Newly planted clones look like their budding?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malevolence

Reaction score
Hey,
Got my first growing happening, and a couple weeks after planting the 6 clones outside, it looks like they all might be budding? They are only about 4 weeks old, all ~ 20cm high.
The deffiniatly have a few hairs, whether this is normal in veg stage I have no idea.

I only have a camera phone so pics aren't great but hopefully it's enough to tell.

Any advice as to what I can do if anything would be great.

NB == I live in New Zealand, so summer's just starting.

08-11-07_1323.jpg

hairs on plant.jpg

Those pics are a little blurry to be sure.. but if there're hairs, they're flowering (congrats on females!).

Did you start the clones inside?

If so, the light schedule outside is probably shorter than what they had on the inside, thus inducing flowering.

I would just keep doing whatever you're doing, they're looking good. :)
Well.. except for that one leaf. Maybe capture whatever critter is chewing up your girls. ;)

I bought the clones through a guy I don't know ( friend of a friend) so it may be the light cycle they were on was different.

Since it's only the start of summer, will my girls continue to grow throughout the next few months or am I better off starting with new ones so they can veg all summer before starting flowering?

I've read that this technique (of starting clones indoors, planting outdoors) is favorable for those who want an earlier harvest. You can expect a smaller plant, but it certainly won't be a waste of your effort.

Flowering takes a minimum of about two months, so there's a lot of growing that will still happen.

Keep em going! :D

I wouldn't take a chance and get some more clones... the trick is to find out what kind of a lighting schedule they were on. you could only put them outdoors and be sure they would continue in the veg state if daylight hours are the same or greater than the light schedule they were on. the only thing I would suggest with your current clones is to uproot them and bring them indoors and put them on a vegging light schedule to hopefully shock them back into veg.... in which case, you wouldn't be able to put them back outside until daylight hours are at the same interval that your indoor light schedule is at, if not longer.

k... others can comment on what kind of an idiot I am now.... :p

Putting plants that have been reared on 24/0 lighting, out into "early" summers short light hours will certainly induce flowering.
There's not a lot you can do about it at this point. They will most likely revert to veg for a few weeks, and then back to flowering. Probably efecting/reducing both yeild and potency to some point.
I've found that by waiting until 2-3 weeks prior to the summer solstice (Dec 22 in the SH) you CAN put cuttings out from under 24/0 without the revegging issues.

Latest posts

Back