New To Growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found a 150 watt hps with an attatched ballast for 129.95!!! bghydro.com. That was the first site I looked At but thats a damn good price and your plants would blow up for sure. keep me posted

I would reccomend using the compact Flourescents that you can buy at wal-mart. 3 bulbs, 26 watts each = 100 incandescent (what you are currently using) $6.97 before tax. You can also buy this attachment for like 70 cents that allows you to screw two bulbs into one socket. For more lighting suggestions do a search for "flouros" or "CFL" in the Lighting Forum. As for tying.... I would say no because you're a first time grower, probably best to keep it simple. But yes, you do need to get some better lights and get them closer to prevent further strecthing, thats why they're all stemy. Also, if you do not already have a fan on them, I highly reccomend that, start out on low, work your way up to medium. This will make your plant stronger and sturdier. But yeah looks like they are given attention but that light has got to go, it just wont work, plain and simple if you want to have a successful grow get some of those inexpensive cfls at your local wally world, They are in the lighting aisle over by paint and hardware and all that jazz.

Well I wish you the best of luck, grow on brother.

ok imma go to walmart and check that out, will i be able to use tha cfls for the flowering stage...

you can use cfls for the whole grow if you wish to so long as you follow the lumen rule youll be fine other than that its almost all in how long you light for nutes and watering

ok so i was at work and i stumble across florescents so check them out im not to sure if there tha right lights needed

DSCI0087.JPG

DSCI0088.JPG

DSCI0080.JPG

Those flourescents should work much better. But, you should put them down to about 2 in. away from the tops of your plants. You should still see about investing in some of those CFLs, the more light the better, what you have now will work for a little while... those babies will need more light in the near future.

sweetnug said:
The Cfls are probably 120$ cause you need a certain socket, the T5 was a 2ft. 4 light (2 blue, 2 red). They are about 150$ and a much better light for the loot! But a 150 watt hps or halide is probably 200 tops and thats so many more lumens. Yeah you can tie em down and put the light VERY close they wont burn ever on that wattage

CFL's at Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes..are less than $10 per bulb and "do NOT" require a special socket.
An entire system, NIB, 400 watt hps can be found for around $100. "That's" many more useable lumens than either cfls or t5's.

Hick said:
CFL's at Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes..are less than $10 per bulb and "do NOT" require a special socket.
An entire system, NIB, 400 watt hps can be found for around $100. "That's" many more useable lumens than either cfls or t5's.

An entire system, 400 watts, $100 where can I get one so cheap at Home Depot, 'cause I doubt they even sell them at walmart, Please get back to me on this....:)

gabm-019.gif

i know you can get them for around on 100 dollars on ebay and its being sold by htgsupply.com ebay or thier site are both very reliable

Latest posts

Back