New Year New season New greenhouse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the original thread, and if I could figure out how to add it to the next thread..Welcome to my Jungle, you could of just clicked on the link. BUT.. sucks getting old and feeble minded to figure this stuff out.
The green house will be BIGGER next year.

IMG_0979.jpgIMG_0980.jpgIMG_0981.jpgIMG_0982.jpg
IMG_0983.jpgIMG_0944.jpgIMG_0946.jpg

Ok here we are in the middle of August, and we have a jungle in the making. The tomatoe plants are towering at over 10 feet and the girls are right up there with them. The light you see in the pic is set at 5 feet high, we no longer can use it.. not high enough. We have residents in the green house as well.. 2 little tree frogs.. The final pic is a night mode taken 2 weeks ago.
All in all, 5 males, which the son in law have dried and is tasteing, are potent enough to get a good buzz, so my thinking, the female all 27 of them are gonna be the BOMB!!! WOOHOO!!! :hubba:
We still have about 2 months to go, and the only problem I can see that we will have is moisture in the green house and mildew. SUCKS!
Hope you enjoy the pics of our jungle.....
Have an awesome day!

Very nice Ollie. I love that growth, looks healthy. Your neighbors dont have a problem with you having a big white tent in your backyard? And you dont have any problems with planting a bunch of seeds in one big pit? Ive heard that roots can have problems fighting over space and nutes... I dont know. That look nice though. Keep growing!

Thanks for the looks good..means a bunch to me comin from you guys.
As for the neighbors, well I let em know Im growin tomatoes and veges.. feeding 8 people cost a lot! Smokin 4 cost alot more!!! Don't ask and I won't have to lie!
They say as long as its not visable from the street, Im good to grow.
I was out there this evening doing some pruning and discovered both plants in the back corners of my green house have decided to grow between the plastic and the framing. So got me some chicken wire and started one side this evening. OMG the amount of colas .. I am in just plain awe.
I will be getting more pics here in a day or so. I need to do some more tie downs and pull aways from the sides.
Anyway, we all know what we write in these pages is pure fiction and wishes of what we could do... right.... :hubba:
Thanks again..

ha, ya of course this is pure fiction. lol. So Ollie you didnt say... you never have any problems with multiple plants growing in one shared pit? That would nice for my setup. Cant wait to see your new pics. Looking good!

Ok More fiction.. um no we did 6/7 plants in each bed and have 4 beds, plus strawberries, cucumbers, tomatoes and spearmint. The only issue was with the tomatoes and sunlight. The tomatoes towered over the other plants so badly we had to cut 2 of the plants down and one fell on its own... this one will be removed probably in the next day or so, so I can get to the back plants.

IMG_1077.jpgIMG_1080.jpgIMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1082.jpgIMG_1083.jpgIMG_1084.jpg

We have removed all the tomatoe plants now, and did some major readjustment and clean up of the back girls.. we added some more chicken type wire to between the plastic and plants to avoid mildew from moisture. Rainy season is approaching so I'm keeping my fingers crossed we can stay dry enough until harvest. I'm thinking 6 more weeks.
The very last picture shows the height of the green house (10 ft.) in relation to the tallest of the girls. She is tied down here.
So far... slugs, moisture build up and lack of a good summer.. I really can not complain.
:yay:

The ladies are looking great OT. :aok: Nice and green and filling up with buds. :hubba:

Hey man plants are looking greeeeat... keep up the good work :clap:

IMG_1086.jpgIMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1098.jpgIMG_1102.jpg

this is one of the top colas and we are having to clip almost all the tops off to stop mildew.

IMG_1101.jpgIMG_1096.jpg

Does any one have any cure for mildewing bud? Its not on all the buds, but alot of them.:confused:

Hey Oliie, Ive been havin he same problem, been cliping since the first of the month (sept). im not waiting, Ive chop down a couple plants that had a lot of the same in them. ????
Ill have new pics on my thread later this week

Pics of the Damage,

9-23-08 close ups 027 (Large).jpg

9-23-08 close ups 025 (Large).jpg

Thanks for the pics Old Hippie.. were you able to use any of the damaged parts or are we best to just destroy and dispose of it?

Hey OT sorry about the bud rot and mildew. You can make ISO Hash Oil from the damaged bud. ;)

IMG_1109.jpgIMG_1113.jpgIMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1120.jpgIMG_1112.jpgIMG_1108.jpg

Well folks that have been following our grow for 08' it had to come to an end. The mildew we trimmed off yesterday was quickly replaced with more colas with the same, so we decided to salvage what we have, which you can see is quite a bit. Upper left pics show the pile we cut out... and the bottom right shows some of what is left still growing..we hope.
:hubba: proud supporter of "The Addams Family" and "Weeds".
As we prune and do the clean up, more pics will be posted and once we get finals on everything, I will let you know with a smoke report.
Have a great day... Happy Harvest.

Latest posts

Back