new grower seeking guidance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hemp Goddess, I found another 400w HPS and added that to my room. I can still construct a mylar wall between the two lights but is that still important?

Pcduck, thanks!

these are your minimums:

3000 lumens per sq ft in veg
5000 lumens per sq ft in flower

if you have 24 sq ft then you need 72,000 lumens minimum for veg, and 120,000 lumens for flowering

so 2 400 watt mh bulbs will net you around 70k total lumens
and 2 400 watt hps bulbs will get you around 100k total lumens

you seem to be just below your threshold. what i'd suggest is section off the space to 4X4 or 4X5 at the most.

as for your grow itself. at 4 weeks your plants should be larger then they are. the fact that you have been under feeding them is probably the biggest reason they are as small as they are at the moment. also you need to find a larger medium to plant them in immediately. you can put the rockwool in a large tote full of soil. or place them in a net pot and do a dwc hydro setup. when properly fed for a few weeks those roots will be bursting out of those blocks.

if you plan on using rockwool in the future make sure you soak the rockwool in properly ph'd water before putting them to use.

and get a ph pen & ppm meter asap

I have read and understand what you are all saying which is why I am biting the bullet and getting a 1000 watt hps. I am also getting an air cooled hood and I am purchasing another inline fine to cool my hood. And remove air from room. Plants have really turned around... here is a little peek at what's coming up!

IMG_20121228_193058_060-1.jpg

And I thank you all for sharing this information with me. I really look forward to seeing the final result!

Somebody is a proud pappa to a girl.....congrats. Just be warned...this get's addicting as hell. :D

:) I'm a proud papa of 10!!! :D my first ever! This is addicting! A great hobby as well! My little jack herer and blackjacks will be done in 2 months! With all the help I have received I am definitely on my way to growing a nice 1st crop and will make improvement after improvement to treat them the best I can :)

i use the blu lab ph meter works great and its water proof @ moster gardens online site .

Latest posts

Back