nute schedual

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stressed_out

Reaction score
Im about a month into my grow and my plants are about 7" tall. I am growing in soil. Just light warrior untill I transplant to bigger pots. I have been following the fox farm soil nute schedual. I guess I didint see this before but it says after a month to change the lights from 18 hours to 12 hours. I have 90 day seeds. I thought I was supposed to veg them for two months or till they show sexual maturity then change to 12/12. They are only 7" tall.lol What should I do? should I 12/12 them for two months even if they havent sexualy matured yet? Or should i veg them another month like I planed? But where does that put me on the foxfarm schedual? Should I just stay at week 4 nutes for the next month or keep to the schedual whithout changing the light time? Has anyone ever had this problem?

maturity is defined by the plants nodes. if you have branches growing from the stem up at 90 degree angles from each other the plant is sexually mature.

at a month of grow i'd lay off the nutes. a good potting soil has enough of what your plants need to survive through the seedling stage. transplant now if your plants are healthy and you are not applying any pre-sexing tactics. when you change your light cycle depends on your growing space volume. 1/3 of the space should be relegated to vegitative growth. leaving 2/3 for flowering. all this depends on your total plant amount. hth....... cc

They just sprouted leaves in those spots. They are very tiny but they all have them. I used light warrior thats supposed to be a soilless mix. So it should have nothing for them to eat but what I give them. I was going to change to ocean forest in the next two weeks. I have about 8 foot ceillings but the light hangs down a good foot. So you think I should change to 12/12. I would like them to be about 5 foot tall when Im done. Do you think if I changed the light now they would be that tall in another 60 days?

Pictures would really help.

How large is your space and what kind/size lights are you using?

Its 8 by 8 by 8. I am using a 1000 watt mh for veg and 1000 watt hps for for when I bud. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Hi,

It sounds like you're doing fine overall and your plan sounds good to me but you do sound confused about some details. The FF chart is a feeding schedule/suggestion for indoor growers who want to flower their plants from seed immediately from what I understand. It's up to you as to when they begin to flower and once you do flip to 12/12 you can start with the week 5 on the chart feeding which is the first week of the bloom feeding cycle on that chart. In other words, just keep repeating the last week (4) of the 18 hour Veg days until the plant is close to about half of your desired flowering size then flip and start the first week (week 5 on nute chart) of flowering.

So... getting back to 'when' to flower. Your plants cannot flower until they are sexually mature and they may be there already but will soon be if they are not yet. What strains are you growing? As a rule of thumb plants that are indica dominant strains can roughly double in size during flowering and sativa strains will grow 3x or more in height and some very pure sats strech MUCH more. For indica/sativa cross strains the growth habits can lean either way. If you want your plants to finish up around 5 feet max then you'll want to flower them when they are around 2' or so from the soil if you are growing an indica or indica dominant strain. If you are growing bagseed and dont know the indica/sativa genetic background look at the leaves and if they are very fat indica looking leaves you can go with a guess that it will double in height. If the leaves are very long and thin you'll want to flower it much sooner... It all depends on the strain. Some very sativa strains like Super Silver Haze and Candy Shiva are vegged only for a week to 10 days and flipped to 12/12 and they end up being 36" or taller...:hubba:

Peace!:cool:

Thank you so much for helping me. Yeah I know what kind Im growing. I bought all the seeds on line. I guess I messed up because I would say most of the seed I got are indica/sative mix and a couple are pure sativa. Half of them have grown an inch in the time I did this post and the other half has grown 2 inches.lol Im going to do exactly what you said to do. Let them hit say 20 to 24 inches then change them over. Thanks again for helping me. Ive been documenting this grow the entire way. When Im done Im going to post all my picks and give thanks to all the people in this forum that have helped me. Thanks again.

If you posted pics as you went a long, it would be a lot easier to help.

Also, if you have sativa or sativa dominant plants, they can triple in size after you put them into flowering, so keep that in mind--your 24" plant could end up being 72".

My digital cam broke and I only have a cam corder and havent figured out how to get my vids on my pc yet. lol I will have one by the time i post again. Thanks again for eveyones help. Im serious you guys are life savers. thanks agin.

Latest posts

Back