Need fertilizer help...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

White WidowMaker

I have a flowering WW girl, but don't have the money to purchase fertilizer. What can I use to give her the nutrients she probably needs lots of now?

You can't even afford a box of Miracle Grow? You don't have to buy expensive nutes. There are many people on here who say MG is 'death'. Don't believe them. I have had really fine grows with good yields. Make sure you buy the box, check the label, it should say "General Purpose" and be 15-30-15. That's the N-P-K ratio.
If you really cannot afford a few dollars for MG, you will have to use manure, compost, wood ash, etc.

No, I don't have even money to pay rent in 2 weeks. I am having a current (hopefully temporary) cash-flow problem. I can't afford any type of fertilizer. I need to make my own, so what do you guys suggest?

Yes, I already pour my ashes of smoked marijuana into growing marijuana plants because I heard that they also need the nutrients available in ash.

Why not offer one of your buddies a few of your future buds in exchange for a few bucks to get some ferts. Either that or hit up a lirbrary and check out their vegetable gardening section, sure to have some good thoughts in there. I'm actually heading there myself. I can't think of anything free and immediate you can do off the top of my head. Compost is a great option for a free way to make a nutrient rich base for your pots, but it take a good bit of time to get that goin correctly.

I have some "compost" that I have been letting do its thing since at least September 2008. I dump my organic waste (fruit peels, egg shells, vegetable refuse, etc.) buried in a few pots of potting soil. I have been "watering" them periodically, as well as they get all the rain water.

Should I take some of this dirt and rotting stuff and add it to the WW girl's pot to give her some nutrients? Is this ok? Will I risk damaging my plant's root with root-rot or whatever? I don't want to lose her now...

Why not offer one of your buddies a few of your future buds in exchange for a few bucks to get some ferts

:eek: Seen a few PPL go to jail cause thier BUDDIES knew about thier grow.

But I have to say,,ya need some Ferts with that WW. MG makes a Fert called Bloom Booster 15-30-15. Its cheep,,and its better then nothing.

Do you know anyone with a fish tank the sediments in the bottom are suppsoed to be good for house plants dont know bout MJ. this is what my grand dad used on his tomato's
4 part soybean meal
1/2 part Ag lime
1 part bone meal
1 part kelp meal
1/2 part dolmatic lime
1/2 part manure of some sort
His tom toms were always good. Some one eles may know that this wont work, but just a suggestion

Actually, a couple of days ago I found an almost empty bag of fertilizer - only a bit of it left. So I filled the bag with water, and poured it all into my flowering girl + a bit on my new clone girl. The flowering girl still has a dish full of this water, so this 20-20-20 fertilizer water should give her a boost at least for another week. Hopefully I will have some cash by then to purchase a new bag of fertilizer.

I have a question: if WW apparently likes it easy on the nutes, how often should I be giving her fertilizer in this flowering stage?

That is too much N for flowering. I do not grow in soil and use "prepared" nutes, but I do know that you need to cut way back on your nitrogen for flowering.

On my WW grows, I would feed them every other watering, which worked great for me. I was using strictly Fox Farm nutes and just followed their feeding schedule as to how much of each bottle that was called for

the grow guide i printed out said that fish emissions are good fert. especially for folar feeding.

So if I were totally broke and needed some nutes for my plants I would.

Use Used coffee grounds for N. It sounds like you really don’t need much nitrogen. I apply used coffee grounds straight to the soil in small increments. A handful every month or so.
I make my bone meal out of chicken bones. After a chicken dinner I will boil the bones to remove any leftover fat or meat, which goes to my dog. Then I put the bones on my gas grill and basically turn them into charcoal. Once they are done I use an old coffee bean grinder and turn them into powder. The powder is of course black instead of the white stuff you buy in a bag. My tomatoes and potatoes love it and produce muchos fruitos!!! P
For potassium you should be able to achieve that with a moderate amount of organic waste. Use the stuff out of you compost pile. K

I think I would steep this concoction in cold water for 24 hours. Remember less is more, go light at first and increase the strength of your tea slowly based on results. If you have worm casting you can steep a tea from them, don’t use heat. It will kill the micro organisms.

Often the soil is rich with phosphorous, you just need a larger number of micro organisms to break it down for the plants use. Worms are great at increasing them, I know this doesn’t help with the current situation but in the future it might come in handy.

If you have worked the compost pile good and the inside temp were good (steam comes off when you trun the pile)you should have some dark brown compost, Take 2 handfuls per gal and let soak for a hr or two. if you have a airpump and stone put it in else stir as much as possable.
strain and use water on plants . put waste (strained compost) back on compost pile.

Latest posts

Back