Strain ratings all over the board!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was not speaking of any one directly but more of an industry-wide problem.

Bubba
that is mostly because they are slinging pollen. A "Breeder" of cannabis will lock down the phenotypes that he is after. In my experience, most of the breeders today make f2s and call it a new strain. Finding a quality source of legitimate seeds
[/QUOTE]
Got my name on it, but not my statement.
That was someone responding to me.
Bubba

that is mostly because they are slinging pollen. A "Breeder" of cannabis will lock down the phenotypes that he is after. In my experience, most of the breeders today make f2s and call it a new strain. Finding a quality source of legitimate seeds
Got my name on it, but not my statement.
That was someone responding to me.
Bubba
[/QUOTE]
I did a pollen sling. I admit I know nothing about how the F1 plants will turn out but I know the genetics are solid and I know there is only one father to the seeds. I am growing some of the F1’s(and my brother is also). I have some F2 seeds from the F1’s but I haven’t tried any of those seeds either. I am not selling the seeds(I gift them with full disclosure)and tried to be a little bit responsible breeding only one male with 3 different strain females of known quality to try to keep the genetics of each seed known. Definitely not a breeder. Just toying around for fun. I agree that a lot of pollen chuckers do so irresponsibly. Making an F2 is in no way isolating a pheno but a lot of ‘breeders’ think it is.

As I slowly develop and then build a grow box, I'm also looking at sources for seeds. Now I know what my wife and I have been getting at the dispensaries we go to. And what I'm seeing online doesn't mesh! Example. One dispensary is selling Bubba Fett. This is supposedly the strongest (highest thca) strain available. The dispensary claims it's at or around 33%. Whereas I see seeds and the ratings the seed banks give it is anywhere from 19-24%?! What gives? The same goes for GG #4 and Grease Monkey, two other strains I'm considering. And I haven't even begun to look at high CBD strains yet. Who do we trust? It wouldn't be unheard of the dispensaries bolstering the ratings to get better sales. It's not like anyone makes a thc evaluation kit you can take with you when you walk into a dispensary. I'm slowly learning the linages of various strains, but nobody ever lists which breeder/seed bank developed what.

Let's take Grease monkey as an example. Who created it? I know it's a cross between GG #4 and Cookies n Cream. But those seeds are readily available, and anyone can cross them and claim they have Grease Monkey. But will it be the same???? How do we sort through all the hype and confusion to get what we want?
Well a time warp has occurred & May neighbor brought some Bubba Fett dispensary hard bugs over & it was a little more potent than my Tangiematic auto(22%thc) which I love…(& GG#4 very intense gums up the scissors I call it whacky weed!)
Well a yr has gone by since your post, where u at now ?

Latest posts

Back