeks old. In a four in'' pot. Wanting to transplant it soon. I've already got the bigger pot. I'll bury it just over the dried up,fallen off water leaves, correct? Right now I'm using two 75 watt output fluorescents 24in''. Two in'' above my baby. I have two giant Black lights from the 70's I'm thinking about putting bigger fluorescent bulbs in instead of the black lights, or do I need a totally different type of light now? Any suggestions?:confused: Do I want a very high amout of lumens? Or does the type of bulb itself matter more?

:cool: Wots up Richy
I think you lights will be ok for the veg stage until they get to say 5 - 7 in ( not 100% on this ) but if you can a HID would do wonders for flowering and bud size/density.
I use a 400 w HPS through out the entire grow, if you can i'd recommend it. Have a look on e-bay, some good deals. A little 250 HPS would do you just fine. But be warned HID lights cause more heat then floro's. Im still constantly battling temps, im in the proccess of building a bigger cab with an air intercooler on it.
Let me know how the MG soil works out, never tried it.
:cool:

hey if you have mg soil and it said feeds for 3 month dont feedthem nut youll kiil your babys

Your probably right about not giving the plant anymore nutrients. Reason being anybody else who's listening; my soil says feeds up to 3 months. When I transplant it to diff pot should I use a diff soil mix then? I want to make sure she's getting the right kind of nutrients. Nirogen,Potassium and Phosphorus. Correct ? The soil I have has a mix .21% Nitrogen. .07% phosphate and .14% potash. Are these right nutrients? :confused: This is the MG soil I was telling ya'll about.

Hey ya'll
Just did some cross references on ya'lls plants and see the same or just about the same nute levels as mine. Should be good then? I need to get a ph leveler for the plant too, just to make sure the plants are going to be getting those nutes for the three months it says it will feed it. By the way I've been wanting to get a 400 hps or 250 hps.I've been hearing so many good things about them. How hot do they tend to get? Say in a closet? Standard size, strictly for growing. I'll need some fans and a place for the air to actually vent out too then? Thanks for all the help ya'll have been giving me! This site Kicks a**!:cool:

if you are on veg stage you want a mix high on nitrogen and on flower stage high on phosphorus

Actually as an MG soil user for my first grow i say try it out one small dose and look for any changes, i have mine for 2 months plus newly added soil when replanted and i just gave mine their first shot on liquid nutes 8-6-9 and i say they reacted awesome to it. i think it has to do more with your environment, temps, circulation, etc. to really know with MG soil..

if u see they dont react well, givem a flush.. and some superthrive..

Hey everybody,
I just came home with my new digital camera.:rolleyes: Yup, just now getting one. I know, I know, but remember I'm new to this whole computer thing. And I love it. Along with my pot which if you ask me is the whole reason I wanted to get the computer in the first place. Heck, it's the reason I want to do anything.:yay: :banana: :yay:

Gonna take some pics so I can post them!
:headbang:

Hey Everybody,:)
Just figured out how to get the pics on here.:huh: I had to adjust sizes, etc! But anyway, you'll notice some yellow leaves in some pics but there's one pic that shows where they have fallen off. All new growth though is very bright green and already has a strong smell! I didn't think I'd notice a smell until later in veg or flowering stages.:huh: I'm going to repot her very soon! What ya'll think? She's just 4 weeks & 5 days old. Well, I hope it's a she. When will I be able to tell? I've got some more seeds germing. Hope they sprout!

Y9.JPG

W1.JPG

W6.JPG

W2.JPG

W3.JPG

W4.JPG

okay maybe im just high,
but are the tips of those leafs yellowed?

Latest posts

Back