My First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

growgreen420

Reaction score
Hey guys. Since things seem to be going well in the garden I wanted to post up my progress so far.

Setup:
2ft x 3ft x 6ft tent (Home made)
6in exhaust fan with smaller fan for circulation
3, 100 watt FL bulbs. (Upgrading this weekend. Didn't know what I needed so just got these to start)
Planted in FFOF
Plant type(s): Unknown.

Germinated 8-3-12

Enjoy the pics:
8-17-21

DSC00676.JPG

DSC00672.JPG

DSC00687.JPG

2.JPG

1.JPG

Are you planing on getting more lighting. Their looking good so far, but I think you will need more lights for flowering. Stay safe gg420. :)

What kind and size of lighting are you upgrading to? When we are figuring lighting needs, we use lumens. Since different lighting sources put out such different amounts of lumens per watt, wattage is pretty much immaterial. Equivalent wattage (you lights are 100W equivalent--they are probably actually around 25 actual watts and only put out around 1600 lumens) really means nothing at all except to the human eye--useless for growing purposes. For vegging, you need a minimum of 3000 lumens per sq ft and for flowering, 5000 lumens per sq ft. So a 6 sq ft space is going to need a minimum of 18,000 lumens for vegging and 30,000 lumens for flowering. Your lighting will directly affect your harvest.

Can anyone recommend a good brand's gardening tools?
I’m also thinking about starting gardening for my new house garden....
But I have no idea very well, what basic gardening tools I should purchased?
Please suggest me!!

Hey thanks guys for the kind words. I will have to get updated pics posted. They are growing like crazy. Delivered just today I got T5's that put out 20,000 lumens and I have 6 square feet so that puts me at about 3,333 lumens per square foot.

I also have a 400w HPS light setup that I picked up for $40! lol. That will be used for budding.

I started using CO2 last week and tomorrow is the first dosing of the FF lineup nutes.

So far the plants are growing like crazy.

Yeah your plants look like they have healthy leaves but your plants are still kinda stretchy. Once you get that new light up the plant's new growth will be alot better.

Yep I can't wait to hang the lights. Lights came in yesturday but won't be able to hang them until Friday :(.

Today will be the first day of ff nutes going in :)

growgreen420 said:
Hey thanks guys for the kind words. I will have to get updated pics posted. They are growing like crazy. Delivered just today I got T5's that put out 20,000 lumens and I have 6 square feet so that puts me at about 3,333 lumens per square foot.

I also have a 400w HPS light setup that I picked up for $40! lol. That will be used for budding.

I started using CO2 last week and tomorrow is the first dosing of the FF lineup nutes.

So far the plants are growing like crazy.

The CO2 is most likely doing nothing for your grow at this point except costing you money and energy. For enhanced CO2 to be beneficial, you need enhanced lighting, higher temps, an air tight space, it needs to be controlled and monitored, and you need to have all your ventilation coordinated so that your plants have time to use the extra CO2. How many ppms are you running and how is your ventilation system set up?

Okay little update...

Flowering for two weeks and the plants are looking GREAT! Buds are growing like crazy BUT..... the plants are out growing the grow tent... One plant has grown PAST the light and is not hitting the bottom side of the carbon filter and the other plants are following close behind... not really sure what to do? I was told by a member on here to pinch the stem so it crushes the "meat" and this will stop the growth? Or do I just trim the plant back?

As far as the 4 clones go... It has been two weeks and no roots coming out of the rockwool yet but if I peel back a little of the rock wool I can see the roots... Not sure how much longer the plants will go like this because the leaves are yellowing and dieing off.

I was thinking about just peeling back a little of the rockwool to expose the roots and then plant in FFOF. Is this a good idea?

OR

Since there are roots now should I remove the humidity dome so the clones can start growing? If I do this should I add some nutes at all?

I kinda want to just peel back some rockwool and plant in FFOF and let the nutes in the soil do their thing?

Anyone want to give me some advice on what I should do with the plants out growing my tent and what I should do with the clones.... Anything will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys and gals! :)

I always wait until I have good root growth through the rockwool or rapid rooter before I plant. There is no need to pull the rockwool back--the roots grow through it just fine.

Are the plants stretching or are they growing?

The Hemp Goddess said:
I always wait until I have good root growth through the rockwool or rapid rooter before I plant. There is no need to pull the rickwool back--the roots grow through it just fine.

Are the plants stretching or are they growing?

Thank you for the info on the clones. Woke up this morning and the roots were coming through... since I won't be back here at the garden for a week I decided to plant them in FFOF. (I just have someone who waters and raises lights when I am gone).

As for the large plants... they are growing. really think/dense growth, too. looks really cool lol.

Should I just pinch the tops of the stems on the plants to stop growth? Will this then be HST and if so will this take away from the final product?

Any pics?

Being that you are 2 weeks into flowering, I would not top.

Latest posts

Back