my hydro set up please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esahc87

Reaction score
hey guys be awhile since i have written to your fellers but i need your alls help i have been getting ready to start grwoing here for a while i got my grow box and my grow space picked out i will post some pics and see how that goes. my main prob im at now is lights i have reseached and reseached about what light to use i have desiced to use a hps just casue it seems the way to go for all growth stages now my prob is what watt to get i was reading that a 75 will do fine i was thinking about a 150 maybe a 200 or maybe even a 400 but im a poor collage kid so im going for the best route i mean yeah i can get a 400 but like if i can get by with a 100 or so for around 100 bucks i would be happy i saw one at lowes i may get if u guys approve now im dealing with a 10 gal rubbermade container i got off ebay it has 8 holes so what kind of lights would i need for that i have a pic of it ill post or try all new to posting pics so good luck to me for that. my grow room is a small attach as u can see in the pic ill prolly just put it in the corner and set it up over there. i plan on put a fan up there i was reading its makes ur plants stronger. any who anthoer prob is ferts and yes i have been reading like no it seems like that GH 3 part stuff is the way to go but is there any thing i can get at like lowes or any where like that that would work just the same i was reading someitnhg about afican violet fert working but who knows so all and all i need to know what kind of light to get and fert to get any any other info would be awsome so i can get this show on the road now heres my pics i hope sorry its a little dark but you get the idea any question feel free to ask thanks

M01A0124.JPG

M01A0125.JPG

M01A0126.JPG

You need nutrients made for HYDROPONIC Growing. I suggest if the tank holds 10 gallons, you use 8 gallons of water and create a small air pocket around your grow cups. Then you will follow instructions on the nutrients, mixing them at the per gallon rate. You'll need GROW or VEG nutes and BLOOM or FLOWERING nutes.
Do you already have your air pump and water pump, and hydroton rocks and rockwool cubes?

Peace,

i have grown in one of those systems, under a 400w light with 4 plants. i would say 4 plants is the most you would want in there.(depending on size)

chebahut said:
i have grown in one of those systems, under a 400w light with 4 plants. i would say 4 plants is the most you would want in there.(depending on size)

I AGREE.

Unless you are doing a "sea of green" grow, and are going to start 12/12 at two weeks, you need to limit yourself to 3 or 4 plants, if you plan on allowing them to fully mature to their maximum height.
IF you start with seed, you'll get 50-50 males-females anyway. If you start with clones, just place a plant in each corner, UNLESS YOU ARE DOING A SEA OF GREEN. Then crowd those babies in there.
PEACE

go to inside sun dot com.... 400 w hps for a texas ten.

now you gotta worry bout heat , cold, nutes, meters, genetics, ventilation, light leaks...theres alot more but i dont want to discourage you.

this hobby isnt cheep! i recommend soil...good organics with organic nutes small 1 gallon containers, (sog) plant 25 seeds but start them in smaller containers like the medium sized big gulp cups you get at the gas station ,... and flower after one or two weeks veg weed out the males, research supercroping and scrog. if you could end up with 12 females and flower them quick, you will yeild nice i assure you!

thanks for the info yeah i have my pump and everything i just need seeds and a light. and the nuts. now with sea of green thats growing like 8 plants keeping them short right then just harvesting from them but on the other hand if i only put 4 in there they could get bigger so what would i get the most yeld from 8 little plants or 4 big ones ?

Esahc87 said:
thanks for the info yeah i have my pump and everything i just need seeds and a light. and the nuts. now with sea of green thats growing like 8 plants keeping them short right then just harvesting from them but on the other hand if i only put 4 in there they could get bigger so what would i get the most yeld from 8 little plants or 4 big ones ?

Unless you have invested heavily in nutes and have a nutrient guide from the manufacturer I wouldn't advise you attempt DWC without an ec/ppm meter. A pH meter goes without saying...

It's also not a good idea to feed at the dosage it says on the back of the bottle... a flowering (and vegetating, for that matter) cannabis plant needs a different amount of nutes per stage of growth. Most often these stages of growth are calculated in weeks, and this seems a safe assumption to stick with for now.

If you don't want a load of dead plants and several wasted weeks you'd do well to invest in a ppm/ec meter.

A ppm/ec meter is a good thing to have, but frequent reservoir changes and close monitoring of the water level will work ok. As far as light, go with the biggest light you can afford, conservatively, you know don't get a 1,000 watter for 2 plants...

shadetree said:
A ppm/ec meter is a good thing to have, but frequent reservoir changes and close monitoring of the water level will work ok. As far as light, go with the biggest light you can afford, conservatively, you know don't get a 1,000 watter for 2 plants...

close monitoring how, stick your head?

Latest posts

Back