New LED's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
whiterussian said:
as i said before go make your own marijuana forum, no one needs your attitude, your like a little girl, were all here to help eachother grow, not you telling people whats wrong and whats right, you obviously havnt done research and instead of prooving us all wrong, and showing us some pics of your UFO grows, you sit here and complaign, and talk crap, GTFO :)

I will GLADLY share pics and notes of grows.

4 to 6 plants flowered in 3 1/2gal. buckets
Strawberry Cough from clone

2007 3 grows w/ 400w mh
2008 1 grows w/ 600w hps
1 grow w/ 600w shps and One UFO
1 grow 50/50 HID-LED w/ 600w shps and 3 ufos

Current: 1 grow 100% LED w/ 3 ufo's (2nd gen) and 4 mini ufo's (15w) that are not yet available for the public in the US (only China)

Other:
1 grow Greenpine's "tomater" Journal compairing a 600w mh to a UFO (1st Gen)

2 grows comparing a 600w hps to 2 Ufo's (1st gen)

3 different grows posted by Jorge Cervantes Him Self....

I keep good notes and experiment with the same breed, same medium and same number of plants...

Ok...so lets get to comparing notes....

You first my secondhand information gathering friend....

It gets me when people post hearsay and than stand behind it like they were the ones who concluded the results themselves....

Also, only an uneducated person would find the word ignorant offensive as that is the words true meaning. If you are offended than I appologize. For instance, my spelling is ignorant. I could use spell check but we are all stoners, so who cares if I cant spell. Thats ignorant, considering I will some day be writing a book on them, referencing this information. As well as importing them and building my own LED boards for market when I find myself satisfied with a good LED grow.

I attempted to attach some pictures but the site recognized them as already published in my grow journal.

northernlightssmokn said:
I attempted to attach some pictures but the site recognized them as already published in my grow journal.

I looked at your journal but no buds, I want to see some finished product.

If LED;s cant grow comparable buds then what the point of them?

I will GLADLY share pics and notes of grows.

4 to 6 plants flowered in 3 1/2gal. buckets
Strawberry Cough from clone

2007 3 grows w/ 400w mh
2008 1 grows w/ 600w hps
1 grow w/ 600w shps and One UFO
1 grow 50/50 HID-LED w/ 600w shps and 3 ufos

Current: 1 grow 100% LED w/ 3 ufo's (2nd gen) and 4 mini ufo's (15w) that are not yet available for the public in the US (only China)

Other:
1 grow Greenpine's "tomater" Journal compairing a 600w mh to a UFO (1st Gen)

2 grows comparing a 600w hps to 2 Ufo's (1st gen)

3 different grows posted by Jorge Cervantes Him Self....

I keep good notes and experiment with the same breed, same medium and same number of plants...

Ok...so lets get to comparing notes....

You first my secondhand information gathering friend....

It gets me when people post hearsay and than stand behind it like they were the ones who concluded the results themselves....

Also, only an uneducated person would find the word ignorant offensive as that is the words true meaning. If you are offended than I appologize. For instance, my spelling is ignorant. I could use spell check but we are all stoners, so who cares if I cant spell. Thats ignorant, considering I will some day be writing a book on them, referencing this information. As well as importing them and building my own LED boards for market when I find myself satisfied with a good LED grow.

yeah show some finished product you've been talking about your notes and information. ON WITH THE PICS

LOL....There are cures hanging in several pics...

Sounds like your caught with your pants down...no pics or notes..or grow journals...or links...but you have all the information....

If I'm too baked to argue right now than I guess LED's grow some pretty damnd good pot.

Growdude said:
I looked at your journal but no buds, I want to see some finished product.</p>

If LED;s cant grow comparable buds then what the point of them?
This thread reminds me of that commercial for the Toyota Tundra truck. Basically the guy is saying that they made the F150 have the same horsepower as the Tundra, and like the Chevy truck they made have the same towing capacity. Anyway, they list all these trucks that have been made to match the Tundra, and eventually he says "I just bought a Tundra."What I'm getting as is, it's highly debatable that the LEDs even match HIDs, so why not just buy HIDs?

TheEnhancementSmoker said:
This thread reminds me of that commercial for the Toyota Tundra truck. Basically the guy is saying that they made the F150 have the same horsepower as the Tundra, and like the Chevy truck they made have the same towing capacity. Anyway, they list all these trucks that have been made to match the Tundra, and eventually he says "I just bought a Tundra."What I'm getting as is, it's highly debatable that the LEDs even match HIDs, so why not just buy HIDs?

I want to compare, but so far have seen nothing to compare them too.

I have HPS but am interested in seeing what they can do, perhaps for a small scale grow.

LOL....There are cures hanging in several pics...

Sounds like your caught with your pants down...no pics or notes..or grow journals...or links...but you have all the information....

If I'm too baked to argue right now than I guess LED's grow some pretty damnd good pot.

well i got 7 females growing under a 1000 watt HPS i will have bud shots in 3 weeks or so, we will compare the pics of the buds once mine is harvested,dryed, and cured :)

Since i have a few extra posts compared to some others i'll post my opinion.
Until LEDs put out MORE light... so I dont have to put the damned things 2" from my plants all the time. I'm not touching them. Too much maintenence.
I've seen (with my own eyes) first hand some good vegging come from LEDs. But the buds were quite frankly not even close to par. Give me as many HPSs as I can fit into a room without burning the house down anyday!

I think LEDs might be suited for a scrog type grow... so u can keep em nice and close.

Growdude said:
I want to compare, but so far have seen nothing to compare them too.

I have HPS but am interested in seeing what they can do, perhaps for a small scale grow.

growdude, if your interested i did post a link a page or two back with a comparison between hps and leds but it got buried by yelling

*here, i found it

"i was browsing some more led stuff and came up with an interesting grow that actually compares his led grow to his hps grow"

hxxp://www.breedbay.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=201338902&highlight=leds

OK it has got to be said...

You are so ignorant and you waste so much space here you cloud forums with wastefull posts like this. You totaly miss the point. We are NOT comparing the HID's ability to grow big buds to the LED. WE are comparing its stealth and energy consumption. Than looking ahead to tweeking its flaws!!

Please go away.
Thats what people have been asking you about we want pics but you fail to post any, no one cares if it has stealth and low energy use, what everyone cares about and why we are all here IS FOR THE BUD, not your stupid comments, you have sounded like an idiot since you started talking, listen to you, pull up your skirt, your snatch is showing. ;)

84VW said:
growdude, if your interested i did post a link a page or two back with a comparison between hps and leds but it got buried by yelling

*here, i found it

"i was browsing some more led stuff and came up with an interesting grow that actually compares his led grow to his hps grow"

hxxp://www.breedbay.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=201338902&highlight=leds
i don't see anything comparing the two, just him saying he grew plants under LEDS all the pics are X's and nothing regarding HPS

whiterussian said:
i don't see anything comparing the two, just him saying he grew plants under LEDS all the pics are X's and nothing regarding HPS

Yea no pics at all :( but thxs anyway

LED vs HID
Watch the LED stretch in flower.
Same time vegging and they even let the LED flower longer to catch up.
I'm not saying this is definitive proof, but all the experiments i've seen side by side have ended the same way, and yes I do know people who use LED's. I believe that when LED's are readily available for a reasonable amount of money they will have a strong future in growing, but as it stands now with the technology in it's infancy it's just not a realistic alternative to HID. Can plants be grown with LED's, of course they can, but will a comparable setup of led's outperform HID, no they will not. That's my .02.

Check out the link!

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CtROw3uiVg

(change xx to tt)

You may have to create a quick account to prove you are over 18, it's fast and easy.

the pics must've got taken down....a few pages into that he compares his hps grow to his led grow with the same exact strain....

i just checked page one and every picture works and half way down the page he has pictures comparing his hps buds to his led buds....maybe im some sort of god that can make pictures appear??

or you might have to be a registered user on the forum to see them? i dont know

either way, its all here :)

84VW said:
i just checked page one and every picture works and half way down the page he has pictures comparing his hps buds to his led buds....maybe im some sort of god that can make pictures appear??

or you might have to be a registered user on the forum to see them? i dont know

either way, its all here :)
Well what did he say?? HPS or LED, and even if he said HPS or LED thats only 1 person so its really not as relyable as MP

honestly if anyone is interested in getting real info with no bickering just straight info check out breedbay, there is a specific led lighting section

what did he say? read it, dont read it...it doesnt matter, im not participating in anything led related on here anymore

Have a great day :)

If i was a mod i woulda deleted this thread ages ago... or delete a user. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back