NEWB indoor nighttime lighting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

potplusguitar

Reaction score
hey guys. so heres my situation. Buddy just gave me a clone and ive got it in my closet where ive set up a decent grow spot. i lvie with my parents (im 18) and would rather they not find out about my little hobby, so im planning on growing the little guy in my closet for a few weeks+ and eventually taking her somewhere outside, my plan was to ahve my timers set so the lights come on at 9pm, the leats likely time for the parents to come check up on me.. and leave the light on for the usual... 14(?) hour cycle and have them go off in the morning.. is this ok? considering i want to take them outside,, would having the indoor lights on at night and then ventually take it outside to normal light times mess up the plant? yeah, i think thats it. any and all welcome. thanks :)

I dont think growing in your parents house without them knowing is a good idea. Because if your haveing to hide it you not growing legally. which means your parents go to jail if you get caught, lose there jobs, or could even lose your house. I understand that your 18 and want to smoke......cool we all did it. But I think you should just buy for now unitl you get your own crib.

This will also give you time to save some money up. for a proper setup so you will actualy grow some dank bud.

hello pot:
im also a newb. i would have to say the "normal" lighting for veg would be 24hrs, for most peeps. longer light times more growth but in your case you have some restrictions where do you have the lil tramp??
IMO i would have the lights off at night coming on around the time your rents might or may enter your room. ive read other then smell and sound light leaks are one reason for getting busted. so a guy could have the light go out at 10pm and turn on at 6am.. veg hrs indoors are usually 16/8 - 18/6 or the well known 24. i hope in one which way or another i have helped

i would have to agree with exarmy.... but we all have done it. and if ur plans are to put it outside then get it out ASAP....

Try and show some respect for your parents. This might be an opportunity to have a serious adult conversation about marijuana with them which they may or may not appreciate. My kids are older than you and I had to have 'the talk' with my son when my wife found his pipe in his drawer.

Some advice from a self-proclaimed hypocrite: Don't do something stupid that you will regret. At 18, where does pot belong in your life? Are you a student with big plans for a future career in business?...getting busted growing pot could get you in big trouble that will follow you for a long, long time. On the other hand, maybe you want to get into the medical marijuana field (pun intended). Then check out Oaksterdam University. That institution will provide you with a solid foundation and education that will serve you well and probably hook you up with solid connections in the business, not to mention provide you with very good legal advice.

Hope I didn't sound like the typical Dad that I am. My kids live in my house with rules. And yes, they know that Mom and Dad are growing a plant in their closet for personal use.

Mr.Greengenes

Latest posts

Back