newbie set up, need advice for my light.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that is the one that really needs the ventilation system. Is your HPS reflector an open bulb reflector or is it enclosed?

I found the powermeter and connected it. The so called 250W cfl I have pulled 134-138 watt while I messured.
15.000 lumen out of about 135w isn't that bad for CFL is it?
thats 111 per watt

I didn't test the 125W but I would guess it then pulls about 70W and give 8.000 lumen

I would expect that the lumens count would go down proportionally to what the wattage has decreased. I doubt that that bulb is actually putting out 15000 lumens if it is pulling 135W.

I would expect that the lumens count would go down proportionally to what the wattage has decreased. I doubt that that bulb is actually putting out 15000 lumens if it is pulling 135W.

They are rated 15.000 lumen and I messured them with the powermeter to 134-138W, But they are called 250W high power CFL. They are expensive for CFL and the webshop I use has a reputation in Norway of only selling the best stuff on the market.
I dunno.

Do CFL's get weaker and weaker, could they have pulled 250W when they were brand new and now due to wear & tear only pull 134-138?

Or should they pull the same amount of power no matter how old they are?

Latest posts

Back