My First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it possible to tell what type/strain of plant I have if I upload some pics of the leaves?

growgreen420 said:
Is it possible to tell what type/strain of plant I have if I upload some pics of the leaves?

No. If you do not know what you have, there really is no way to tell.

Okay that's fine.

Has anyone tried the 420 grow system "self watering pots?"

I have three strains now im smoking,,and they pretty much look the same. Green with red hair.:D

I cannot believe how awesome it is growing these plants! Everyday they surprise you with something new.

Just yesterday I was able to see the first Trichomes! Looks so sweet! :)

It IS truly exciting -- especially the first grow. You are doing just fine -- keep it growing :)

Peace

growgreen420 said:
I cannot believe how awesome it is growing these plants! Everyday they surprise you with something new.

Just yesterday I was able to see the first Trichomes! Looks so sweet! :)

I didn't think you were flowering yet. If the seed you got from your friend is bagseed, keep a close eye out for hermies.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I didn't think you were flowering yet. If the seed you got from your friend is bagseed, keep a close eye out for hermies.

Yes I have been flowering or 3 weeks and 5 days now. Trichomes are showing nice and clear right now. I have to pick up an illuminated magnifying glass from Radio Shack ($12) so I can keep a closer eye on the trichs so I know when to harvest.

And I assume what you mean by "bagseed" is just a bag of random seeds? Then yes you are right. I have been keeping a very close eye on them and I have narrowed down from 10 plants, in the beginning, to 4 plants now. The other 6 were males. The seeds were bought from a seed bank in Cali and had a friend bring them up to where I live. They weren't in the bag for long... But thank you for the heads up. So far so good and the clones have come around now and have a lot of new growth now.

I know I have different types of plants because the one that is showing trichomes is the only one doing so. They others have not yet but they have pretty decent sized buds.

And they will frost up nicely, I'm sure. I have two making mad trichs right now at three weeks in 12/12. The Sativa dom. Veneno hasn't produced any yet, and the Moby D1ck is just a week behind the others, but it is finally making some nice buds :) Good luck the rest of the way -- it's down hill from here on :) and stay safe

Peace

My runt of a thrid plant that broke ground aug 3rd wouldnt ever show sex for me so I put it outside nicely hidden still wont show me sex lol. I hate being stuck at a stand still. You should throw a pic up of your plants.

I will be at the grow site this friday so either friday or saterday I will throw some pics up. And I planted my plants on august 3rd as well lol

Here's a little update:

DSC00795.JPG

DSC00812.JPG

DSC00811.JPG

DSC00805.JPG

DSC00798.JPG

Thanks lol. The second pic ... That plant has the most trich's. It was an early bloomer. The other ones are catching up fast.

Well I harvested my first grow. Decent yield I think. We will see how much it weighs out when it all dries in a week or so. I wanted to wait like another week or 2 to harvest but everyone is going away for Thanksgiving for about 5 days so no one around to water.... would of lost the plants... anywhere here are a couple pic... Oh... and my first time making hash the "Gumby" way lol. Don't have filters so I am doing the gravity method. So far the water has a nice color to it. We will see how it turns out later tonight when I start draining the water.

DSC00817.JPG

DSC00818.JPG

Just want to say thanks to everyone who helped me out these past 4 months on my first grow! Didn't know what the heck I was getting myself into, lol, but I am very pleased with the results. The clones have been moved into the grow tent, now, and are underway! Second grow! :)

These probably should have gone another 3 weeks or so. From your posts, you did not start flowering these until 10-5. They probably should have gone until around 12-5. I certainly would have tried to set up some kind of watering system since you are only going to be gone for 5 days. I find that immature trichs really do not have much kick.

Trichs were cloudy and some random amber ones... So we will see what happens.

I still enjoyed this first grow... The second grow I will ensure a proper harvest time. Plus this grow gave me a chance to learn and also what plants I wanted to take clones from. Sooner or later I am going to get this down to an art lol

Latest posts

Back