my new grow(mixed strains, mixed lighting)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bf74

Reaction score
whats up people, I have some of my led experiments posted here, but this grow picks up with a 299 watt- led veg tent, and a 450w-(300w led-150whps) flowering tent. In the veg tent you'll see 2 lowlife ak47s(2 weeks old)on the far left, in the small cups are 2 himalaya gold (middle) 5 days old-and in the 3-1 gallon buckets of hydroton are nightshade clones-13 days after being snipped- they will be next in the flowering tent-about 4 weeks from now.By then the himalaya golds will be ready to be topped. The best of the 2 will be kept as a mother(I like himalaya gold) and the other gets flowered. In the mean-time we'll see how these autos do. The budded plants in the flowering box have 3 weeks?The one one the left is nightshade, on the right is la confidential-both are 41 days in 12/12.Will keep yal updated- peace

plants are a' growin 006.JPG

plants are a' growin 007.JPG

plants are a' growin 001.JPG

plants are a' growin 004-1.JPG

plants are a' growin 002.JPG

plants are a' growin 003.JPG

thank you very much-more to come. peace

You are the first one I've seen getting good results with led. Thank you for being a pioneer and keep up the good work. Will follow with great interest.

kebnekajse said:
You are the first one I've seen getting good results with led. Thank you for being a pioneer and keep up the good work. Will follow with great interest.
Thank you very much- and yes these lights are great for micro-grows, but if you can stick with hps by all means do so. I miss my big hids.But I have to say this style of growing has really well....grown on me.It's a horse of a very different color and some adjustments must be made to insure success.Thanx agai n, and I'll be more than happy to answer any questions. Morning pics comin up. peace

bf74 said:
Thank you very much- and yes these lights are great for micro-grows, but if you can stick with hps by all means do so. I miss my big hids.But I have to say this style of growing has really well....grown on me.It's a horse of a very different color and some adjustments must be made to insure success.Thanx agai n, and I'll be more than happy to answer any questions. Morning pics comin up. peace

the best cfl-grows use many different colours on their light, mainly 2700k for bloom, but some 6000 and 400 aswell. results in tight, big nugs. you seem to have a similar approach with many dif spectrums of light, maybe that's why you're doing so well.

i've got a 250w hps in a closet with about 2m height. been thinking about growing a tall girl with leds as side lighting since penetration is not very good with the 250. i see you recomend the white leds from the sides, but how much would you say i should use? I'm thinking 100-150w would do fine for one plant, helping out with budsites more than 30-40 cm from top. is this too few watts to make a difference?

kebnekajse said:
the best cfl-grows use many different colours on their light, mainly 2700k for bloom, but some 6000 and 400 aswell. results in tight, big nugs. you seem to have a similar approach with many dif spectrums of light, maybe that's why you're doing so well.

i've got a 250w hps in a closet with about 2m height. been thinking about growing a tall girl with leds as side lighting since penetration is not very good with the 250. i see you recomend the white leds from the sides, but how much would you say i should use? I'm thinking 100-150w would do fine for one plant, helping out with budsites more than 30-40 cm from top. is this too few watts to make a difference?
150w of led+ the 250? You should see immediate results my friend.If mounted on the sides the lower canopy will be lit up more than sufficiently.My experiences with adding deep reds 660nm to the lower canopy via side lighting has resulted in buds forming to within an inch from where stem meets rockwool, on 14-15 inch clones.I'd say your best option for now, to get started, would be to invest in a 660nm all red ufo, I have one and I know it's helped immesurably.Got it for 200US shipping from Xiang China. I think this is a great flowering supplement for your 250w hps- side mounted about halfway down the plant should supply you with a 1meter x 1meter effective footprint.As for the whites- they get a little warm to stick it the lower canopy- 2-12w cool white(not warm!- plenty of that in the hps) think of it as adding a little metal halide theory into play.The extra peaks of blue seem to do the trick.Just make sure they're mounted above the canopy- once again white-1w and above-fixtures do get warm, so be careful. hope this helped peace

seems like i'm on the right track then. i'l look around for the red ones. thank you for helping out.

/k

Looking great! Love the disco vibes!

Haha, I knew that leds were expensive, but not that expensive. 150w led on the sides are not doable atm. Some day perhaps, but not now at these prices. Will experiment with my 2x70w hps instead.

Good for you that you are able to do this, and for the rest of us looking aswell. I am positive you have turned some poeple on to leds.

Take care

/k

thank you, and many fine harvests to ya. I've had a couple good runs with a pure afghani, a 70w hps and a couple cfls.And stick around I've got a new illuminator coming( was supposed to be here already) and I think I'm about to show what alot of led power can do. peace

Latest posts

Back