Nova's Northern Light, White Widow, Top44 Grow! (And More...)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, a quick update on the progress of the grow, slow but progressive.

Currently i have two strong Nirvana - Misty sprouts. I would've had two Dutch Passion - Purple #1 sprouts, but it seems one of them just was too weak to go on, however i do have a second sprout, which seems to be doing nicely so far.

I still have yet to see a Top44 or White Widow sprout at all, wondering maybe if the seeds themselves were not quite ready to be plucked from the plant.
I plan on writing the Doc and seeing what he has to say. Im using the same method i used to germ the Purple #1 and the Misty, so i know its not my methods fault for the plants not sprouting. so we will see what he says...

The ironic thing, is that both of these strains are Nirvana breeds, and with the recent diffifulty with Nirvana, it wouldnt suprise me if they shipped off a bad batch to Doc. I know both of these specific Nirvana strains are quite popular, so if the individuals are getting ripped of by a breeder, why wouldnt wholesale peeps as well? Either way, we will see what happens when i write Doc.

Nova

Odd that you're having problems with the Widow's popping. From the looks of it, I got some Nirvana White Widow around the same time as you and 3 of 3 germed and broke soil pretty fast.

So after sending an Email to Doc explaining the troubles i am having with these White Widow and Top44 seeds, he is sending me out another pack of beans of each strain. We both believe that maybe there was some extreme temperature situations or something of this nature that just shocked the beans in transit preventing them from growing.

Again, i would just like to reiterate that this whole situation is why i choose to do my business with Doc. If this had been Nirvana themselves or some other bean broker, lol, id be lucky to get sent out some more beans, if a reply back to the email at all! This just goes to show you, that Doc stands behind his beans as quality beans and not just out to make a quick buck, but actually shows he has compassion and service.

Anyways, im really lookin forward to starting some WW and Top44 and seeing the results...Till the beans arrive......

Misty is doing fabolous, strong, healthy, and eager to go to the light...lol

Ciao!

Nova

well thanks brother, looks like i know where iam gettin my next selection of beans, infact, i think iam gonna go take alook at the next buy, thanks alot hombre, mucho gusto

Here's an update on Misty, a look at the setup....yes, all those jiffy cubes are beans waiting to sprout! lol. I think there's like 20 or so....on the far right are the white widow beans, yup, im still giving them a shot... :hubba:

CIMG0285.JPG

CIMG0286.JPG

CIMG0287.JPG

Hey nova glad to see that misty is going strong good luck on those other beans But I'm sure misty is gonna make you a happy dad peace

Sticky_Budz said:
Hey nova glad to see that misty is going strong good luck on those other beans But I'm sure misty is gonna make you a happy dad peace

im sure she will too! i really want them all to give me atleast one good female from each strain!

its :hairpull: not knowing if its gonna be a fem or not!

Wow...looks to be a great grow. 20 or so? Lol...sounds like me:D.

lol no shizzle sounds like me when i know i got room lmfao haha great, great to see so many with green fever

dc

edit: p.s. plant the $#@#ing world up lol

I got 3 new sprouts! Things are coming along nicely, and i cannot wait till Doc's beans hit my door....

• Top left sprout is a Dutch Passion - Purple #1
  • Top right sprout is a Nirvana - Misty
  • Bottom right sprout is a Nirvana - Misty
The other picture is of my oldest Misty plant, she's a little over 1 week old!

CIMG0289.JPG

CIMG0290.JPG

nice nice, now comes the fun part, transplant is a lil bit of abump, but you'll get there!!!!

dc

Just another update on the grow with some pics. I have 8 sprouts now, all strong and growing nicely.

• 5 Nirvana - Misty plants
  • 3 Dutch Passion - Purple #1
In the pic of the sprouts, sprouts on the right are the Misty's and the sprouts on the left are Purple #1!

The other pic is of my oldest Misty, which is going on 9 days! Damn, this growin indoors is killer, ive made a very bad habit of checkin on them, distracts me from the kids and other household duties, haha!

It's much easier when they are in the greenhouse outside, then they arent in my face as much, but i guess it makes it more convienant for watering purposes. This is also my most photographed grow!

Still waiting on my White Widow and Top44 beans from Doc, those should rock when i get them into a jiffy cube! Excited....

Nova

CIMG0291.JPG

CIMG0293.JPG

You lucky man. I want some DP Purple. I'm def going to watch this one:D.

All the babies are now in peet pots. I prefer to use mediums and materials that make transfering easier and less stressful on the plants.

the jiffy plugs just gets put into the peet pot and soil is added, and when it comes time for the final transplant, the peet pot gets set into a big 5 gallon bucket with holes drilled in the bottom. Overtime the walls of the peet pot deteriorate due to moisture in the surrounding soil and the roots just bust through. I find that transplanting this way induces almost none to very-very minimal stress on the plant!

Will post pics when i see some more progress, probably tomorrow! :p

Im lookin forward to gettin these top44 beans and white widow beans in....The other top44 and white widow jiffy cubes will remain until they can be replaced....

Nova

So here's a pic with everyone in their new homes. Also is a pic of what everything looks like now, i keep strict tabs on the plants, when they pop and what the watering schedule is....notice the BORN ON DATES on the tags, this helps me keep track of their nutrient feeding as well as their current growth as compared to the rest of their siblings!

I also took a pic of the big sister plant, she will be getting her first nutrients in about 2-3 days and will be going to the greenhouse in about a week! She'll spend about another 2 weeks in the greenhouse until she reaches maturity. Once maturity is reached a cutting will be taken to determine sex, and if all goes well, she will spend the rest of her days in the "East Wing" of the greenhouse under the HPS.

More pics to come....

Nova

CIMG0294.JPG

CIMG0296.JPG

CIMG0298.JPG

CIMG0299.JPG

CIMG0301.JPG

So today 3 of the biggest Misty plants got moved into 1.3 Gallon plastic homes! There were alot of roots showing out of the bottom of the peet pots, so planted them in to bigger pots so they may continue their growth. They should stay in these homes for about another 2-3 before they go into flower and will be transplanted for the last time into 5-gallon buckets.

I moved the light down a bit and one of the plants suggered a little bit of heat burn, but have since raised the light, and it seems to be doing very well.

These misty plants are really sky-rocketing, however, the purple seem to be coming along a bit slower, which is expected.

My oldest misty will be starting her nutes on Tuesday, as she will be about 17 days old. The rest are still too young to be given nutes, as the soil has some nutes in it, worm castings and such....

Will post pics on Tuesday after the feeding....

Nova

So i went and decided to just go ahead and shoot the pics before Tuesday. My big misty plant got burned pretty good....but she has alot of new growth and will pull through...just a minor set back. The light was about 8 inches from the tops, and imo, wasnt putting out very much heat at all. The light is now about 20"-23" from the tops now....the other two smaller misty plants who are only about 5 days old are fine...just the big girl who got a little sizzled...

Nova

CIMG0303.JPG

CIMG0305.JPG

CIMG0306.JPG

Great Grow Journal, Nova. Your babies are looking good!

Ok, so i got another set of WW beans and Top44 beans in today and put them into jiffy cubes, the wait begins....

I also moved all my other babies into new homes yesterday, cleaned up the grow area, it was getting cluttered....check out da pics....my oldest plant is 20 days old....so in another week, maybe two, she will be heading to the flower room.

CIMG0308.JPG

CIMG0310.JPG

CIMG0311.JPG

CIMG0312.JPG

Latest posts

Back