Name Your Mistake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherrwood

Reaction score
I often read posts of common mistakes on a first grow or grows due to being new.

I thought it would not only be interesting and comedic to see who else made the mistakes I did on my first grows but informative as well to new growers.

So this thread is about admitting to something you did wrong, etc., and possibly even why, like you were told by a friend or read it or heard it somewhere.

I'll throw one out there;

One of my many mistakes was thinking the Fox Farms feeding chart was cheap, lol, I mean only a few tea spoons?, nah, I added quite a bit more thinking the more the nutes the faster n bigger they will grow, lol, its funny now but it killed all the plants. :(

My biggest mistake was getting beans and grow equipment as well as starting my first grow before I found this place. I got crappy genetics and wasted money on equipment that was over hyped by the seller. I actually though I could grow 4 plants in a small DWC tub with just 2 large CFL's. :D ♫♫♫

Bar none for me. If you take in friends clones or are getting clones from somewhere. It's critical they get quarantined for a bit to make sure your not bringing disease into your clean grow.

Bar none for me. If you take in friends clones or are getting clones from somewhere. It's critical they get quarantined for a bit to make sure your not bringing disease into your clean grow.

:yeahthat:

Word....that's how I got the Borg. Anyone who has battled the Borg knows what a PITA it is. Good one Nchef. ♫♫♫

i tried to use my own hot air to blow a clogged water line clear---after copious bong loads and bending over to blow the debris thru the tube with many consecutive breaths---i raised up---blacked out and banged my head---out cold and soaked in water i learned my lesson---i now clean the line with high pressure water from a hose :chuck::rofl:

Mine was I thought I could use a street light so I mounted it on a wall and let her rip. Wrong. It was kinda funny. I dont evan remember the stats on the light. My plant looked like....well I am too embarrassed to say what it looked like. When I get home I will post a picture.

:rofl:

my biggest mistake would have been probably picked the bud a little to early

was really baked mixing nutes got distracted came back went to feeding my plants and dumped straight nutes no water on one of my plants
flushed and everything worked out in the end
:confused2: they were both one gallon jugs in my defense i was mixing in a empty nute jug

my biggest mistake would have been probably picked the bud a little to early

^this. Damn helicopters made me so freaking paranoid. Also, I didn't feed my plants but they turned out ok. Much better then the Mexican dirt weed sold around here, lol.

(Only had one grow. I'm sure if there were others they would have been full of many mistakes, lol)

My first grow ever i thought pm was frost for about a day then realized something was up and had to trash the bubba plant that had it. Also i tried to grow like 16 plants in a 1 x 2 ft area on carpet in my bedroom. I also grew with a 1k hps behind the head of my bedframe with the 18\6 schedule running from 6 am to midnight, gave a whole new meaning to rude awakening every morning.

Mine would have to be bringing home clones from the dispensary. Bad Idea!!!!! I dealt with PM for a whole summer. Harvested early because of it!!! Beans from now on for me other than my own clones.

I am my own worst enemy for the Borg!! I always forget to shower and change before going into the room from the greenhouse. So far so good this year, but then again, we just had another frozen night so they aren't out in force yet! Hello Lady Bugs!!!!

Mistake: My biggest mistake (recently) was buying razor blades for making cuttings from Home De pot, swabbing them with ISo and thinking that they were sterile. Nope, there was still residual machine oil on it. Sadface.

Resolution: So I found a surgical online supply store (AD Surgical)and ordered a box of 20 sterile scalpels. No more problems.

^this. Damn helicopters made me so freaking paranoid. Also, I didn't feed my plants but they turned out ok. Much better then the Mexican dirt weed sold around here, lol.

(Only had one grow. I'm sure if there were others they would have been full of many mistakes, lol)

helicopters freak me out every year!!!

So I was sixteen and doing my first outdoor grow...we were aiming a for a sesimelia (little did we know that just meant the flowers were not pollinated). Well my grow buddy suggested we get cow **** and mushroom compost to grow in, so we dig a pit maybe 3x3x3 feet. Now we fill the pit, mix it in, put 200 seeds out, water in and go on our merry way. Fst forward 2 months, we now have the greenest patch of weeds you have ever seen, clearly visible from almost any angle.....I walked away, never came back and immediately began an indoor grow in the barn...been happy, safe and inside now for thirty years.

was really baked mixing nutes got distracted came back went to feeding my plants and dumped straight nutes no water on one of my plants
flushed and everything worked out in the end
:confused2: they were both one gallon jugs in my defense i was mixing in a empty nute jug

I had a a mixing solution bucket that had accidentlly gotten aloooot of bloom dumped in it on accident. I mixed up another bucket next to it that was the right ppm.

when I started watering I wasnt paying attention and hit all my moms w the hard solution.

well I fried every mom in the promix that I had watered and it took two full Months to get them back to health.

ill never do that again! Doh!!

Latest posts

Back