My first plant(2)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PM sent Tasty, thanks! I will be transplanting into 5 gal buckets tomorrow. Any advice on how much perlite to add into the soil when amending it? (This isnt my super soil I plan on making sometime soon for the other better genetics.

How are you liking your organic grow Hemp? Is it doing just as well as your hydro setups?

The Bluelab pens are my favorite so far. I don't really measure my pearlite but I suspect it works out to between 2parts and 3parts soil to 1part pearlite. You don't have to be precise but I think more is better than less to prevent the soil from compacting and allow good air penetration.

Not sure on how much lime, but to your question, the lime will buffer the soil as long as the PH of the water isn't way off (5.8 is optimal, water more than .5 either way could be an issue). :)

Transplanted into ffof to see if i can buy some time to get that meter and bring the plants back to life. I did one cup soil 2/3rds cup of perlite when I was measuring things out with a solocup lol. I got a flu shot today so I'm not feelin too good right now ill have pics up in the morning.

That sounds like a little too much but if it looks ok then it probably is. Like I said, I would rather have too much than too little. If you are in FF and intend to stay organic then get some ZHO or Mycho and some mollasses and mix in with the soil to get them hopping.

Ya know they say that the flu shot is dead virus that won't make ya sick, but everyone I hear that takes it gets at least some sick after getting the shot. When I joined the Army, they shot us up with everything and I stayed sick for 3 months(all the way through basic and AIT). I don't think I got sick again after that for about 3-4 years.

Wow that crazy, none of my friend have said anything about getting sick from their shots when joining the army or airforce. The paper I got that had the lot number and stuff on the flu shot I got said it was the live virus, thought I always thought it was the dead virus too...

I seem to have misplaced my camera lol, hopefully in the mornin I'll get pics up. The plants seem to like the transplant, One of the two was root bound 3/4th wat to the top (not solid solid roots but pretty packed).

The Silver Bullet Special said:
PM sent Tasty, thanks! I will be transplanting into 5 gal buckets tomorrow. Any advice on how much perlite to add into the soil when amending it? (This isnt my super soil I plan on making sometime soon for the other better genetics.

How are you liking your organic grow Hemp? Is it doing just as well as your hydro setups?

I'm going back to hydro for the winter. My organic did not do nearly as well as my hydro grows. I will try again next spring. It is hard to do dirt and organics with a bunch of snow and cold.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=799182#post799182

If I like the way this soil will produce for me when I get it all mixed up and cooked it may be the way to go for me for a while. We see about one-two frosts a year the rest of the time its far above freezing.

I have GH 3 part nutes I will be using, by the time this ffof runs out of nutes I'll have a ph/tds meter and some ph +/- to keep things regulated better than just hoping it's coming out right lol.

Transplanted into ffof to see if i can buy some time to get that meter and bring the plants back to life. I did one cup soil 2/3rds cup of perlite when I was measuring things out with a solocup lol. I got a flu shot today so I'm not feelin too good right now ill have pics up in the morning.

Way way too much perlite, IMO. I would not put more than about 20% perlite into the soil. Perlite is mostly to break up clayey, dense soil and aid in drainage. It should not be a major soil component--it does nothing to enhance the soil or feed the plants.

Microbes and molasses won't be beneficial if you are running chem nutes. Wait until you are running an organic soil. Chemical nutrients, like GH 3 part, kill soil microbes.

Thanks for the perlite advice, I was kind of going off of what I've seen on here and some people's mixes looked like they had alot more. If I have to use it again I'll keep it in mind. With the organic soil I have the rice hulls for that; maybe I'll need perlite for that too?

I transplanted into the ffof just because it was all I had and had to use the rest anyways. I'm hoping it will still do alright even though I've been feeding with gh3 part while it was in the 3 gallon pots.

Here is an updated pic of the two plants I have. The third plant I had was taken out because I ran out of space and it was the smallest of the three.I have 5 drainage holes in the bottom and 4 in the sides.

Sativa12.jpg

Indica12.jpg

Indica13.jpg

It's finally cooled off enough here for me to get up in the attic and run 12/3 wire for my lights and fans on a 20A breaker. With the current wiring in my house I feel safer to just run another dedicated circuit for the closet. Then it's back to ordering all the equip for flowering... I've said this before but hopefully it'll be up and going in three weeks. I've landed another job and finances are better.

It's finally cooled off enough here for me to get up in the attic and run 12/3 wire for my lights and fans on a 20A breaker. With the current wiring in my house I feel safer to just run another dedicated circuit for the closet. Then it's back to ordering all the equip for flowering... I've said this before but hopefully it'll be up and going in three weeks. I've landed another job and finances are better.

Hear ya there,
I just got moved and the new house had newer wire but VERY OLD fuse box-got the box changed by electrician. He'll be coming back to help me set up a line for lights and fans.want to do things right.
Keep it green!!!

:48:

ODF

Yeha out fuse box is OLDDDDD finding the breakers with the different color switches may be hard to find I guess (from what I was told I havent looked around yet).

I am finally able to order a ph/tds meter. If someone could tell me a model to get from bluelab that'd be great, I'm not sure if the meters come in a single pen for ph and tds or it would come in a kit of two.

Well I'm down to just one plant in the room (The plant with auto traits I'll post pics up tonight or tomorrow) The other one came down because it was getting too big, and I didnt want to chop it all down to height. I figured I would have had the flowering room set up about a month ago. It's finally almost all built and ready for better genetics.

This plant I have now has been under 24/0 light And is starting to frost up it's leaves. Since this is the only plant I've been using my T5 for 12/12, I know I'm using the wrong spectrum but ehh this plant is just for practice lol. We'll see how it turns out in the next few weeks.

The Bluelab testers come in both combo units and in individual test pens. I would say to get just the TDS and PH pens unless you plan on getting considerably bigger or just like having an all-in-one setup. I personally am a little afraid to trust equipment that "does everything". In my experience, stuff that is made to do everything does nothing well, while those things that are specialized can only do a few things at most but do them very well.

Here is a good deal on the 2 pens: hxxp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/bluelab-ppm-pen-p-3660.html

hxxp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/bluelab-ph-pen-p-3659.html

I order a lot of stuff from these guys and get solid service and quality stuff :)

Sweet thanks, I got my pens in the mail today... didnt remember to get calibration fluid... and do I need to keep the sponge wet on the end cap of the ph meter?

Absolutely! It is critical to the proper operation to keep the sponge wet. I use the 4.01 calibration fluid for storage solution to keep in the cap, but if you didn't get the cal fluid then use clean water that you have adjusted to 4.0 (They say not to use RO or bottled water but if you adjust the PH of some bottled water it should be fine). It is very important to not let the bulb on the probe dry out. If it does, it will fail to read right. If you forget to put the cap on for several hours or over night then place it in a small cup of 4.0 water for 24hrs and it should be ok. if it gets left dry for several days or more it can cause the permenant failure of the bulb.

Ive been watering with gallon spring water... but I'm gonna try to make some stuff jsut to get my by again till I can order some cal fluid. I'm gonna post up pics here in a few minutes. Again I'm down to one plant.

Another question... this PH up/down stuff... how strong is it? How exactly should I go about using this stuff? I dont know if I have to wait a certain amount of time before I check ph again and how much to use.

Heres some pics of it, This is only going to be under the T5 since I'm still without an hps. This plant has seemed to have been flowering since mid September. It's my only one left out of three, the so called thai, thats not really a sativa. I'm feeding with GH3 part 1tb micro&grow and 3tb bloom per gal at 890ppm.

Frost5.jpg

Frost4.jpg

Frost3.jpg

Frost6.jpg

Frost2.jpg

The PH adjuster fluids are very potent so don't spill any on you and not wash it off or either one will burn you. With the GH nutes, you have to mix your nutes and then let them sit for 24hrs before checking and adjusting or you will be chasing the PH all over the place. What I do with mine is mix up in a 5gal bucket(exactly 18liters of water each time) then I use an eye dropper that has ml measure on the side of it. I typically will use no more than 5ml of adjuster at a time(unless it is something that I have learned that takes 15-20ml to adjust to what I need). I don't use the GH line, but it is prebuffered for PH so that is why you have to let it sit. Then after adjusting the PH, you will have to let it sit again for at least 6-12hrs before checking again and making final adjustments. If you have any specific questions about this, THG uses the GH line and can tell you the specifics of it. :)

BTW, the plant looks real good for not having an HPS over it. The buds will probably end up a bit airy but should be good regardless :)

Thanks I'm hoping to have a hps and ventillation in next weekand then throw this plant under the hps and start up some satori and a new journal for that.... im still trying to wrap my head around cloning there are soo many methods not sure what to choose..

Latest posts

Back