noob grower looking 4 feed back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docfishwrinkle

Reaction score
today is 9th day of growing

15 plants-bagseed in 6" pots

temp avg: 80
humidity avg: 60%-70%
fan circulating air constant

lighting 3-4' standard floro w/ 6-6500k bulbs
24 hr period thinking of going 18/6 @ 6" tall??????(suggestions)

soil 2.5 parts potting soil (pro mix) no additives/ferts
1.5 parts perlite
1 cup lime per 2 gal of soil
1.5 tsp per 6" pot terracycle (worm, poultry, seabird castings)

1st watering .5 tsp super thrive & 1 cc fish emulsion per gal
water with plain distilled water once after initial
last night 4-2-08 mixed up gal solution to apply @ week two
solution is: 1 tsp super thrive
1 tsp epsom salt
1 tblsp blood meal
2 tblsp fish emulsion
and going to let brew until day 14, just in time for next watering

reason for the "tea" is I been noticing purple stems and hints of purple in leaves read couple of contradicting threads and need help to clarify if tea should be used. 1st thread said that purple sometimes indicates maximum nute intake. 2nd thread said nitrogen deficient. my question is if lacking in nitro then wouldn't plants be pale green??? also this is unknown strain.
also most plants are about same size couple are really smaller, but could be a crap seed??? not too worried though have 12 more lookin good.
here's some pics
having trouble uploading pics

DSCN0691.jpg

DSCN0692.jpg

DSCN0697.jpg

DSCN0698.jpg

DSCN0699.jpg

DSCN0703.jpg

DSCN0705.jpg

DSCN0709.jpg

DSCN0708.jpg

DSCN0706.jpg

Well your setup sounds fine. The purple stems are probably genetics and shouldn't be any sort of problem. Some pics would be great. The smaller plants are probably fine also. They grow at different rates so no biggie. Are you going to be using the floros for flowering? I suggest getting a HID system for flower. A 400 or 600 watt hps would multiply your yield exponentially. That's what I recommend. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

thanks smokey, im going 2 b keepin the 2 best & flower under 600w hps which im saving 4 & will purchase from htg supply. the other 13 will be planted here & there over 185 acres. pics are now here forgot to resize

Don't get too over-excited about the purple stems. There are lots of reasons for purple-ish coloring in the beginning of your plants life. Sometimes its just genetics, other times it can be your medium being too cold or too wet, I've even seen threads talking about the humidity changing stems purple. One thing I haven't read is that it has to do with fert intake.

Also be careful vegging on 24/0 cycle. Alot of people that have done their own research have seen alot of males come about during 24 hr light cycles. However, I won't get any further into it as it seems to cause quite a bit of tension between seasoned growers.

Mal C
:fly:

thanks 4 the info & im not stressing about the stems cause 2 me they look pretty healthy but this is my 1st grow and just want the ride 2 go as smooth as possible. Tomorrow i will be switching 2 18/6. the ? about the tea still remains what do u think

Lookin Good!! Im On My First Bag Seed Grow And Had The Same Problem, I Didn't Do Anything They Corected Themself Just Keep Doin What Your Doing And You'll Be Fine. Good Luck Bro

Man you have some Photo skills, that second pic is neat man!

Every thing looks like it's going smooth to me.

peace out!

P.S

You may want to pull the one little one if growth is to slow, I pulled one from my grow because of this reason. It may not be slow though...just a precaution.

thanks all4haze, i will. anybody know about the tea i mixed up is it too strong or good to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!thanks in advance

Sorry man but I'm probably not much help in the tea mixing area, but here's a little bump to try and get ya some help.

Mal C
:fly:

ok its day 13.5 & da luvly ladies r takeing a liking to me. it has been 4.5 days since my last pics & i would say everything looks good to me, but thats why im here b/c im a noob.well i haven't recv'd any info on my "tea" thats been a brewin' for 5 days. well i added it at one gallon to 14 plants. yes thats right i pulled the runt which was 3/4" wide but put the little bit of nutes that ***** had in her right in ma bellah. i would like it 4 some feed back if this growth look slow, average, or rapid and i will post back @ week 3 to let you guys know about the special brew. the bottom temp reading (outdoor) is my canopy temp & middle (indoor) is my room, top is humidity just to clarify, im lookin @ my pics & editing right now. the third & last pic r same plant, possible male or genetics? also one last thing there are 3 that r taller the last pic being one of them, is this possibly telling me they're male? they just look spindly.:48:

DSCN0715-1.JPG

DSCN0711-1.JPG

DSCN0722-1.JPG

DSCN0718-1.JPG

DSCN0712-1.JPG

DSCN0713-1.JPG

DSCN0716-1.JPG

DSCN0726-1.JPG

DSCN0719-1.JPG

DSCN0717-1.JPG

I have the same thermometer, cheers. Your babies look great, nice healthy green. Keep up the good work brother.:)

thx man, just trying to supercede everything im learning with knowledge from other fellow gardeners. yeah i just bought that therm b/c its made by holmes, man, lol!!!!! :smoke1:

ok today is good in many ways :
1) its week 3 of veg
2) my 600w digi hps came, but w/o light?? called htg tony said have one 2 days @ latest thats cust. service right there these guys rock
3) built my scrog screen
4) finished & installed my air scrubber
ok enough b.s. here are some details about my conditions and room.
complete dark 39% rh, 68 room temp & canopy. 6am 72% rh, 75 room temp, 80 canopy. 5pm 75% rh, 80 room, 84 canopy. this is with 1/2 gal de humidifier, oscilatting fan but not enough room to oscilate, but will when kick some ladies outside. have fan on a wave maker (timer) i found today, from reef aquarium days. have fan on for 3 min & off for 2 min. oh crap i know not lot details i was editing w/ pics & only half uplosded F**K be back 2 morrow

DSCN0727.JPG

DSCN0731.JPG

DSCN0733.JPG

DSCN0734.JPG

DSCN0735.JPG

DSCN0736.JPG

DSCN0738.JPG

DSCN0740.JPG

DSCN0741.JPG

DSCN0742.JPG

well here iam so back to details anyhow um....oh yeah was wondering if the reason for plants were shorter (tallest 3-4" @ 3 wks) other than the reason of genetics & being mainly indica is b/c forgot about seeds when germ'd em. sprouts were in excess of 1 inch so when i planted i buried em 1/4 " below the "feeder leaves"
hoping to encourage strong root development. thats my guess w/ alot of variables. bear w/ me and all my ?'s and what ifs. so im still getting red stems & stalks, but fade couple days after water but this time has stayed not worried but kind of makes sense of too much water like mal crane suggested. last time i watered was 5 days & will water in couple more. soil goes completely dry between waters. also i let water run out into saucer then remove all excess water. not scared of root rot b/c lots of perlite & bottom has 1" pea gravel. will be mixing in bone meal 4 phos. then watering w/ superthrive & plain water. i also raised shop lights to 3-4 inches hoping to get them to stretch so i can hopefully scrog & supercrop in a couple of weeks but b/4 that would like to go 12/12 until can sex cause i dont have large amounts of space & dont want to waste time & resources cause am over budget. invested about $550 into this & wife has terminated funds.

pics
1 air scrubber and 600w digital hps ballast
2 scrog screen 3'x3' should i put 5 pots instead of 4
3 the stellar cellar
4 bat wing & scrubber inlet behind
5 row 1 of 3
6 bushy lady
7 out of focus pre-flower
8 plant
9 aquarium timer
10 shortest plant 1" on 6th node and full of nodes inside

sorry 4 tha rambles, peace

just one more tidbit has been full day w/ scrubber running & de-humidifier unplugged. rh is 34%. is too low? what if put tray of water in front of fan. can't buy any more!!! except lw2 when pocket enough cheese 4 fem seeds, cause just want to "set it and forget it"...lol

Hi docfishwrinkle,

Nice setup, Great Pics!

34% RH is a bit on the low side. Shoot for at least 40%. Adding a bowl of water in front of the fan will help. How much depends on how samall your area is and how well it is sealed. A small area, well sealed should get a good rise.

Hang onto that de-humidifier though. I found that once my plants started getting big they started raising the humidity all by themselves!

Zepplin:cool:

setup is under stairs. so 4 now looking w/ the shop lights is about 4' & @ that 4' where the stairs start coming down is 3.5' to floor. when i put all but 4-5 outside, ill mylar off the stair part & have 4x3 area to scrog w/ 600 hps
60 cubic feet

Latest posts

Back