Nooooooooooo!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elliot Jansen

Reaction score
My plants have spidermites.... I know because I killed one with my fingers.. and I see their eggs all over the place.. Pieces of my leaves are getting eaten...

Here are my options in order of my preference

1: PRaying Mantis

2: Ladybugs ( although I thought they only ate aphids)

3: Insecticides / BOMB

Please let me know which of these options is better.. Or what this Neem Oil?

Just tried to post pics and couldn't figure it out... will continue trying

Im gonna try to post pics right now.. But am having trouble with the site..

try some azatrol for complete extermination. depends on what stage your in also,

I would ask what stage plants are..and would say I would need to see pics to see..Not sure theats mites eating your plant...yes Im a sycick..loll..

Test Pics.....

There finally.. it took me 1.5 hrs and a nap to get it up but here is one of my 5 pics.. Still tryin to figure out how to change the file size of my pics.. Keep in mind also that the smaller leaves have been fim'ed so they are halved on purpose... The unnatural eating on the emphasized two larger leaves is what I'm worried about.. will post more pics when I figure out sum stuff..

Photo  23.JPG

Are you positive that they are spidermites? Search google and I'm sure you will find a good picture of spidermites. Since you're not flowering, I would go ahead and use insecticides. You will probably have to do it several times to get them all. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

2 more..... 1 pic pretty much shows you where I'm at in the veg stage 6 weeks old today... 2nd pic shows a little piece of leaf thats been eaten, and some white dots... eggs maybe.. I know its kinda blurry but the camera is second rate and the filesize won't allow me to get in anymore detail.. On the underside of the leaf it looks like little trails of indentions... like a long trail of eggs..

Photo  31.JPG

Photo  34.JPG

If they aren't spidermites what are they... The reason I think they are is because I killed something with my finger that looked like one.. And I found what I thought was some webbing.. But maybe was lint? If I was to use insecticides what do you all suggest, Organic or the Chemical NUKE to scortch these suckers.. What about those pest strips that release Dichlorovos2?

Dosnt look like spider mite damage, spider mites are very very tiny and leave a small yellow spot on the leaf from where they suck the jucies from your plant.

Most people notice tiny webs from leaf to leaf first and by then your infested bad.

Describe the bug you smashed.

i had the same problem - mix liquid soap and water and spray them well. every other day. then i spayed the plant with insectacide on the in between day´s, but spayed the soil heavily. this done the trick 4 me.
http://www.resize2mail.com/ try this site 2 resize your pic´s - it´s very easy.

These are spider mites and eggs, (they can be different colours) is this what you killed?

Do the eggs look like this?

Spider mites do not eat leaf, they suck the juices out using a probosis.

So something else caused the leaf damage.

spidermites_i.jpg

dam them soe creepy lookin things man. they hang out on our mj plants ? yikes.

yeah ..what HIE said...at no extra charge..lol

I dont think its the mite either...good luck on this let us know what you find

HippyInEngland said:
Yes they do, and you smoke their dead bodies and eggs :eek:

an anal as i am... now watch me sit there come manicurin time wit a high powered mag lense and a tiny tweezers pickin them all off serchin each an every bud lol.. u shoulda never told us this man lol.. jokin.. thanks all the more.. my poor lungs have vaprized bug guts resinating the linings of them too .. lol

HippyInEngland said:
These are spider mites and eggs, (they can be different colours) is this what you killed?

Do the eggs look like this?

Spider mites do not eat leaf, they suck the juices out using a probosis.

So something else caused the leaf damage.

Hay Hippy is that Pix off of your plant?? Spider mites
Trichomes are really close..;)

Flyinghigh said:
Hay Hippy is that Pix off of your plant?? Spider mites
Trichomes are really close..;)

i think them were the eggs not trichomes...?

Hey Elliot,

I've had plenty of grows where something seems to be eating my leaves, but I never find the culprit. I always suspect a caterpillar, but never find one. I've seen that sort of thing on some of my current plants too, but it has never amounted to anything, and the plants seem fine. In fact, the mysterious invisible bug seems to have gone away and I see no more evidence of it eating my leaves. Perhaps you have nothing to worry about?

Latest posts

Back