Need help with PH Tests!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it has to work ive had pH go from 6 on up to just over 7 and its read them all ive also used it in other things like for my tomatoes and different soil mixes ive even checked it aginst some of the capsule tests and where they read high it read lower by a few.00s i even use it in a bucket of recycled soil i keep for seedlings and it came back at 5.9.

Dubbaman those are reasonable PH levels for all those mediums. After all these statements it kind of makes me skeptical that a probe that does not require a bunch of maintenance can be precise. Also you are probably an experienced gardener that knows how to work out the PH without much adjustment.

nikimadritista said:
ebay man... Good deals, a lot of kits to chose from...

I had bad experiences on eBay and no longer use the format. Maybe yours was better than mine but I doubt I will go back for anything on that site.

Okay ladies and gentlemen, I have come to the conclusion that I must get a PH tester for assurance because I have veggies that are suffering and I worry about anything else I may venture to grow in the future. From all of your suggestions I will start with a simple digital meter that is within 0.02 accuracy. Do you have any companies or manufacturers that you would like to recommend before I do?

MercyEternity said:
Yes I have seen those but I had a feeling that it would not work very well. Maybe I am being biased against plastic and needle dials.

I've had mine for around three years, and it continues to give good readings in soil. I also have a digital pH/ppm meter that I use for dwc and coco solutions.

As far as soil growing is concerned, the probes work well for me. The like a moisture meter probe, the tips are made of diffrent metals that create an electrolysis effect between the two. Two wet opposing metals give off a very faint electrical charge. The mechanical measuring of this is what powers the meters/needle. That link shows some of my soil growing with a simple meter. I can provide more to anyone interested...B

http://www.greenpassion.org/f46/two-outside-harvest-year-6829/

Latest posts

Back