NorCals Sour Diesel (aka ECSD) grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorCalHal

Reaction score
Well, here we grow again.

First off, here is a little story of how this came to be.

A good friend hooked me up some Sour Diesel cuts about 4 months ago. Bad Shape, not rooted and needing love bad.
I took them home and gave them the love they needed. I got them rooted, vegged them up under my T5, repotted them into 3 gals and vegged them longer under a 1000w MH. I ended up with 5 Healthy girls.

So, I took about 50 cuttings from the moms. I got 48 out of the 50 to blast roots. Of these, I choose 45 and started veggin' under my T5 in 4" rockwool cubes.

Meanwhile, I had 35 Mazar plants READY to flip in my Flower room.

I had to make a desicion. Do I flower out the Mazar, or scrap them and flower out the SD, which STILL needed a few weeks Veg time.

To make matters worse, I also had 9 girls I started from seed. Chem Haze Diesel from Rezdawg. They were already getting big and needed to be sexed and flipped. What to do??

So, I called my buddy who gave me the SD. I told him I had Mazar ready to flip, and he could HAVE them if he came and got them. Mind you, he Lives in Truckee, about 3 hours from me.
He drove down here with the quickness. We loaded up his Van with 35 2-3 foot Mazar plants and off he went, back up the hill at 11 pm. Van REEKING.
Don't worry folks, he made it and the Mazar are flowering out big at thier new home.

So, back to me.

I changed the bulbs in my flower room to MH (gotta love switchable ballasts!) and started veggin the SD. I wanted to get them around 18-24" before I flipped them.

Meanwhile, what to do with these huge ChemHazeDiesel plants. I got a bright idea. I would "manually" flip the CHD. I run my lights from 6pm to 12pm (18 hours) when I veg. So, every morning at 6 am, I got up and took the CHD into another spare room that I blacked out to get them starting to flower. After about 10 days of this, they showed sex and I tossed the males. I ended up with 4 female CHD.
I also took 4 cuts from each CHD BEFORE I flipped them, as to keep a cut from the pheno I like best of the CHD. Just an fyi.

So, for another 14 days, I continued to get up each morning and move the CHD to the dark room, to keep them on the 12/12 regimine.

At last, the SourD was at the height I wanted them. So, I finnaly flipped the flowerroom. No more getting up at 6 to move those big girls.

So that was 5 days ago. I now have my flower room at 12/12 and all is WELL!

Here are some pics I took today. Don't worry, these pics were taken while the girls were "sleeping". That is why they seem a little droopy. About an hour before the lights come on, believe me, they PERK up.

The first 3 pics are the SD. I have not went in and trimmed up the bottoms yet, or even hooked up the feed lines. I am still hand feeding :(

The last 2 pics show the ChemHaze Diesel. They are budding out fat.

This is the first time I have grown either strain, but I am confident it will go well. They are both 70 day strains.

Not much to look at yet, but enjoy!!

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

dang hal,ya got a forest going there.wish i could grow that many at on time.also wish i was your neighbor,lol. great job as usual.

Ya Andy, I am doing a few more then usual as I have not ran this strain before. I just did a few more and flipped them a little shorter. They seem to be getting big quick, so I may dump a few in the coming days.

that looks great NCH. i bet that was a pain moving them back, and forth, bet your glad thier all flowering now.:cool:.

wish i was your neighbor too.:cool:...bb...

A little update.

These girls seem to really stretch. Not really bad, as they are stayin' pretty bushy, but they are getting tall quick.
So off to HomeDepot I went and bought the makings of a trellis.

I know that once these start to flower, it is going to be hell keeping them str8, so I built a trellis to help em out. I built them a little high, but I think they are going to stretch right thru before they stop, but the height can be adjusted very easy.

So, heres a few pics after I put them up. I didn't build one for the tray with the ChemHazeDiesel, as they are too far along. The last pic is the CHD.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

I took some pics of the Chem Haze Diesel last nite, so I thought I would share them. I have 4 of the CHD Females I am flowering in my SourD grow.

I will take some pics of the sourd today. They are REALLY going crazy, and I wish I had about 4 less plants per tray, and I wish I would have flipped them sooner.

But anyway, here are some cool pics of the CHD.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I hear ya Umbra, I am lucky! I have a spare 10x10 room that I use. Works great.

Here is some updated pics I just took. The SourD has gotton tall QUICK!. I think it is done stretching and is starting to show bud.
When I built the tressels, I thouhgt I had them too high, boy was I wrong. This is my forst time running this strain, and I see a few things I will do different next time.
I had to peg my lights to the ceiling, but If they have really stopped stretching, I will lower them a bit.

The pic that shows the plants with more bud showing are the ChemHazeDiesel, fyi. Everything else is SD.

Don't mind the girly pics on the wall, I am a little superstitious and allways have a couple of pics of hot chicks. I have since I started growing, prob cause my Lady never goes in there! So, I have allways had one ever since. Just good Karma!

Enjoy!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Thanks Mom, they are pretty! And I mean the plants, not the girly pics!

You can also see the Sulpher Burner I have been running to prevent Powdery Mildew. I run a Sulpher burner for the first couple of weeks of flower as a preventitive.

Another thing, they look like they are wilty, but they were sleeping. These plants really droop when they are asleep. But an hour before lights come on, they stand TALL and pointed up. I will try to take a pic, it looks crazy.

Wow, they are growing up nicely :hubba: NCH

I have seen those grids that you have there before in other grows, I am guessing they are used to support the plants as they get bigger, correct?

when all is done you should sell a couple lbs to socal shops so i can try out your sd ...and i got a question say i have a card and so do the people around me what do i have to do if they want me to grow for them at my location

Thanks for looking!

Yumyum, you are correct, they are for plant stability when the plant gets bigger. Everything under the sscreen gets cut out for the most part, concentrating growth to the tops.

Eastla, been thinking about going down to socal to check out the scene.
There are a couple of things that you can do to be a provider for other card holders. You can have them make you thier caregiver, but the law has just currently changed and it is a little harder to establish caregiver status.

You can also start a "collective" and grow for multiple people. I haven't looked too much into that, but I will.

Your best bet is to go to Patient ID Center in LA and go talk to them. They will point you in the best direction for your area and city/county.

NorCalHal said:
Thanks for looking!

Yumyum, you are correct, they are for plant stability when the plant gets bigger. Everything under the sscreen gets cut out for the most part, concentrating growth to the tops.

Eastla, been thinking about going down to socal to check out the scene.
There are a couple of things that you can do to be a provider for other card holders. You can have them make you thier caregiver, but the law has just currently changed and it is a little harder to establish caregiver status.

You can also start a "collective" and grow for multiple people. I haven't looked too much into that, but I will.

Your best bet is to go to Patient ID Center in LA and go talk to them. They will point you in the best direction for your area and city/county.

I hope yours taste better then the crappy sour D there pushing out here :rolleyes:

the shops in my area are collectives boyleheights ela ca we got"arts district healing center" and "sotostreet collective" ... hydromaniac all the sour d i got down here was bomb looks/taste wise just havent found one that had that punch you in the face stone

Latest posts

Back