Nirvana SilverPearl & Haze19xSkunk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benamucc

is NORML
Reaction score
Hey everyone!! Well, it's about time to start this one. 7 of 8 have cleared the soil, and although it's not much to look at yet, this journal is as much for me as it is for you.

I bought the SilverPearl from Seedboutique and had no problems. They sent me 5 freebie Haze19&Skunk.

Silver Pearl is a three way hybrid developed in the early 90’s. Early girl, Skunk #1 and Northern lights. I chose this strand because of it's Indica/Sativa mix, and flowering time (since this will be my summer outdoor).

Haze19&Skunk is a F1 hybrid providing a cerebral up high with many of the beloved growing qualities of skunk #1. I decided to grow these because it's a Sativa, indoor, and an experienced grow difficulty. Experienced I am not, but easily challenged I am :ignore: some call it stubborn?

(Info taken from Nirvana site, please see for any additional strand information)
SilverPearl: http://www.nirvana-shop.com/silver-pearl-p-106.html
Haze 19 x Skunk: http://www.nirvana-shop.com/haze-skunk-p-102.html

Started 4 in the soil (2SP+2HS) and germinated 4 (2SP+2HS) using the plate, papertowel, and Television receiver method, without a plastic baggie because I know there has been recent debate here. 4 of 4 are the direct soil results, 3 of 4 were germ results. (One of the freebie HxS didn't pop) They all cleared the soil within hours of each other, and there was only one clear advantage I noted. Watching dirt and trying to see if something is poking thru is alot more frustrating, and less rewarding than watching the sometimes hourly changes in the germ tray. IMO but feel free to debate it.

I'm using a mix of organic potting soil, and rose bedding. For reasons that can be discussed elsewhere I'm unable to find anything but Miracle grow, or the hardware store's knock of thereof. AKA nute city... I needed to thin out the little potting soil I had left, and since the bedding doesn't really contain anything more than cow manure in the way of fertz, we'll see what happens. Once this issue of no potting soil is resolved down the road I'll make note, but will probably continue to use the same mix.

I'll also be using some Fox Farms during the grow, but in very dilluted amounts, and on my own schedule. Please reference http://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/soilfeed.pdf for their reccomended soil feeding schedule.

Vegging will be done under 4 Coolwhite T8's for now, but I will be soon adding in some Softwhite spectrum, after the Veg box is built (this weekend).

More as it comes... happy :watchplant: you vouyers (you know who you are!!) :raisehand:

DSC06430.JPG

DSC06431.JPG

DSC06432.JPG

this going to be CFL or just floro? looks like your off to a good start wish i had enough room for a farm like this is gonna be.

I'll use a mix of 9 CFL's (softwhite, and coolwhite) and 2 T8's (coolwhite)

So it's just over a week since the last update. Things are looking good except for one little feller. He (calling it that cuz I abused it) was off center in the pot, and I moved it to the middle. Definatly playing catch up now, but survived, and today should be the first good day for new growth. (that, that, that don't kill me....can only make me stronger...)

All are in a new veg box (see good babies thread), and I have to say at this point the SilverPearl's are just a LITTLE bit faster than the H19xS. but not by much.

Later kidz...

DSC06445.JPG

Looks Good ben..Good luck on those...wishing mostley females to you my Friend..KeepN it GREEN

looking good :hubba:
fingers crossed on getting the ladies :tokie:

ill be watching this

Hey all. Getting ready to make some room in the veg box for these babies. They grow up so quick...sniff sniff My bagseed plants are going to flower on Thursday, and these transplant into bigger pots then too. Just thought I would update one more time from their starter pots.

Pics are 2 strongest of each breed. First pic is HxS and the second is SP. Last pic is all my little duckies in a row.

DSC06450.JPG

DSC06451.JPG

DSC06452.JPG

lookin good bro like i said before i like your box looks like you got plenty of room to get some bigger pots on these plants and let them realy veg out for a copple months and it will look like a jungle in that baby lol ,i cant wait to see what u do with them this time around ill be keeping up to date ,also i hope your hps comes in tommorow so u can post up some picks ,

HAPPY GROWIN TOM TOM

looks good, man :aok:

ever thought you'd be so enthralled about growing plants when u were younger? ? ? LOL :hubba:

tvg it's really funny that you ask that, because as a kid i WAS always interested in growing plants. in second grade (age 7) mrs. R taught us how to germ seeds. we used clear plastic cups, and paper towel rolled up inside so we could see the seeds doing their thing. i grew marigolds in the planter at my parents house that summer!!

but to honestly answer your question...no...i never would have thought i'd know this much about plants!! my gf thinks i'm a big nerd, but i'm easily intelectually stimulated. (jack of all trades master of none!!!)

Well, strangely HTG HPS didn't arrive today, and I havn't been charged for it yet. They didn't respond to email, voice mail, or phone calls today. :(

So I'm NOT replanting like I had planned, but wanted to post some pictures of my Fan/Light LST I'm trying on 2 of the HxS. SeedBotique reccomends you give the free seeds to a friend, so next best thing...

Anyway I put 2 of these guys in a controled fan stream last Saturday, and kept an eye on things. During the week I positioned them no to stretch to the lights, but just over the top of the plant which was on the outside edge of the pot. When I transplant I'll have to do some tying, but am going to continue the same method and see if it works.

Transplanting...(to be continued)

DSC06453.JPG

DSC06455.JPG

DSC06457.JPG

DSC06456.JPG

benamucc said:
Well, strangely HTG HPS didn't arrive today, and I havn't been charged for it yet. They didn't respond to email, voice mail, or phone calls today. :(

So I'm NOT replanting like I had planned, but wanted to post some pictures of my Fan/Light LST I'm trying on 2 of the HxS. SeedBotique reccomends you give the free seeds to a friend, so next best thing...

Anyway I put 2 of these guys in a controled fan stream last Saturday, and kept an eye on things. During the week I positioned them no to stretch to the lights, but just over the top of the plant which was on the outside edge of the pot. When I transplant I'll have to do some tying, but am going to continue the same method and see if it works.

Transplanting...(to be continued)
looking gr8t benamucc,,nice choice of seeds..gl:D

Finally back in the gr. Was able to transplant 2, but ran out of dirt...again :ignore: Will be getting some more this afternoon to finish the job. Got a little nute burn late last week, but have flushed the ones that were effected, and things seem to be under control. Will wait a few more days before the next batch of nutes. Otherwise...see for yourself

DSC06479.JPG

DSC06480.JPG

DSC06482.JPG

Sorry, no pix here either right now. I nuked a couple of the plants, but I think it was b/c while I was figuring out the box temps they went a few nights in the 50's until I realized it was getting so cold in the dark. Couple of bottom leaf sets yellowed, and I pulled off the nutes until things get better. Soil tests confirmed PH levels, and we'll just give them a few days to recover.

I'm running them on 24/0 now, with 70's-low 80's temps and have transplanted all. NEVER EVER AGAIN BTW. Only large containers from the start now on. I'm over it, since I had to give away 2 of the babies for lack of room. I've got 3 SP and 2 HxS left. The 2 that I gave away went to a good home, with a loving family. (I sound like I just gave away my cat) I've been invited to visit in 2-3 weeks to check in on them, and will post when I do.

I'll pic ASAP. Later all...

SP...HS...HS...HS...SP...overhead...box exterior

By the way I was over nuting the poor little things. They've been flushed a few days now, but I was giving them 2x FoxFarm by mistake. i'm an idiot :stoned:

DSC06517.JPG

DSC06518.JPG

DSC06519.JPG

DSC06520.JPG

DSC06521.JPG

DSC06522.JPG

DSC06524.JPG

You can definitely tell you have been flushing them. Very droopy at the moment but they should recover just fine in the next few days. I'm glad you noticed before the damage was irrevocable, though. I'm sure they will pull through just fine. They definitely look good though my friend. Keep up the great work and you will be well rewarded in the near future. Keep the pics coming. Good luck and take care.

Thanks....I was a little down b/c I let these babies get like this. It's like a direct reflection of how I'm taking care of myself. Hobby = Healthy anyway...off to work. 10 days and counting...then the BIIGGG break!!!

Hey man, just thought i would throw something out there, have you thought about making some cheap pop can reflectors? I am currenly growing under 6 26watt cfls and i noticed more growth out my plants in a week with reflectors than 2 weeks without... seems to add a little heat but not much about a 2 or 3 degree difference...

I can appreciate the fact that there is some work that still needs to be done on the GR to be up to (MP Construction Code). Although, at this time no work is scheduled until April sometime. Sorry peeps. Soon you can badger me all you want, and create a project list for me....until then...I YAM what I YAM

Latest posts

Back