No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

halzey68

Well, a friends light went out in his veg room and he asked if he could keep some clones under mine. Being the nice guy i am, i said OK. He brought over 16 clones, assorted strains and gave me 2 of them for my trouble, a Northernlight x trainwreck & an unknown. I also got the gift that keeps giving, spider mites. Oh boy! After taking great effort to have a sterile enviroment, boy was i stupid. I know its my own fault for letting his plants in my room. So tonight just at lights out i sprayed down all my babies in clone closet and veg room heavily with solution made of Neem oil and dawn dishsoap. Ill have to wait untill lights out tomorrow to spray down the flower room. Lucky, i just transfered 4 plants over to flower 2 days ago. If i would have had this happen when almost done flowering, i probably would of had to dig alot bigger hole to bury something or one in. lol. Im giving the top layer of perlite i put on to get rid of gnats a good soaking of solution too. GOOD IDEA ??
I think i have a handle on the situation, but would appreciate any input.
Sometimes being the NICE guy sucks. JUST SAY NO :angrywife: :hitchair: !!!

It always happens that way, you try to be cool and you get your a** burned. I hope everything cleans up and works out. good luck halzey

HippyInEngland said:
I imaine letting an oily soapy solution penetrate soil wouldnt be good for a plant.

true...when i get my clones...they are small enough that I "kellbassa"..them with some Good ol H2O...they are wilted and look bad the first day and may lose a few but thats how I roll;) ..and seems to work 4me:)

seriously... wait for his washer or dryer to break and tell him you will do a load of his undies for him. When him brings them over go down to your towns red light district or over to the town ho's house and get some crab infested hooker to wear them for an hour. Neatly fold (wearing rubber gloves over course) and put them in his laundry basket and return to him. I bet he thinks twice giving others bugs again.

I've tried a new thing for mites, picked it up at IC mag. I mix 50% of 91 rubbing alcohol and 50% water and spray the plants down once a day for three days it seems to have done the trick. You can use this up to one day before harvest as well.

4u2sm0ke said:
remind me not to give you any clones buddyLuv..lol

That is the only bug I can think of that is as pesky as mites.:D

...I bet he gets rid of the crabs faster then you get rid of those mites.

i mixed up 1 gallon of warm water with 2 tablespoons Neem Oil and 1 Tablespoon of Dawn dish soap. and hosed my babies down. The directions say to repeat 4-7 days, i think im doing again in 4. This is only my 3rd day since flipping the girls to 12/12 so i think il be ok with this up until i start showing some buds. Im trying to be thorough so ill get them by the 2nd time i spray. im even thinking about getting a couple lady bugs just to be sure all the eggs/larva are dead. This is my first crop, dont want to ruin it now. my buddy hasn't called me back, imagine that......:cool:

Oh, i guess the best news is I didnt see any signs of mites on my big plants, even though they were in close proximity to the clones, when i was giving them there bath.

Make sure you buy a good insecticide like ortho home protection and spray that room down good when your harvest is done.

I had the same problem; my supplier for clones grows outdoors, and his product is infested with pests.

I used pretty much the same solution that you did: Neem oil, water, and dish-washing soap as an emulsifier. A few words of advice:

1) By a semi-professional sprayer. They cost $10-$15. They usually have a pumping mechanism attached to a cylinder with a wand that has a highly adjustable spray. I set mine to a very fine mist so that I can soak the tops and bottoms of the leaves as well as the soil surface, edges of the planters and etc.

2) Be really careful about light afterward. If you spray with Neem oil and return you plants to a brightly lit area, you will get lots o' leaf burn.

3) You may need to repeat the application every three or four days for a couple of weeks. A given spraying may terminate all living pests but not address eggs, larvae and so forth. You have to break the cycle in order to be effective.

4) One other thing: if it is not too much work, wiping all of your leaves with a damp paper towel top and bottom first will really help.

Best of luck,

GD

just found a few myself. ime you have to use more than 1 kill method to eradicate them. i use the 50/50 iso, 3 days later neem oil, 3 days later vegi-bug spray, and then repeat. they can become sort of immune if you use only 1 thing. and i only do this in veg and to all clones from outside source whether i see bugs or not. JMO

ill give it a couple more days and do it again. i do have a 1 gallon sprayer ive used only for "Come 'ere Deer". I cleaned it real good before i made my neem mix.
I have a half a gallon left from last night. Will it still be good? or do i need to make another batch?
I spent about 15 minutes on each plant, trying to get every nook & cranny. im glad i only have 4 in my flower room. they are over 2 feet now and man they are bushy. thats why it took so long to spray them good.

2 feet and i just flipped them to 12/12 3 days ago. How big you think they'll get ? im hoping for about 5 footers.

You don't need to create another batch; just make certain to shake it very well before using. I should have mentioned that earlier--even while spraying, give it a good shake occasionally or else the oil will separate from the mixture.

Best,

GD

Latest posts

Back