Need Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr4twenty

Reaction score
First time grower.
Just bought 4 teen clones from the club.
1 purple diesel and 3 platinum girl scout cookies.
I transfered them into a 6" pot last night, I added the
Miracle grow and a little bit of water. Im growing them on my
porch so any do's and dont's would help out a lot. Also,
I am wondering when to start giving nutrients? Does it matter if
I leave them outside at night or bring them inside? Im in california so
The temp. at night is around 55-70degrees

should have started nutes when you got them...MG isnt the best for use But does well to start with...No worries on bringing them inside at night...just Love on them and you will be fine

:48:

I would just leave them outside at night. No reason to cart them in and out. I'm with 4U though, you are going to want better soil. Depending on how large they are, they may or may not want food. You called them "teen" clones--how large are they? What do you plan on feeding them?

Alright should I switch the soil now or when I switch to a bigger pot?
Any ideas for better soil? What kind of nutrients should I buy for now?

if you have a Hydro grow shop near go get some Fox farm soil and they nutrients...is what I started with and know many folks that use their products..if no type store is near...get some organic soil that has no added nutrients ....the MG soil has time release nutrients and messes with ya...hope this helps

How big are they? A six inch pot will not be big enough to flower a decent sized clone outside. They'll be root bound. If it's a tiny, just rooting clone, a three gallon MIGHT do it. I would go five gallon minimum, but the bigger the better.

Guy above nailed it for the soil, mg is so so for starting, but junk for real. The fox farm line is decent, it's what I use in pots, since I've always been able to get good results. You may find a brand you like better, but home depot doesn't sell most of the good ones. A grow shop would.

As for moving them inside, I wouldn't do it unless you think it'll get eaten, or you have an issue with too many/much light(s) for the plant to get a real dark cycle.

I do get a great organic soil from Home Depot, though it is not carried everywhere. I can't get Fox Farm or Sunshine Mix where I live. I use it to start seeds and a a base for my super soil. It is called Kellogg's Patio Plus. It has done a great job for me.

You can absolutely get the stuff to make your owned amended soil at home depot, just that they sell a lot of cheap stuff.

for first time grower i what i tell ppl is to go buy rabbit **** and pro mix and sea compost or any other grade of compost mason sand which is high in lime content and Perite rinse perlite thru strainer mix 50 50 and one whole bag of pro mix all perlite and 5 cups of sand until mixture is fluffy and light feeling then purchase some vEG A and Bloom B plant food Calmag, and some supplements like super B max greens also dilute into 4 cups of water 4 - 5 Aspirin mist into soil and keep mixing it till spray can is gone

If you buy rabbit poo, make sure they have not been fed hay. A rabbit does not do a great job of digesting things and if they are fed hay, you will have hay growing everywhere in your soil. My daughter raises rabbits, but they are fed alfalfa hay and anything the poo is put in sprouts alfalfa.

no miracle grow soil..tht sht sucks 4 growing plants..get some nice dirt with no furts and go 2 the grow shop and get some good grow system nuts..ask about wht u need at the grow shop they will help most of the time..i dnt know if they have it were u live but blue moon is the name of product I use and its amazing sht...just look at my outdoor..and leave them out side..the less u mess wth them the better..dnt want 2 brake something off movin around..they will be fine like smoke said give them love bro and they will give it rght bck..mojo 4 the grow bro.

Latest posts

Back