Mylar tents

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stufart

Reaction score
Im thinking about buying a mylar tent but then I wonted to know if they are essential? Im currently growing out in my large shed however there is a lot of light from my HPS 600 watt dual spectrum getting lost into no mans land as the light isnt contained. I guess once the plants get bigger its going to be harder to get the light down into the foliage.

1. Would I get better results if I set up a mylar tent?
2. Is it easier to keep cool than say an open bedroom?
3. how big a tent would I need for 5 plants?

Stufart

I love my tents.
I love the idea I can rip n move my grow anytime with no trace I was even there.
Proper fans n exhausting out of the room the tent is contained works great.
Solahut makes good tents for good price.
hxxp://www.solasolu.com/collections/solahut-line-grow-tents
Depends on size you want your girls. 4x4 or 5x5 will do 5 plants for u.
Hope this helps.
LH.

Tents are not essential, but you do want your light in a space that is the right size for the light you have In your case, a 600W is good for about 16-18 sq ft. So, you should either build a space that size or get a tent if building something is not an option. You also need to keep your space 100%dark during the flowering period, something I doubt that you can achieve in your shed.

However, right now, I think your biggest concern are temps. And they need to be dealt with first. Did you put a thermometer in your space to determine how hot it was getting? It is essential that your first concern be getting your temps in line. And you need to know exactly what they are--this is not something you can guess at. What are your temps running now? Your highs and lows?

Im buying a thermometer today. I often jump the gun on things, however Im sorting out the temp issue first. My girls are still small so I guess I have some time before worrying about tents.

Latest posts

Back