Nirvana SilverPearl & Haze19xSkunk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey benn...May I suggest you getting some Distilled water from the food store and water your plants only once a week for 3 weeks..Let the soil dry out completelyI feel they will perk right up...i also found that with the use of a callander and writing down when I water and when i feed it helps me when I go look at them...I also use a moister reader...Good luck my friend

I'm sure the plants you got now will survive. They just won't look all too special. It's good to make mistakes like that, you learn from mistakes, and personally that is the best learning experience anyone can have. Better luck with your new seeds!

Thanks everyone. I just am NOT able to figure it all out. I don't know what the problem is. I can't even be mad about it any more. I'm just SOO frustrated. It's like they're alive, but barely, and SO SMALL for almost 11 weeks old. The LST plant is probably dead. I'm down to 3.

Do you think the 24/0 could be an issue? I've germed 3 really nice lookin seeds, but cant get ANY to come out of the dirt. Something is wrong...

I'm starting to consider putting these on 12/12 and order some new seeds. I have 4 seeds left total. 2 more SP went on the plates today. I REALLY REALLY want to have at least 1 female healthy enough to clone in 5-8 weeks.

H-E-L-P M-E !! :pullhair:

On a side note the plants that I gave away, one died, and one is about 2ft tall. Window grow. I'll try to get a picture of it someday...

DSC06608.JPG

DSC06607.JPG

DSC06606.JPG

DSC06605.JPG

Sorry ben...doesnt look good :eek: remind me of your soil my friend...what is the PH run off when useing Disstilled water?...Im hopeing someone with more exp will pop in and lend a hand. I had a plant that looked some what like your 3 pic and I was tryN some ouside dirt where I plan to plant in summer and when I transPlNt it in organic Potting soil with Perlite It turned around...only to go hermie..Might I suggest getting the new beans on order..Good luck my FRIEND

Hey did you have any problems with light cycle?..IMO 18/6 for VEG and 12/12 for flwr..Good Luck my Friend

MeNtAlPaTiEnT said:
I'm sure the plants you got now will survive. They just won't look all too special. It's good to make mistakes like that, you learn from mistakes, and personally that is the best learning experience anyone can have. Better luck with your new seeds!

AMEN my Friend:)

Ok, so maybe it IS the dirt. It was "organic" from the hardware store. Only stuff that didn't have any nutes in it. Now that the nursery is open I'll run down there and try to grab something better, and some perlite to mix in. What ratio do you think??

I'm looking at White Label, White Skunk for the next seeds. They've gotten good reviews on Seedboutique and seem to be pretty resilient to brown thumbs.

I just re-read this entire journal, and it MUST be the soil. These things looked good at one point...BEFORE they went into the rosebed mix/organic soil. Maybe the rosebed mix, although nutrient free, was a little too clay like for the plants, and they're not getting adequate drainage. Also, at this point wondering if it's why NONE of the seeds I've put in came up....things that make you go hmmm.... :doh:

Ok, I'm now convinced it IS the soil, but as a true scientific learning experiment I only have transplanted 1 of the HS into "pro soil" which says for the first 2 weeks ONLY to water, and then follow a SPECIFIC fert plan. So thats what the new game plan is.

Sounds like a plan. I hope you figure out what it is. Keep us posted my friend. Take care and be safe.

Yeah ben...you will see that one you TransPlt will start to look better but I feel it may be a bit late and fear of Hermie but you may as well see the stages of that as well..I mix my potting mix and perlite 50/50...use fox farm nutes and fallow the sched at 1/2 strength and work up...Good luck on the new beans and keep us posted

just do exactly what you were doing when you posted those first couple of pics and that is it. :)

It MUST be the soil. That was what changed and has been a constant. Yes I may have over nuted them a bit, but they were flushed etc. If they hermie, I'm ok with that I've decided. I could use the seeds!!

I've got 2 little SP seeds in the plates right now, and 2 BIG bags of Pro soil just WAITING for them!! This WILL work!!

Thanks again for the support everyone. :48:

Hermie seeds aren't any good, are they? I was under the assumption that they would be hermies also? I could be wrong. Anyways, I would definitely do away with the soil that you used for those. They look absolutely terrible. I would try my hardest to get some FF pro mix. It really is great stuff. If you can't find that, get some good potting mix and perlite and mix up a batch of your own soil. I would go 50/50 with the perlite. Allows for great drainage and aeration. Just my thoughts. Keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe.

smokybear said:
Anyways, I would definitely do away with the soil that you used for those. They look absolutely terrible.

I've heaped the first post full into the yard yesterday when I transplanted into the Baccto ProMix. We'll see what happens.

I know they look terrible. It makes me sad. Hope to have something healthy soon.

Okay ben...we will not call the cops on you for MJ abuse...The seeds may or may not be hermie..if the strain is known to be hermie yes..But if they are true bread beans that went hermie due to Habitat then seeds from such plant may not be hermie but could be feminized..I think...I read read read and may have some of this backwards and am sure to be corrected and welcome the knowlage..but I like the sounds of the new beans started and new soil..you mixed 50/50..yes?..no nutes for 3 weeks from sprout..fox farm Big Bloom 1 TBL spoon per Gallon of Distilled water...good luck my friend..

I was going to post some pics today of the 2 seeds that germed, but they didn't come out that good on the white paper towel back ground, and I'm sure you've all seen a seed with a tail before.

1 will go into the new soil as soon as my flower room lights come on. (Don't want to disrupt sleeping beautys) The other one will probably be ready to go by dinner time...

I ordered the White Skunk from the botique too, so that will be a new GJ soon. I hope.

Anyway, play safe kids!!

Still waiting on sprouts of course...Just axed my 2 plants that were in the flower room, and moved these all under the HPS I had in there. Guessing they'll all perk up very soon now.

I have closed the veg box and I think now...(how many different theories?) that maybe I was too high temps, and didn't realize it. I think I need to add an exhaust fan to accompany the input fan...don't have the $ for it right now tho...will veg these out for now.

Sad day :(

Veg box is pretty useless with warm CFL's when you have a 250W HPS. The whole idea of a veg box is to provide a different kind of light.

Ok, so 1 more of these plants are prolly going to die... Ok...

2 new sprouts looking good.

GREAT room temps. 60deg intake 68deg out 72deg at soil level 58deg at dark hours :hubba:
18/6 250W HPS 28,000L over 5.5sqft = 5090L/sqft

The last HxS in the 5gal bucket is looking ALOT better. Have 1 more seed of each HxS and SP that I might start before the White Skunk arrives. STILL trying to figure out what I'm going to do with the setup...

I'm thinking I should scrap the CFLS, and spread them around lamps in the house...Buy another 6" inline fan for the VEG box, and put in 1 cooltube MH or MH/HPS conversion bulb? The box is 8sqft so I'd need a 400W light either way.

Goona cost some $ to redo. Live, learn, and start pawning stuff in the garage!!

DSC06683.JPG

DSC06682.JPG

DSC06681.JPG

DSC06680.JPG

DSC06679.JPG

Latest posts

Back