Nice and simple grow box help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sampson

Reaction score
So I'm wanting to get back into growing again. I haven't grow for the longest period of time and the last time I grew I just had several lights in my closet with the plants in there containers on the floor. I got caught from my mom due to the fact my closet door was broken and she noticed all the light lol. Well I still live with my mom buy switch rooms and the closet doors work now. So I am basically looking at building a grow box that isn't really big and noticeable. I'm really looking at being able to grow 3 plants max at a time. I didn't buy anything yet so I need some advise. Also would this smell with 3 plants? Reason I ask I got a K9 that lives next door and wondering if it be a problem.

I bet alot of you are thinking wow he really wants to grow when he has a K9 next door lol.

I own my home and my philosophy is that only I can endanger my home, and with a K9 next door my advise is wait until you get your own place.

Smell:
You are going to need a nice carbon filter, ozone sprayer, or about 20 glade plugins wen it starts to bud.

tip:
Build a box that you could stick an incense (etc..) in and not smell much when its all closed up.

Heat:

You are going to need an output for your heat source and some kind of vortex fan to push the air out.

Cost:
You need to determine dimensions
Buy material: wood, pvc&plastic...etc
Hang light setup
Determine medium (soil, rockwool etc..)
buy lights, medium, fans, filter, nutrients

You may get some bad mojo for this on here but I say GOOD LUCK!!!!

Sampson said:
So I'm wanting to get back into growing again. I haven't grow for the longest period of time and the last time I grew I just had several lights in my closet with the plants in there containers on the floor. I got caught from my mom due to the fact my closet door was broken and she noticed all the light lol. Well I still live with my mom buy switch rooms and the closet doors work now. So I am basically looking at building a grow box that isn't really big and noticeable. I'm really looking at being able to grow 3 plants max at a time. I didn't buy anything yet so I need some advise. Also would this smell with 3 plants? Reason I ask I got a K9 that lives next door and wondering if it be a problem.

I bet alot of you are thinking wow he really wants to grow when he has a K9 next door lol.

I really feel for ya here, but you WILL geet popped by the k-9's master. That dog smells his FAVORITE SMELL, which btw is the way they train them; they let the dog play with his favorite toy and it's saturated with the scent that they want to train him to recognise, and the dog gets wildly happy everytime his toy's scent is nearby. So they have trained this dog to smell pot (his favorite toy smells like pot) and he will think his doggy toy is in your house and he will dig out and come visit you whinning and yipping... he will be as wildly happy about your pot as you will be!

K-9 is a speciality service, they don't train retards, they train efficient and smart people, i think the handler will know what his dog is saying. Even if you have a legal right to grow (medical) your mom will find out when the doggy comes over and the cops follow.... sorry.

Yea I decided its not worth the risk. So me and my friend though are going split the cost and build a grow box but have it in his room at his house.

So well still need some help. My friend said he can probably fit a box that is 30" wide and 70" tall. Just to be safe lets just reduce the demensions a hair maybe like 2".

What type of lighting should we get for this? How many plants could we grow? Fans? How many fans? Should we paint the inside white or you mular or whatever that stuff is called that is like tin foil.

Does your friend still live with his parents?

Yea but they don't mind. His dad smokes himself and the mom doesn't really care for it. He has grown before but not properly so he stopped. His parents basicaly said as long as its hiding they don't care.

Techincally his dad said all of that and also said, I'll deal with mom if someone happens lol.

I just started growing a few months ago.When I started I built myself a plywood box that measured 2ftx2ft inside with a 4ft height.I made a hinged door, put some louvered vents into it and an exhaust fan.I then loaded it up with my lights and pots and things.It took me about a day to realize that I had wasted my time.After the box had all my stuff inside of it I was lucky if I had room for a damn bonsai tree.I have since relocated into a bigger closet and I use just the closet , no box inside it.My advice to you is to do all the brain work ahead of time.Make sure what you build will really house these plants they whole way through.What is big enough to hold a few pots and seedlings now may be a whole different story a couple weeks into your grow.Don't get stuck with a few nice plants that you have no room to flower.Now I am stoned and rambling but you get the drift.Good luck man!

Thanks frankcos. We considered just having his closet be the grow area but its oddly shaped (he has 2 closets) so we figure the box would be best. I'll be going to his house today sometime and were going take exact measurements on what we can build to fit in. After I get the demensions I'm come back here with the info and see what you guys think.

Ok exact measurements is 22"x34"x50" ( L x W x H ) is this a good space to grow? About how many plants? And Ho much lighting you think?

I'm not an expert, but we use a tent with a 600 watt light, in-line fan, and carbon filter. We don't have any problems with odor and were able to grow six plants. Our tent is 36"x54"x84", but they do make them smaller and you could go with a smaller light too.

We also use two clip-on oscillating fans.

Sampson said:
Ok exact measurements is 22"x34"x50" ( L x W x H ) is this a good space to grow? About how many plants? And Ho much lighting you think?

If his parents are cool with it I wld go with a tent..they are awesome and you can get them on ebay for like 99 bucks with free shipping....

If we can find one in those demensions will get one, otherwise well build it out of wood. How many plants you think we can fit in that space? Also what kind of light?

check out the DIY thred it helped me with my box but I have been planing a box like mine for years just waited for the right time to build. mine might be a lil big for ya but it might get you in the right direction.looking @ other ppls pics should get you thinkin

Latest posts

Back