Nute Questions?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hetfield_08

Reaction score
So ive just been reading around and i came across a thread talking about how miracle grow is bad. just wondering whats bad about it?:argue:

Yo Ho hetfield_08,
The deal is mostly with pre-ferted soil. It is very often contaminated with fungus gnats, and the ferts are not always the same mix and ratio.
This is a problem when it is time to use the ferts. One thing that needs to remain constant is what your using. I find that I change amounts myself over the coarse of a grow, but how can I be accurate if miracle grow isn't to begin with.
I planted 10 containers with young starts that had a uniform height of four inches, but 6 of them died right off. After racking my brain to think of where I went wrong it dawned on me that I had used two separate bags of pre-ferted soil, and then to add insult to injury I ended up with fungus gnats that came from the bags as well.
A good grower here that was in the know advised me that Diatomacous earth would give me the cure, and it did work saving my last four.

Good Luck

smoke in peace
Kingkahuuna

Like King above said, its mainly the soil peeps have a problem with,but then some people love it.Never tried it my self. I do however use miracle grow soluble ferts for my entire veg stage starting low and build up,my plants seem to love it.

i've used mg products several times, and imo its just the soil that causes people the problems, some will say that mg nutes aren't good but they're fine imo. its just like kingkahuuna said,

I have never used MG nutes for mj but i have grown lots of veggies with it and my tomatoes were the BOMB, so it cant be to bad.

alot of people iknow use nothing else and have great results with it.i have usedit for yrs for all my vegatables.you just have to be careful,especially if you are using the mg soil also.you can burn them up.i started out using it myself with no adverse effects.but i do see the difference with the ffof soil.

As with any soil treated with time released nutes, you may exhaust them especially since the plant has enough nutes to sustain itself for the first couple of weeks, i myself (noob) am using foxfarm ocean forest potting soil, so far all my week old plants are thriving! i will begin with the nutes on my first watering at an extremely low dosage so as not to overload my little girls, (I hope they are girls).

MG nutrients have "0" magnesium.. mj loves it's mag'. Treating the soil with horticultural lime, will both buffer the ph AND provide mag' for your MG soil.

Echoing some of the above: I used Miracle Grow soil for a while, and I have come to understand the problems with time-release chemical nutrients. If you run into a problem with too many nutrients, it is harder to bring things back into balance.

I've moved to using Fox Farms soil and Earth Juice (Grow, Bloom, and Micoblast solutions). Doing so has allowed more granular control over my growth.

Best,

GD

Hick said:
MG nutrients have "0" magnesium.. mj loves it's mag'. Treating the soil with horticultural lime, will both buffer the ph AND provide mag' for your MG soil.
I use MG just for veg and switch over to maxi-bloom for flower. I think the maxi bloom supplys some mag. I've been thinking of trying to add some mag during veg. Is the lime the only way to go or is there other supplements I can use?

Also, thinking of trying a DWC using miracle grow just to see how it works out, of course at a very diluted strength to start.

Latest posts

Back