Newbe needs help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyon420

Reaction score
Hi every1 i am new 2 growin i am 3 weeks into flowering and my hairs on my buds are already starting to turn red/brown and they r uery small not big enuff to ripen whats goin on?

Have you sprayed them recently?

Some pics maybe?

I havent sprayed it @ all ever i cant send pics but let me give a little more info i am useing cheap lights from walmart its the only thing available where i live i got 2 65 watt and one 120 watt useing mg soil and mg bloom booster nuts I KNOW big no no but theres really not ne thang elese available nless i order online im n a very small town

The pro's here are going to need more info about your grow, to give you any help.

Strain, lights, ventilation, temps, hymidity, medium, pH, ect.

Pictures if you can get them.

How long did you veg for?

I hauent spray it @ all and i cant really get a good pic they r to small

I am usein cheap lights from walmart two 65 watt and one 120 watt mg soil and mg bloom booster nutes I KNOW big no no but itr the only thing available where i live got a 6in fan blowin around it

Dyon,

I think in a sense, you explained the issue above. Poor light, sub par soil w. time released nutrients and chemical nutrient applications.

Organics is cheap. You can make soil extremely proficient at growing Marijuana with very little resources and a little research. This site alone has numerous methods. Feel free to Pm me for more information also - other wise imo I would make the drive from my small town for the proper ingredients. I lived over 3 hours from my old Hydro store - but made the trip once a month.

...........Peace

oh i veged 4 bout a month it was 20in tall when i started 12/12

i would have to drive way out of state to the nearest hydro store and im not even sure where one is but thank ne wayz

What is the strain? With only 185 watts of fluorescent lighting you're probably not getting enough light for good flowering. However, why the pistils are already turning color, the only thing I can think of is the possibility of an interruption some where along the line that might have caused the plants to finish up early, but that is only a guess.

Also, what kind of fluorescent lights do you have? 6500 K or warm white are best for flowering.

Give people time to respond. You just posted this thread a little over an hour ago.

Its bagseed and im not useing floros it what they call plant lights kinda looks like a flood light just fits n a regular clamp light fixture

Oh im new to the site didnt know it took that long 4 a respone sorry

dyon... go to the "lighting" section and read up on lights. I'm thinking your light is probably far from sufficient/optimal for what you're doing. Those "plant" lights are more for displaying plants than for 'growing' them, IMO.
Pistils will die and turn colors for many reasons, only "one' being maturity. Pollination, heat, drought, nutrients, handling/touching them, ect. all can kill them.
You should also present more information. When, what, and how much you have fed. plant size, pot size, ect.
theres a pretty good sticky on "asking for help" at the top of the forum..

Ok thankx i guess i should invest in sum cool whites and try 2 find a hydro store on my next grow do yall think it will finish with sum good floro or has all my time gone to waste? Again thanks

dyon420 said:
i would have to drive way out of state to the nearest hydro store and im not even sure where one is but thank ne wayz
im not sure what your doing as a setup but you prolly can go to a nursury or garden shop for 95 percent of the STUFF you need and home depot for the rest.

dyon420 said:

Have yea done a search on hydro in your state. I believe all state have a hydro store some where.!

Do some research on here. Put a order together online and rock it. You got a mailing address, no? Its safe, dont worry. Come back with questions. GL

Unless you get more/better light, nothing else is going to matter. I also livbe in a very very small town. I order virtually everything online. You could too.

Latest posts

Back