Need some suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WrEkkED

Reaction score
I just got a 20" x 36" x 60" tent for my bag seed babies. I just switched them to 12/12 but I think the one will be male and the other is showing signs of nitrogen deficiency due to bad soil. I've had problems with it all along and should have gotten something else.

So now I want to start again and I'm wondering what would be the most efficient way to utilize this space. I really don't want to veg too long as the 18/6 schedule makes for a noisy bedroom if possible. I have a 600w mh/hps.

I was thinking SOG but I don't know how many can fit in that space. I'm trying to get 300g+ if possible to last me the year as I don't want to run the ac like crazy in the summer.

thats going to be tough without a dialed in grow. scrog would benefit you more b/c you have 60" height. 600w is a lot of light for 20"x36". there's no such thing as too much light, but how are your temps? are you going organic soil or synthetic nutes with soil? bagseed can end up costing you a lot of time for nothing. seems you have a lot of issues that need to be adressed before talking about how much your going to yield

shortbus is right, while some bagseed can be great, for example cindy99 was found in a bagseed, its really hit or miss. Just because the weed you smoked was good that you got that seed from, doesnt mean you will grow anything like the weed you smoked. Genetics is probably the most important factor when growing mj. Lets face it this is an expensive hobby, and why waste, all that money, and 4-6 months growing something that could hermie(when the plant is stressed and grows male sex organs and pollinates itself, and generally your whole crop) out on you, or even worse turn out like crap. its important to get something some one has bred as an IBL(in-bred line) meaning they grew thousands of those plants and backcrossed it til the traits that they wanted were stabilized, for example height smell bud size trichome production and most importantly stability. by stability i mean that it wont hermie on you. the problem with hermies is all that energy that would have went to bud weight and trichome production, which is what every grower strives for, is put into producing seeds. therefore youre left with seed packed puny buds that arent that potent due to a lack of trichome production. Breeders spend years backcrossing to instill good genetics so that we dont have these kind of issues! So my question is why not spend a little($50-$100) more on some good genetics from a reputable seedbank, or go to a dispensary and get some clones if thats available to you, and ensure you will at least be working with some gear that will be reliable? then you can always experiment with your bagseed down the road when you get things dialed in and get some experience under your belt(assuming you are a newbie grower). trust me youll be happier in the long run. also as far as vegging under 18/6, most growers here veg under 24/7. as 18/6 induces stretching in your plants. If you wanted to go with SOG go for it I say, if its how you wanna grow you might as well learn it from the start. i do SOG and I use 1 gal pots.I grow clones from a mother donor plant, and i give a week or two veg to ensure healthy roots and then right into 12/12 til done. now, I do run short plants with a very short flowering time 7 weeks.(seedsmans top skunk 44 from attitude seedbank) any longer flowering time and id switch to 2 gal pots. i like smart pots for various reasons, read up on em and youll see why. I can fit 36 in my 3'x3' flood table, I also do organic soil growing, which it seems you wanna do soil also,but you can do organic or chem ferts whichever you preffer. If you choose to go organic there are some great threads under the organic part of this site. Its all really personal prefference, you should also read jmansweeds nute study thread on here to understand the difference in nutes and how they differ. this is a great place to leaarn to grow from full of great people with a lot of growing experience, we wanna see you succeed, but just take our advice and do some reading of thr various threads here before starting your grow. then youll truly have a great chance at a successful first grow that will "fill your pouch" (BackWoodsDrifter) like you are wanting. I hope this helps and green mojo to you!:D

Maybe think about hydro, no more bad soil, nice fast vegg times.

Pictures say thousand words pilgrem to those of us be simple folk ;)

BWD

They were started in a seedling tri mix then moved to half tri mix half blacktop. No nutes but the ph has been almost impossible to control. I'm feeding 20-20-20 for nutes. Bag seed was just because I found it and figured I would see what happened and they grew so well that I got all the stuff for indoor. I have done a few outdoor grows with starting inside.

I did run them 24/7 under 4 T5's for 3 weeks then slowly lowered it to 18/6 under MH with temps around 80-82 degrees, with 82 being when the ac kicks in. Now under HPS I'm at 75-78 degrees.

I was thinking of going and getting some real seeds but I gave my fluros away and the fan has to be running full speed to keep it cool in there and its just way too noisy for my wife to put up with. I was going to get a 400w but I plan to expand in a few years and i figured the more light the better.

Will get pics in a few min, they are sleeping right now.

Why would you have given your fluoros away? Most of us here find that vegging with T5s works better than vegging with MH. There are ways to make the fan quieter.

I'm with Highbrix on good genetics. There is a lot to be said for knowing what you are growing. Also, you can pick a strain that has the kind of high that you want and you will know what to expect yield wise and how long flowering will take.

THG be spot on pilgrem same with everyone else pullin to yur fireside. Ifin I may though ifin it be bag seed and it be all ya got then its all ya got, ifin yual quite new to growin then stick with bagseed til yual hown yur skills then yual aint out money or gets frustrated to lossin from time to time. Bagseed be mighty good way to develope exsperience and to perfect yur skills needed to walk trails happy. I wish ya luck yur new journy walkin pilgrem here ifin ya need me ;)

BWD

View attachment 201831

View attachment 201832
I Beleive this is a nitrogen deficiency.
View attachment 201833
The little Kush
View attachment 201834
The tall one

I was looking at the soil and it's shultz soiless seedling mix. It worked great but when I went to 12" pots and used black earth top soil the ph became very hard to control although it seems to be fixed now as my zinc deficiency signs have vanished.

I gave the fluros away because I got them from free from work and was done with them since my grow is only 3' long and the lights were 4'. I think you guys are right though and I might just go to the seedbank and pick up some feminized seeds and get a 2' T8 and add a few cfls to the mix. Would a 200w cfl (850w equivalent 12000 lumens 5000k ) be enough for this space for veg?

I have a lot of options for seeds at my local seed bank but I'm thinking Jack Herrer, skunk or AK 47 unless you guys have some other options.

How many could I do in the space I have and what size pots would you suggest?

Also, could I run them for 12 hours under hps and 12 hours fluros so I can still flower my little kush or should I really just toss it.

ak 47 is a good strain for beginners, but im confused when you say 12 hours in hps and twelve hour in flouros so you can still flowe the little kush? if you wanna flower you should use hps and it needs to be twelve hours on and twelve hours off, I wouldnt use flouros for flowering at all, just vegging and id stick with 24/7. Look at the thread on how to quiet your fans to calm down the little lady! and as for you lighting needs, in order to adquately frow mj you need 5000 lumens per square feet. that puts you at 22,500 lumens. so youll need at least a 250 watt hps as it put out approx 29,000 lumens, but you can go higher with no problems except heat, in which youll need an air cooled hood with a good centriguge fan to pull heat out of the tent.

I have a 600w hps that I'm flowering under right now. I was asking if I could have my flowering kush and my vegging babies under the same hps for 12 hours then remove them and put them under fluros.

I've decided to just toss it so it doesn't matter. I picked up 5 feminized bubblegum seeds.

Into water they go!

Latest posts

Back