need an opinion please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eezee

Reaction score
high every body,
this is my first grow , and my real first plant (after some crapy seeds that got nothing from them). this is nirvana's jock horror , and imho it's going great. but..... i noticed that the tips of the big leafs look kind kind of wrinkled and appear to be a bit swollen. sounds\look familiar ?
i give only water, with extreme caution not to over water, no ferts or any thing like that since they in good soil. temps are around 85 , 60% rh .
i guess there is alot for me to learn and go through alot.... for now this is my concern. plz let me know.
thanx,
eezee.

IMG_1928.jpg

IMG_1929.jpg

IMG_1930.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg

Your seedlings look great man. What are you using for light?

whats up brother stoney....
thanx for the feedback , thats what i wanted to hear.....
i light it with 4000 lm from two cfl's (4000k+ 6500k) and because of the heat , for now , i have to put it about 4" from the top. is it o.k ?
i put the light 24\0 and the one in the pics is 9 days old.
im crafting now some light fixtures for my box , i will make a 3 small cfl's , this will give me 6000lm so i figure im gonna make few of them and give each plant this amount of light. only for veg of course , i have a bigger box with 400w hps for flowering (for the love of god, let me get to that day.....:eek: ).
i can keep talking and asking.....

After your plants are mature and showing sex, I would advise you to use the 400 for your vegging as well. The harvest will improve.

Remember, it's 5,000 lumens *per/square foot" of plant canopy.

sure thing man, i have many plans in my head.
hopefully when i get to cloning , ill send them for veg grow with my philips green power which should be good for that as well as flowering. i think ill go for some sog at first cause im realy cant wait to get some buds and i think this way ill get them sooner than any other way , right ? any ways ,
now its to hot for my hps box because of the heat. i have cool tube with a 250 cfm , lots of active in take , some fans to all directions and i cant keep it below 93. general temps are about 85. i guess ill have to wait couple more weeks for the temps to go down.
......i guess it's all an endless adventure :D

allso , about the lights i was taking about. i will give each plant ( eventually mother plant) the 6000lm , one plant should not take more then a sqf ,right ? so isnt it enough as it is with out the hid? i know they grow faster and healthier with hid but 6000lm from cfl per sqf will do the job , right ?

eezee said:
allso , about the lights i was taking about. i will give each plant ( eventually mother plant) the 6000lm , one plant should not take more then a sqf ,right ? so isnt it enough as it is with out the hid? i know they grow faster and healthier with hid but 6000lm from cfl per sqf will do the job , right ?

A square foot is 12 inches by 12 inches. You can get a plant to cover as *little* as a square foot, but not easily.

Keep in mind that MJ can get 20 feet tall and 15 feet wide.

Planning ahead is the only way to make a grow work.

Hey eezee, I'm growing at the moment some Jock Horror and White Widow seeds that I got from Nirvana like you. That's my 3rd grow (1st growing JH) and I noticed that the leaves of JH, as you said, are a bit swollen and curling down but they are already at their 60th day of veg, almost showing their sex, and their are doing fine. So don't worry about that.
I can't help you about measurements of light and space because I'm very bad at that. I just know that I have the correct amount of light for the space I have....I know that because my plants grow very nicely and big. I have 7 flos, a mix of cool and warm white in a 1.50 cm by 50 cm box.
I'm attaching 2 pictures of a baby JH and the same grown up!! :D In those maybe you can see the same swollen leaves.
Anyway, you plants look more than fine at the moment!!! Good luck with it!

7 AUG 07 010.jpg

15 AUG 07 006.jpg

Forgot to say that they grow tall...very tall!!! These pictures were taken today and as you can see, the leaves are still kind of crispy and going down. So, no worries!!

16 SEP 07 008.jpg

16 SEP 07 016.jpg

hey kitty,
thank you for the pix :) , you have beutyful plants !
now i know what should i excpect, and very happy to hear that they have this swollen thing. i thought maybe to much water , maybe not enough water .... when do you water ? do you wait that the soil is completly dry?
you give them any ferts yet ?
good luck with every thing , i'll post more pix through my grow....
peace,
eezee.

eezee said:
hey kitty,
thank you for the pix :) , you have beutyful plants !
Thank you, eezee!!
eezee said:
when do you water ? do you wait that the soil is completly dry?
you give them any ferts yet ?
I water my plants every 2 days but remember that the bigger they get, the more water you need to put and maybe more often. I don't wait until the soil is completely dry. This could cause stress to the roots and so the plant.
I don't (and never had) put ferts until they are at week 2 in flowering stage under HPS. In veg stage they can take all the nuts they need directly from the soil, which contains some.
Very good luck to you too and for how they look now, I'm sure they will be fine.

wow kitty, nice plants . i wish for same resolts.... . the pix with the bigger plants, is it still under fl's or under hps ? they look very nice.
although.... i didnt realize they get so tall.... i have a 6' hight flower box , this will let me grow max 4' per plant . is it a good idea to top them and try to bush them up ?
thanx for everything,
eezee.

Thanks again! You can have the same results!! I don't do anything else than just putting water, repot them, pruning them sometimes and putting nutes when they are in flowering stage. I don't check PH of water and soil or add any ferts or stuff like that. I keep it very simple and it works for me. I'm not saying that you shouldn't check those things, but I don't.
The bigger plants are still in veg. I'm waiting for them to show the sex (which some already have) and then I'll put them straight in flowering. You can top them or prune them on the sides to let the main branches to grow bigger. I topped one of my plants once, in advanced veg stage and it grew 4 main top buds instead of only one. Don't top them to much though. You can also do some Low Stress Training to keep them low and bushy and I'm sure that somebody else in here can give you advice on LST. Or you can do a search of all the posts about LST. I've never done it, but thought to do it. It's great if you have space problems.

take a look in my journal the one with all the tops has been topped so many times i cna't remember but all done at precise times. during veg and once in flower. as well as LST. all my plants have been topped and most LST'd also the two tall ones when they were younger to get some wicked long colas and the other tall one was topped during the second week of flowering ruffly and its forming 2 top colas on every branch closely together. the short bushy one has a bunch of tops too. but the far left one has i'd say over 30.

just keep in mind with the more tops u get the more space is needed. u can't have a bunch of tops being dwarfed by the main tops or else u pretty much wasted ur efforts.

Latest posts

Back