My Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyeslikedonuts

Always Glazed
Reaction score
'Sup guys :ciao: I have been floating around this fine forum and havent posted any pics of my closet. I have had many rough starts, all my LR #2 beans i bought in september all didnt germinate except one, bad beans from dr. chronic. I have a ghetto closet with my remaining Lowryder #2 in coffee container with 3 bagseed sprouts in 4" pots. I have no idea how old they are. I find if i count days i am constantly going, why aint they any bigger for x amount of days. Ill start counting when i put them into flower. Im using Promix with tap water that sat for 24 hours, pH of 6.4. I water when the pots are light. I dont shove my finger into the soil, i have better uses for em :hubba:. The promix has lime in it so im not too aweful worried about pH problems although i check every few waterings. I have 2 23w 6500k daylight cfls and 2 40w 2700k cfls. Temps range from 68 to 78. Lights are 24/0. My LR #2 is lookin a little N starved so i made a very light dose of food and fed them. Im using Miracle Grow All Purpose food, 24-8-16. Usage is 1/2 tsp. per gallon. I mixed alittle under an 1/8 tsp in 2 qts. I have killed many sprouts by over feeding, Im trying to get this right. Ok nuff verbal diahrrea, just wanted to give ya the run down.

101_0789_edited.jpg

101_0790_edited.jpg

101_0802_edited.jpg

101_0803_edited.jpg

101_0792_edited.jpg
open ridicule is accepted, i have big shoulders, i can take it :ignore:

peace, e :bong2:

p.s. If these pics are too big for som, let me know ill size em smaller

You have the beginnings of a NASA program...........Keep fine tuning it and it will give you good success. Doesn't come quickly or easily. Just keep going and it will work out, dude.

Keep in the back of your mind that an HPS light is the best and most efficient for growing. It gives you the most light energy for dollars spent. And grows tight plants with good buds.

So far so good.

PB:)

only thing i can suggest to ya is if it says "miracle grow"...hold up a cross and run into the daylight. i've burnt my first grow on that stuff sooooo bad, especially the "time release" soil. for great CHEAP stuff i go to home depot for the "jungle mix with lime"...get a bag of perlite/vermiculite there also, mix them 50/50...awesome soil! for nutes, i've found a hydro nutrition starter kit for 20 bucks, everything you need...can also be mixed per gallon for soil grows. its called "Recipe For Success Starter Kit" made by Technaflora...not saying its the best, but for the price is working GGRREEAATT for me. just throwing it in there.

'Sup guys :wave: Thanks for your words. I am looking into getting HPS. Im going to go to http://www.e-conolight.com and get a replacement ballast and bulb for under 30 dollars. Ill do wiring myself. 150w should be plenty for the closet. My soil is peat moss, perlite, lime, and a wetting agent. only miracle grow i use is all purpose food 24-8-16 with micro nutrients as well and so far its treated my friend well so i am gonna give it a shot. Less is more :hubba:. till next time. peace, e :bong2:

right on, you got me interested in those lights now, checkin em out, let ya know what i think, i might just order 1 or 2

'Sup guys :ciao: Its been 6 days since my last post. All is well in the closet, although i need to dismantle it for tomorrow. Inspections tomorrow. They gave us 24 hours notice :holysheep:. I am not sure if they check closets so im gonna break it down for a few hours. anyways, i didnt take pics yet. Ill do that tomorrow when i get it back up and running. I have 2 bagseed sprouts, 1 LR #2, who btw decided to show its preflowers and .... its....a.... GIRL! I happened to spread some leaves apart and say 2 antennas sticking out. I imediately grabbed my magnifier and sure enough, its a calyx with 2 itty bitty pistils sticking out. I transplanted them into larger pots. I think its been 2 weeks or so for Claire ( LR #2) and a week or so for the bagseed, who we'll call George and Red. I really cant wait to buy my HPS. I have 8 cfls in my closet now. Its getting cramped in there. No nutes since I slightly burned them last week. They seemed to take the transplant well, they are a little droopy, though i think its from a little too much water. Anyways, like i said, ill post pics tomorrow before work. Until then, peace, e :bong2:

'Sup guys :ciao: Its been 8 days now and theres been some growth. Claire, my LR #2, looks real hungry. I wantd to wait a little while before i fed her again so today was the day. Made her a half strength of 24-8-16 and hope its not too strong. The last feeding was 1/4 strength and it it helped a little. Figured id try 1/2 strength. Her 2 only calyxs have increased in size a lit'l. Red had a unfortunate accident and had to be put to rest. George, bag seed, has grown well. Just starting to show signs of wanting food. Gave her a 1/4 strength drink and are gonna hope for the best. Last is Frankie, Sweet Thai. She was a freebie from an order and i was expecting it to die out. It germinaed in 24 hours and took another 24 hours to break ground. Its a little stretched but ill bury most of it when i repot. I know i said Id post pics but the camera batteries need charging. I am thinking of switching lights to 12/12 in another week or 2. I know 24/0 is better for LR but i really cant have huge plants so a few weeks veg will have to do. Until next time. peace, e :bong2:

we need visuals lol, hurry up manlol, s u c k s(thats a cussword?) to hear about your plant man, may she rest in a pipe lol..

sounds like ur grow is doin good did u have ur plants on 24 hour light when it showed sex? ...... hope all stays well with ur girls keep up the good growin

'Sup guys :ciao: Well, I just resized the pics i said i was gonna post.

Top and side view of George. Node spacing is about 1/4" :shocked:
101_0812_edited.jpg

101_0814_edited.jpg

Top and side view of Claire, who is flowering under 24/0 :hubba:.
101_0815_edited.jpg
101_0819_edited.jpg

Top and side view of Frankie
101_0820_edited.jpg
101_0821_edited.jpg

Family shot
101_0822_edited.jpg
Claire and George have a little nute burn and discoloration but were workin that out. I gave them a drink yesterday. George got little less than half strength, 24-8-16. I didnt notice any new burns. She does seem a lit'l droopy. not sure why that is. Claire got a 1/2 strength dose of Shultz all purpose 10-15-10. Shes spitting out preflowers so i wanted to drop the N and up the P. She is small and really lacking green on bottom leaves. Im trying not to go overboard by playing with them. The leaves are bothering me but i have to remember to be patient and see how they work it out and if they need my assistance. Thats something i have hd a hard time with. Anyways, Frankie is the slow growing of the 3. I havent a clue how long shes been topside but she sure is taking her sweet time to spit some leaves out. I transplanted her from a 4" pot to a 2 qt pot. I think she'll do fine in this. Im not gonna let her get too tall if i can help it. The temps differ from 70F to 80F and humidity is low at 25-35%. I am gonna hang a damp cloth to see if that helps any. That may be the reason some of the leaf blades are folding up a lit'l. Runoff pH is 6.4 +/-. Well thats about all i can give ya for info, questions, comments, or open ridicule accepted. Sorry for the delay in pics, Ill post new ones every week and update then if not sooner. Thanks for hanging. peace, e :bong2:

*EDIT*
I thought Id add that i am gonna try to LST George a lit'l. I used a rubber coated paper clip. 101_0824_edited.jpg

101_0827_edited.jpg

101_0828_edited.jpg

101_0829_edited.jpg

'Sup guys :ciao: Been 8 days since my last updats and ive had considerable growth. Claire is in full flower. She stretched a atleast 3 inches within these few days :shocked:! It would figure my last LR #2 seed would turn out female. She has a real musty yet spicy smell. Its been 14 days since Claire started preflowering, so i guess tomorrow marks her first day in flower under 24/0! I gave her a 2 qt. drink with full strength nutes, 10-15-10. She seems to respond well.
George is doing great. I definately have an indica dom plant. She's only 5" tall but has a number of nodes. I took 3 small cuttings from the bottom of her to open it up a lit'l to allow more air circulation and to maybe determine sex. Im hoping for a female but i suspect a male from its vigorous growth.
I gave her a 2 qt. drink with full strength nutes, 24-8-16. She also seems to respond well. I discontinued her LST. Being my first time and not having alot of time left for this grow, I had her bent for a week and released her. She has been droopy for some time now. Its not from over or under watering, heat stress nute stress :hairpull:. I have no clue what to do or how to solve it so ive just dealt with it. She seems healthy otherwise.
Last but definately not least is Frankie. Being a lone Sweet Thai freebie i wasnt expecting much from this bean. To my surprise, she is growing rather well. Shes a few weeks old and has had 2 feedings. One was 2 weeks ago and was 1/8 strength. Today, she got 1/4 strength and I think she'll do just fine.
All and all, I am rather pleased with myself. Ive managed to maintain a decent pH, with a lit'l help from lime. Ive only burned my plant early on with nutes but flushed it and they recovered well and havent shown any signs of distress, other than George's sagging problem. Im still using 4 23w 6500k daylight cfls, 2 23w 3000k soft white cfls, and 2 40w 300k soft white cfls. I will be transplanting Claire and George. Im going to leave Frenkie in a 2 qt pot and see how she grows. I cant afford her to get real tall.
Temps are from 70F-78F and humidity is between 30%-40%. I thought Id add ive been using straight city tap water with a neutral pH and am having ok results. My next grow, Im gonna remove the chlorine and see how much of a difference that makes. I guess that's it for the verbal part now a few pics from today after their watering..I apologize for a few blurry pics, I was in a hurry.

101_0856_edited.jpg
Group shot

101_0857_edited.jpg
Frankie

101_0858_edited.jpg
George

101_0861_edited.jpg
Claire

Well thats its for now. Questions, comments, and anything inbetween is welcome. Until next time. peace, e :bong2:

Whats up eyes,just noticed that you have a grow going -looking good and seems that you have everything under contror- as the others said: go hps,go hps,go hps:p:D good luck with the ladies man

George looks a little over watered there, but still nice n healthy greeners ya got there, good spectrum setup as well, those 6500k's will veg nicely

'Sup guys :ciao: I thought George was overwatered but I am letting the pots dry out completely before watering them so overwatering is out of the question. I could be drying them out too much. I was looking over George last night and I noticed something that resembled a preflower and upon further inspection, I found a female preflower :woohoo:! It's real small and i can just makeout the pistils so I'm about 80% positive it's a girl! I am going to plug in my timer and switch to 12/12 tonight. Im curious how my LR #2 will react. Frankie is really growing but not much else to report on her. Im hoping for 3/3 females but if Frankie is a male, Im gonna collect the pollen and hopefully get a female next run and make some Sweet Thai beans. Well thats about it for now. 4 days until pics. thanks for hanging. peace, e :bong2:

'Sup guys :ciao Everything is going ok i guess in my closet. Claire is in full flower and smells like a cross from musty and spice. I cant wait to chop and cure her! Shes been on 24/0 up until 3 nights ago. Claire is 7" tall. I decided to change to 12/12 because George is preflowering. I am 90% sure its female however theres 2 preflowers that i am not liking th looks of. They may be male preflowers. Another week and ill be able to tell. I trimmed some fanleaves off of George and she took right off. I think they were sufficating the plant. Shes almost a foot tall so around 2 feet im thinking she'll top off. Frankie is coming along well. She has a few deficencies so i flushed with pH corrected water and gave her a full dose of 10-15-10. Since im inducing flowering i thought it was apropriate. For a sativa, Frankie is quite stout with nice node spacing. I am real proud of myself so far on this grow. Its been little over a month and they havent dies or had any major problems. Well here are the pics of them.

101_0870_edited.jpg
Claire in full flower... mmmmmm. 3 days on 12/12. Wonder how shes gonna react.

101_0871_edited.jpg
George with her new haircut. Oh and i toped her and slightly tied down her limbs so they would get more light. Been 3 days on 12/12

101_0873_edited.jpg
Frankie, lookin a litle sick. Hoping the flush and fresh nutes will do her good. Shes been 3 days on 12/12.
Well thats it folks. glad you could hang and we'll see u soon. peace, e :bong2:

hey i got a question u said way back in the begining of ur grow that uf plant showed prefloewers that is a girl are u shure ?because i did not no they show that soon i was lookin at ur first copple picks and it says 6 days since ur last post and i look at the picks 6 days back from that post and ur plant still looked like a seedling im just wonderin if some plants show sex that young because my plant is 10 times bigger than urs and it still aint showed sex im curious about this

Latest posts

Back