My Search for a Purps Mother

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats going on today you ask?

Out of the 4 Kush seedlings 2 have sexed just today. I have 1 female and 1 male. The male will be culled as soon as I am 'certain'.

Clones are doing good, lots of new growth but they haven't "exploded" with growth yet, it'll happen soon.

Flowering gals, lookin good too.

Lame update, sorry.

Picture update:

Clones looking good, starting to shoot out lots of leaves now

Kush plants are sexed, 3 females and 1 male. Very cool! They are going through their flower growth spurt now and getting to be nice little plants.

Flowering plants are oh, so purple. We are at, or just a few days shy of the 6 week mark. Smell is great, buds look good (not gonna be a huge yielder, but it'll be ok), and they are some just covered in trichomes.

So, onto the pictures.

100_0696 [].JPG

100_0699 [].JPG

100_0700 [].JPG

100_0704 [].JPG

100_0708 [].JPG

100_0710 [].JPG

100_0713 [].JPG

100_0714 [].JPG

Entering the BPOTM, so this is a shameless bump for that. :bump:

How could ANYBODY not LOVE this plant. It is beautiful.

First 2 pictures are the clone that will become the mother, the one I was searching for, and the reason I started this journal. Sweet! The single bladed leaves that unrolled from the pistils are pretty cool looking too.

The 3rd and 4th picture is one of the Kush plants that has only been really flowering for a few days. The three of them are lookin' nice and green. They stretched a little, and only vegged for about 10 days, but they are doing pretty darn good.

The next 4 pictures are of the plant that I am keeping. She is pretty much a single cola plant that turns beautiful colors and is fun to grow. I don't know how she smokes yet, but I am quite sure that I won't be let down. That last picture of the smaller bud just covered in trichs is one of about 20 on the plant, they look like little 1gram diamonds.

The last 2 pictures are from the other purps plant that is flowering. Its short, probably 22" short. The bud formations are really really neat looking and totally different from the other one. Hopefully you can see how different they look in the pictures.

Ok, so I know this has been a long post but I also got some bad news. If you have been following along you would remember I started with 3 purps girls. Well the other day I noticed that one of them had a single male pollensack that had opened :cry:. Well off with her head (and the single clone I had of her!) I trimmed and am in the process of drying her and I haven't found a seed yet, but I'm not holding my breath. I just hope there weren't more and that the other plants aren't seeded.

Well, thanks for reading. Enjoy the pics.

100_0734 [].JPG

100_0735 [].JPG

100_0744 [].JPG

100_0746 [].JPG

100_0740 [].JPG

100_0749 [].JPG

100_0750 [].JPG

100_0754 [].JPG

100_0752 [].JPG

100_0753 [].JPG

I love purple so much:rolleyes:. I remember getting the first pound from California Columbia. It was soo sweet, left an ice glaze in my mouth it seemed. My opinion, I crossed the first purple strain I had with a new Rhino I found in South Swahili. I stayed a year in one of the villages on a Peace Corp Opp. Pretty important stuff;), I called it purple rhino. It was what my son would call, "Dank" :banana:

Reactions: gmo
How tall is your plant in picture number 5? That looks great;)

Thanks guys. I didn't keep a male this go 'round. Maybe next time. The plant in picture 5 is about 30" tall, she didn't really branch out that much and is mainly a single cola plant, minus all those little "diamond" buds, like the one in picture 8.

Hey, been a while since an update so here goes. I have 1 purps plant (the pheno I kept as a mother) left flowering. She is probably right between week 8 and 9 right now, gonna let her go just a tad bit longer. Her trichs are about 80/20 cloudy/amber right now. She isn't the prettiest girl anymore, but the buds have really fattened up the last week. The other purps plant is curing right now, haven't smoked any yet, but I'll let ya know how she is when I try her. The clones are still doing well and getting BUSHY, no pictures this time but i'll get some soon. The other pics are of the Kush ladies. Trichs already! WOW, I don't even think im 3 weeks in yet! The one plant, as you can see, is having some weird yellowing (neon yellow) on 1/2 of some leafs, dunno what it is, but the growth hasn't slowed. If anyone has a clue please let me know.

100_0785 [].JPG

100_0786 [].JPG

100_0788 [].JPG

Ok I feel like I owe you guys a really good update to this journal. Lots has been going on, got some purps thats been cured about a week now. Not much flavor yet, but my God, the high is intense. I mean, my mind is gone when I smoke this stuff. If it tasted better (after a little longer cure, hopefully it will) it would probably be the best smoke I have ever had, and I've smoked a lot of buds. First few pics are of the last plant harvested. Went just over 9 weeks, she looked sad in the end, but the smoke looks amazing (haven't had this pheno yet, but it looks crazy good and smells awesome). Next pictures are gonna be some dried and curing buds. Lastly, whats in my flower room right now. The 3 scrony plants are my Kush's, looking good now at 24 days in flower. The bushier plant is a clone of one of the purps from the last run. She got bushy! Look at the branching.

That'll do it for this time. :48:

100_0816 [].JPG

100_0812 [].JPG

100_0813 [].JPG

100_0793 [].JPG

100_0817 [].JPG

100_0819 [].JPG

100_0828 [].JPG

100_0831 [].JPG

100_0832 [].JPG

100_0833 [].JPG

100_0834 [].JPG

100_0830 [].JPG

17.6 grams!? That is one enormous bud! Congrats on the harvest.

Ya dude, thats after I cut it down too, it wouldn't fit in the jar in its full state. It was about 26g total.

looks really nice i dont really see the purple though.. i got the purps from the bcseedking also

Latest posts

Back