New SF1000 dimmer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FutbolGuy024

Reaction score
Just got in my new sf1000 and it has a dimmer switch. Is there any scenario I would NOT want to run at 100%? My kiddos are about 1 month currently under a 138w ufo and 150w hps so I’m hoping this is huge upgrade! 🤞🏻

You'd probably be fine at 100%. I‘d start the light at 24” and see how the plants do. If they get droopy and look unhappy, you can raise the light or dim it down.

Unless they have updated their line with actual dimmer knobs you can turn with your fingers, I wouldn’t worry about dimming the light. It’s a pain in the ass to take the driver off and dim the light from there so I’d raise it up if you have the room. When you dim it you gotta hook up a Kill-A-Watt to see what your adjusting to cause it doesn’t take much of a turn with the screwdriver to over or under power it.

For a 1000 what equivalent light I wouldn’t worry about dimming...I have the same light and Used it in a 2x2 space...

Thank you for replies. They have updated w/a knob which makes it very easy. I’m in a 24x48x60 space so from what I’ve read should be just right with a little supplement during flower. I can’t wait to see what a difference it makes!

Thank you for replies. They have updated w/a knob which makes it very easy. I’m in a 24x48x60 space so from what I’ve read should be just right with a little supplement during flower. I can’t wait to see what a difference it makes!
Nice, that’s good to know. Wish mine had one 😭

Latest posts

Back