Nurse Larry Group Grow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome sun. I hope you get both and see what ya like.

Orange, i really like the way you thinned/pruned your plants. Will be anxious to see them in a couple weeks or sooner. Way cool. You could be a rosarian with those skills. And, ya took a few clones huh? I know you will rock this grow and I am watching.

thanks RB---lots of hurdles to jump right now but will do my best to make you proud :icon_smile:

Sure grasshopper. I went with LED's because they are much cooler and I live in the desert. I also like that they are quiet. You feed the plant less with led's. Truthfully you may get more bud w/hps, I haven't seen the studies or I haven't looked to find out. Maybe ask Hamster.

last i saw based on Pjammers journals a few years ago, you get shorter more compact plants that feed less, might not produce as much as HPS but the frosting is outta this world... his plants always looked 3x as sugary as his hps counterparts... personaly i cant really attest to it as i havnt done a good controlled comparison...

I can attest to more frost, more trichomes different animal fromHPS. And Pj is the all knowing led king.

grow store been pushing leds. saw pics, was not impressed. was never mentioned about trics and know he grows with them, small grows only. hmm. are they much cheaper to run? look like cheap xmas lights. if quality is 10% higher, yea i might try. did pjam grow long with hps before led. wheres a good read on this. gotta googl. thanks

lol i totally forgot about Dr Green Fang using LEDs, havnt seen him around for a little while and PJ has been here and there occasionally over the past few years, would be great to have them come back and post more journals... always learned so much from them... plus those sexy pics are always nice to see lol

lol i totally forgot about Dr Green Fang using LEDs, havnt seen him around for a little while and PJ has been here and there occasionally over the past few years, would be great to have them come back and post more journals... always learned so much from them... plus those sexy pics are always nice to see lol

Yeah, people stopped swinging in it seemed. So, I stopped posting up. Not a squeak in the journal so I don't post. Glad you always enjoyed though! :)

Increase in terrapin and resination is 100% true from what I've seen. Did HPS flowering for almost 2 years, and had been LED only for nearly a year. Only issue I have is my 8 Mars II 400's all have a "burnt" diode going on, so I'm working on getting out of them. Will purchase a quality LED when the time comes. Illumitex and BML seem to be where it's at (with Illumitex being the front runner)

With that said, I currently do not have the funds for a quality unit right now, so I'm going to spend roughly 1/16th the amount and get a quality 1000w HPS with larger hood. With the experience I have with LED and with seeing the potential with PJ's stuff, I really wish I could do 100% LED only... even LEP would be interesting. I just do not have that kind of cash. But a 1000w Galaxy HPS setup, in a Raptor hood is only $350.00 at my store.

Any other thoughts toss em my way. If I'm missing a question, please PM me. :aok:

THANKs DR.gf. i dont know what it would cost me to go led in my 96 by 54 tent with quality leds. $1500-$2000.?? Dont know if any cost savings elect. bill. Also poor penetration ham said somewhere. bud pics ive seen, (local), were not impressive. the ham shouldnt count. seen where he can grow 1/2 pounders in a shot glass. that larry og led at 8 weeks pic is sure impressive. i have never seen trics like that. Please post gf. Love looking at experienced growers, growing. seems alot of journal activity. thanks again rose

Alright, well I'll post an update right now. We'll see if people check into it. :aok:

As for the quality LED, you're saying you have a 7.8 foot x 4.5 foot space? So basically an 8 x 4? That would be probably two of the fixtures that are rated to cover a 4x4 area. You MAY be able to get away with two fixtures that cover a 3x3, but I wouldn't rely on "may" lol.

So seems BML Spyder 1200's or the Illumitex DS would be your choice. Two of those fixtures. I'm not sure what the prices are, and I'm sure if you contact someone you should be able to work a "deal" on a multiple fixture purchase. It never hurts to hit up companies and ask :D

Illumitex DS
http://www.illumitex.com/illumitex-led-products/neosol-ds/

BML Spyder 1200
http://www.bmlhorticulture.com/spydr-1200-grow-max-spectrum/

the biggest key to growing with LEDs is plenty of defoliation, removing those large fan leaves to allow better penetration to bud sites... if you dont defoliate then yes you will have lacking buds... LED growing is a whole new beast compared to HPS...

the biggest key to growing with LEDs is plenty of defoliation, removing those large fan leaves to allow better penetration to bud sites... if you dont defoliate then yes you will have lacking buds... LED growing is a whole new beast compared to HPS...

Veryyyy big factor, yes indeed Sunakard :aok:

Even HPS I try to defoliate more, now that I've had almost a year with LED only. Going back to HPS is kind of fun because of the size buds and yield. GPW is going to suffer, but .. oh well. I can't afford the high end fixtures, at the moment.

well today is the day for pics and such but i havnt gotten that far yet lol... update on my 4 Nurse Larry... one was already showing preflowers... dirty dirty little sacks... so he gets the AXE in a little bit... ooh well the other 3 havnt showed yet so im hoping they are all females, since one male has shown already i just keeping my fingers crossed that there isnt a slow male in the bunch... it also appears that i have both phenos, i have (not counting the male) 2 that are taller and nodes are spaced out and only 1 that is about an inch or 2 shorter and far far more compact then the others... WOOT!!!

Beautiful plants! OMG so many colors, I would love to plant one in full sun, create a monster. Imagine the bubble hash you would get! Damn time to smoke a bowl.

Latest posts

Back