Need help...have two dif lights 150/250=400?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyBlazeBK

Reaction score
I have a 250 watt light and a 150 watt light. If I put the two lights up on top of her..will she see it as 400 watt?? Will it make sense to put (the 150 light) it up high next to the other light?? I was using the 150 for the side top buds. I had the 150 laying on a few crates while turnig the plant every week. Should I keep using that method or put the 150 up wit the 250???I always wondered. Hopefully one of u guys can give me some advice....

Ifin its all yual gots its all yual can use then putem together and spin yur pots every couple days. Yual will grow what yual can grow and fill yur pouch with smokable product. Have fun pilgrem with yur lifes lessons and trails yual walkin.

BWD

well...I'm pretty sure 250+150 still = 400, but the big question is "what kind' of lights??

Light from above is always better than side lighting, lighting from underneath does nothing good for plants.

Hick said:
well...I'm pretty sure 250+150 still = 400, but the big question is "what kind' of lights??

Thanks for your help. They are high pressure sodium bulbs. When I did put the 150 on the side I did see some results but I rather put them where I can yeild more. If its on top then I will do that exactly. Any other advice will be greatly appreciated.

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Ifin its all yual gots its all yual can use then putem together and spin yur pots every couple days. Yual will grow what yual can grow and fill yur pouch with smokable product. Have fun pilgrem with yur lifes lessons and trails yual walkin.

BWD

Thanks cowboy...

150=16,000 L
250-=28500 L
400=50,000 L
so you 'may' actually have slightly more usable light, but still only sufficient for about 10 sq/ft. ...

I would offset them from each other by a couple feet so that the light is hitting the plants from different angles then lower them to the the plant until you can just feel the light getting warm but not hot on the back of yer hand when you hold it over the highest point of the plant. This will most likely have the 150 some closer to the plant than the 250 but with them being offset they won't block each other. :)

Hushpuppy said:
I would offset them from each other by a couple feet so that the light is hitting the plants from different angles then lower them to the the plant until you can just feel the light getting warm but not hot on the back of yer hand when you hold it over the highest point of the plant. This will most likely have the 150 some closer to the plant than the 250 but with them being offset they won't block each other. :)

Thanks for the advice....will do...had another question on my clone....I got her under 3 flouresent light (t5) they've been under that light for about 3 weeks this week. BEFORE THEY WERE IN A DOME for a few weeks to a month. My question is should I put them under the hps for another week before I put em on 12/12....or leave dem under the t5 for another week???thanks again guys...I mean whut gives the best results in gettin dem busshy before 12/12...

Depending on the space you have, and how much the plants will stretch after the flip, you can leave them in veg to whatever size suits you. And you can at this point go either way with the light type, given that the HPS probably has more lumens, it wouldn't hurt at all to veg them under that for a week or two.

To make them more bushy requires training. I involve multiple methods for bushing up my plants. I stat by letting them get about 5 nodes tall then either top them or FIM them. Topping will produce double colas on seedling plants, but on cloned plants I perfer to just FIM as that causes all of the lower branches to shoot out and up rapidly. Once the branches get 8"-10" long, I use garden ties to pull the branches down and open the plant up. This causes multiple branching to occur.

Then once the main branches get shooting up after being tied, I go to the top few inches of each top branch and gently crush the stem between the leaf nodes, just enough to be able to bend the top growth of the branch over sideways(this is Supercropping) which slows the upward growth and encourages the smaller branches to take off growing. Within 48hrs the bent branches will heal themselves and stand right back up, and the stems will be even stronger as they build around the damage in the stem.

If my plant still is not as bushy as I want, I will either Supercrop it again or FIM all of the topmost branches. This process can be done extensively to greatly enlarge a plant's girth, or it can be done just a little to make it a little more bushy. Each technique applied will add about a week to your vegging time to allow for the plant to recover before putting it in flower. :)

Hope this helps :)

Hushpuppy said:
Depending on the space you have, and how much the plants will stretch after the flip, you can leave them in veg to whatever size suits you. And you can at this point go either way with the light type, given that the HPS probably has more lumens, it wouldn't hurt at all to veg them under that for a week or two.

To make them more bushy requires training. I involve multiple methods for bushing up my plants. I stat by letting them get about 5 nodes tall then either top them or FIM them. Topping will produce double colas on seedling plants, but on cloned plants I perfer to just FIM as that causes all of the lower branches to shoot out and up rapidly. Once the branches get 8"-10" long, I use garden ties to pull the branches down and open the plant up. This causes multiple branching to occur.

Then once the main branches get shooting up after being tied, I go to the top few inches of each top branch and gently crush the stem between the leaf nodes, just enough to be able to bend the top growth of the branch over sideways(this is Supercropping) which slows the upward growth and encourages the smaller branches to take off growing. Within 48hrs the bent branches will heal themselves and stand right back up, and the stems will be even stronger as they build around the damage in the stem.

If my plant still is not as bushy as I want, I will either Supercrop it again or FIM all of the topmost branches. This process can be done extensively to greatly enlarge a plant's girth, or it can be done just a little to make it a little more bushy. Each technique applied will add about a week to your vegging time to allow for the plant to recover before putting it in flower. :)

Hope this helps :)

Thanks again for taking time to explain that. You did that perfectly. I do know and understand what you said and will put it to test. I hope I can ask u more questions in the future. Seems like you are a veteren at this. Thanks again..will put pics up soon.

Latest posts

Back