Need some help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LowRider

Reaction score
OK i plan on starting a grow sometime this year. I'll be moving so I'm not going to do one until after i move for obvious reasons. I have fell in love with the Lowrider strain but my question pertains to the other regular or not so regular strains so to speak. the ones that can grow 3+ ft. i know the size of the pot i put them in it will only get so big right? also what about changing the light during the growing stage? the reason i want to use a regular size strian is for the fact is the flowering. more the better. i want to keep it around 2ft or so. nothing big. anytips will be a great help.

love the info from here, i have been looking around for a week and decided it was time to join.

Welcome to the forum and good luck on your grow.
For pot size, you will need to know how long the plants will be in the pots. As a general rule, a 3-gallon pot will be okay for a plant up to three months, a 5-gallon pot is okay for up to five months. If you want to raise a plant outside for 6-8 months, then a 10-gallon pot is a must to keep from getting root-bound. I've used 2-gallon pots for Sea of Green grows successfully, where the plants are in the pots for about two months.
Another option is to gradually increse the size of the pot as the plant grows. This will have the effect of causing a denser, more compact root ball.

you partially answered my question or u did, not really sure. i want to stunt the height. i don't want a tall plant. hope that helps. 2-3ft max is all i want. or should i go to a seed bank and get one that only grows that high?

Try LST (Low Stress Training)..also have learned that plants will double in size in flower..so if you want a 3 foot plant you would need to veg them until they are 1.5 feet tall. then send to flower...try Toping your plants as well..hope this helps..and Welcome to MP..

4u2smoke said:
Try LST (Low Stress Training)..also have learned that plants will double in size in flower..so if you want a 3 foot plant you would need to veg them until they are 1.5 feet tall. then send to flower...try Toping your plants as well..hope this helps..and Welcome to MP..

i was reading that earlier just didn't click. i guess that might be my only hope. but doesn't pot size have something to do with it also or am i wrong on that aspect.

Greetings, as far as lst, topping, cloning and all of the other fun stuff you can do to your plants is a pure learning expereince. Read, read, read, until you know how to do it. Here on the board they show you with pics how to LST. As far as the pot size is concerned you need one big enough for the roots to have room. I have used 3 gallon pots with good success and my plants were almost 3 feet when I flowered them. Welcome to the board.

Latest posts

Back