Need assistance mixing Flora Series nutes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
holy crap batman it would take me like forever to figure all that out - good job , very detailed ill save this and work my way up to it ........ this works for me as this IS my first hydro .

From germ is 2 weeks of ph adjusted water only .

week 1 of rooted clones or 3 leaf sets on seedlings : 2.5 mil each micro,grow,bloom per gallon of water
week 2 2.5mil micro,5mil grow,2.5mil bloom.
week 3 5mil micro, 10mil grow, 3 mil bloom.
week 4 until 12/12 light , 6mil micro, 12mil grow, 3mil bloom.
week 1 of 12/12 6mil micro,6mil grow,10mil bloom.
week 2 of 12/12 7mil micro,3mil grow,12mil bloom.
week 3 8mil micro,3mil grow,14mil bloom.
week 4 8mil micro,3mil grow,16mil bloom.
week 5 7mil micro,2.5mil grow,18mil bloom.
week 6 6mil micro,NO GROW,20mil bloom until flush!
flush 10-14 days before harvesting .

note : all measurements are per gallon of water.
completely mix one series thoroughly in water before adding the next .i had nute burn even at 1/4 strength until i dialed in this schedule . later

quote from norcalhal

First things first.. ALLWAYS mix you GH nuits in this order..Brown(micro),Green(grow) then Red (bloom). This is neded to have all the nuits "bond" correctly

Remember, Brown,Green,Red.

Also, NEVER let the nuits touch each other in an unmixed form, as it will react.
So, just rinse your measuring cup between the brown/green/red.

PH your mix after you have added ALL the nuits.

ArtVandolay said:
I saw that, pcduck. What do you make of the note that accompanies it:

"Please note: the total ppm is a numerical summation of elements in solution. This number does not correspond to the reading on ppm meters which measure the charge of the elements in solution. "

I think they are just covering themselves in being they do not know the conversion of the ppm meter's that the individual grower is using

Art - i found a couple of syringes are perfect for getting the exact measurement in ml for the nutes. Trying to pour into a tiny 1/4 teaspoon never seemed to work for me, and I would end up spilling the juice all over the place. Once I used this method, I found my ppm's were exactly what the calculator predicted. i still check every once in a while but it's more for peace of mind than any sort of adjustment. Most hydro stores sell nice big ones that are good when you start mixing larger batches. I also found that adding all the additives seemd to create issues so i just stay with the basic 3-part and everything seems to turn out fine.

scatking said:
Art - i found a couple of syringes are perfect for getting the exact measurement in ml for the nutes. Trying to pour into a tiny 1/4 teaspoon never seemed to work for me, and I would end up spilling the juice all over the place. Once I used this method, I found my ppm's were exactly what the calculator predicted. i still check every once in a while but it's more for peace of mind than any sort of adjustment. Most hydro stores sell nice big ones that are good when you start mixing larger batches. I also found that adding all the additives seemd to create issues so i just stay with the basic 3-part and everything seems to turn out fine.

I've been looking for the past week at my regular errand stops for 1/4 and 1/8 tsp measuring spoons :), with no luck. So the hydro store sells syringes in ml? Thanks!

Art ....i did DWC..use those nutes and got a suringe from the Pharfacy at store..also look in the kitchen gadgets in the store..they sell measure spoons..But i like the seringe it has the ml on them..i baught a 5 pack for 8 bux..just have to pour nutes in cup when they get low..good luck

One of these plastic measuring cyclinders will last you forever and make all your measurements accurate and easy:

www.coleparmer.com/catalog/product_view.asp?sku=0613750

One teaspoon equals 5 ml.

One tablespoon equals 15 ml.

Both are extremly easy to measure with this.

Other sizes are available from the same place.

I bought two of these, 5 years ago and still haven't ever used the second one.

i like the cylinder i think ill get me one ,

i got these spoons at the grocery store for cheap , they spill a bit when i go too fast but nothing serious .

viper said:
i like the cylinder i think ill get me one ,

i got these spoons at the grocery store for cheap , they spill a bit when i go too fast but nothing serious .

I like the cylinder, too. Thanks, Stoney! I would have bought those if I saw them, viper, thanks. But the plastic cylinder looks much better suited for NUI (nuting under the influence) :).

I'm telling ya, a turkey baster is the way to go, no pouring at all :) I can mix nutes high and drunk with no spills ;)
But I like the idea of those large plastic syringes, I will have to keep an eye out for some.

syrenges for under $1 US.
hXXp://www.imed.com/shop/sections/index.cfm/s/639264

i use 2 sizes: 30 cc for my thick nutes and 6 cc for smaller measurements.
my nutes are thick so i cut the tip off to suck up the nutes better.

I use half strength throughout and switched to like 80% recently when i switched to 12/12. I am on my second res of transition to bloom phase and my plants are monsters.

I forgot to add they have cheap syringes with ml measurments in most baby sections at any grocery store. I use a 3ml dropper and a measuring cup that goes to 250ml. Which works well for me because I mix in 24 gals of water....

Shockeclipse said:
I forgot to add they have cheap syringes with ml measurments in most baby sections at any grocery store. I use a 3ml dropper and a measuring cup that goes to 250ml. Which works well for me because I mix in 24 gals of water....

:rofl: I'm trying to picture the number of plants it would take to need 24 gallons at a time:).

ArtVandolay said:
:rofl: I'm trying to picture the number of plants it would take to need 24 gallons at a time:).

lol, I have eight going, waiting for for sure sex determination and I change my res up 3gals. I mix it all at once in a 31gal tote with a drain attached...so I just move my buckets under the drain (I put it up on a stand) and fill them to pre-marked lines. I can't wait to NOT have to wheel two shopping carts with distilled water through the checkout line :D

Shockeclipse said:
... I can't wait to NOT have to wheel two shopping carts with distilled water through the checkout line :D

Now that's funny :rofl:. Nope, nothing suspicious about these 26 gallon jugs of distilled water :). I have a pet elephant and he needs a bath!

Why not buy a water filter? Watcha growin?

ArtVandolay said:
Now that's funny :rofl:. Nope, nothing suspicious about these 26 gallon jugs of distilled water :). I have a pet elephant and he needs a bath!

Why not buy a water filter? Watcha growin?

I tell people that I have a reef tank and my RO filter is shot :hubba: Most people have no idea *** I am talking about, or they don't ask. I live with well water and I am currently in the market for a new home so I am going to def go to city water and get a nice RO setup. I had put in a new water system with a RO but it didn't work out so well. I am just growing bagseed for my first grow. And the elephant just gets the well water :D

viper said:
holy crap batman it would take me like forever to figure all that out - good job , very detailed ill save this and work my way up to it ........ this works for me as this IS my first hydro .

From germ is 2 weeks of ph adjusted water only .

week 1 of rooted clones or 3 leaf sets on seedlings : 2.5 mil each micro,grow,bloom per gallon of water
week 2 2.5mil micro,5mil grow,2.5mil bloom.
week 3 5mil micro, 10mil grow, 3 mil bloom.
week 4 until 12/12 light , 6mil micro, 12mil grow, 3mil bloom.
week 1 of 12/12 6mil micro,6mil grow,10mil bloom.
week 2 of 12/12 7mil micro,3mil grow,12mil bloom.
week 3 8mil micro,3mil grow,14mil bloom.
week 4 8mil micro,3mil grow,16mil bloom.
week 5 7mil micro,2.5mil grow,18mil bloom.
week 6 6mil micro,NO GROW,20mil bloom until flush!
flush 10-14 days before harvesting .

note : all measurements are per gallon of water.
completely mix one series thoroughly in water before adding the next .i had nute burn even at 1/4 strength until i dialed in this schedule . later

quote from norcalhal

First things first.. ALLWAYS mix you GH nuits in this order..Brown(micro),Green(grow) then Red (bloom). This is neded to have all the nuits "bond" correctly

Remember, Brown,Green,Red.

Also, NEVER let the nuits touch each other in an unmixed form, as it will react.
So, just rinse your measuring cup between the brown/green/red.

PH your mix after you have added ALL the nuits.

when your mixing these different ratios every week do u have to change the rez?or just add ?

NorCalHal said:
When they say 200 ppm, it is the ppm of the mix after all nuits have been added.
Personally, I do not check my ppm's anymore, I just go by the look of the plant and she tells me if I need more brown.

If you are going by PPM, then I would mix my nuits at half, then add brown(micro) to bump up the ppm's if needed.

Sorry Art, no easy answer for that one.

Hal, I'm currious on your method on mixing the nutes.
You say brown then green then red. any other order will mess w/ the nutes bonding, you said. Now you said if you need more then add some brown. This is contradiction in my eyes. So its cool to go brown green red then brown again? Just tring to get this clear. Won't that mess w/ the bonding of the nutes as you stated in your prior posts? If its cool to add more brown after the green then red then why is that order so important? I'm confussed

Latest posts

Back