My Grow Setup, Opinions please:)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyDarko

Reaction score
alright heres the lowdown on my grow

seeds: Lowryder #2 (decided was easiest for first time grow. next grow is gonna be white widow)

Plants: germing 6 hoping for at least 2 females, and a male to polenate for seeds.

lights: 4 CFL'S totalling 2700 lumens each so 10,800 lumens total if iam correct. i hope this is suffiecient.

soil: I'm still going nuts over this. I heard bad things about miracle grow cause of the time relseaed nutes. my plan was to feed the seedlings a rooting seedling formula from biobizz or foxfarm lets say untill they were a a week before the nutes in the miracle grow kick in. then stop feeding them it and just fresh distilled water. so wont that make them get their nutes and not over doing it? if not im going to try and find a potting mix and use some perlite and worm castings in it. just gonna use 4 gallon pots since LR dont get too big. any anyone has ideas let me know. im stumped.

I have also 2 small fans, one blowing air in and one out. an air purifier situated near the plants. ph test strips, watering calender, made sure the light stays sealed in. walls are lined with mylar, and i also have a dehumidifier if i need it. also built a DIY smelly thing i foudn in the forum. i got my bloom nutes and rotting nutes if i need them. timers, tempature gadges and humidity gaugues. lol al li can think of.

so am i ready to grow u think guys?

sorry to double post but the grow area is 2 and a half meters high, 1 and a quater meters wide and about a meter deep

yea you will be fine bro for soil just go with any mix hell ive use expert gardener when i was broke from wally world worked like charm but its your choice foxfarm ocean forest uhmm pro mix from home depot you can even go with that walmart store but im more of a foxfarm guy i just had no money lol the lighting seems good how many square feet are you growing in? you may have posted that already im just high and that sounds like a really nice setup id rather you have a 150 watt hps but ive seen some hella good grows with cfls i think youre ready just get some nice soil and grow grow grow

thanks man for the advice. your name leads me to believe you have expeirience with lowryder? if so i need all the help i can get. but i heard ythis pretty much grows itself.

also another question. my LR's are gonna be on a 18/6 light schdeule. would it be possible to start vegging a white widow plant on this light cycle without flowerinbg? that way when the lowryder finishes up, i can switch it to 12/12 to start flowering the vegged widow...sorry if i wasnt clear enough. hard to explain

most all of your set up sounds ok to me guy but the one thing i noticed is that you said your box is about 8'hx4'wx3'd you said meters and a meter is about 3 ft each i did it in feet and you said that your total lumen light is 10800 this isnt enough per sq foot the general rule is 5000 lumen per square foot and looking at the size it say it seems to be at least 12 sq ft (WxD) and this would lead to be about 60000 lumen if this is so your going to be better off with a 600W mh or hps that will cover the lumen you need in that size of a box

Latest posts

Back