nutes GH3 part ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshot

Reaction score
Ok i hope someone might tell me more about this ?I use GH3 part nutes,
when the flower and budding part they say stop useing N and just use P and K. or micro and bloom only,but micro has more N then the other 2 parts.
grow nutes has N-2%,P-1%,K-6%
micro nutes has N-5%,P-0%,K-1%
bloom nutes has N-0%,P-5%,K-4%
as you can see the grow would be the lowest on N,then micro,so why not use the grow and bloom to bring the P and K nutes up?and still with less N.
So what is it iam missing?
thanks
oneshot

The nutrient is based to have the Micro contain the basic building blocks of the nutrient and is usually kept at a certain ratio throught the whole grow. It provides the N that the plant needs to sustain itself, the macro nutrients and the Potash needed to maintain the plant.

The bloom formula contains the two elements, Potasium and potash that the plant needs most in blooming. The micro already providing that the plant needs, the bloom nutrient fills in the extra p-k needed to bloom.

the grow is based off of a general growth tonic formula ratio to add additional N to the formula as well as the extra potash needed to build the structure of the plant. It supplies a different and more easily used form of N if I remember correctly so that the extra N is consumed before the macro's N is (in theory) so that the nutrient mix remains somewhat PH stable.

Its all science. If you don't like the three part you can always use a one part. Most base nutrients work the same if you ask me.

i'm just startin to step up to the 3part myself from the floranova series. and also wondered teh same thing.
great explanation UGMJfarmer thanks :aok:

zipflip said:
i'm just startin to step up to the 3part myself from the floranova series. and also wondered teh same thing.
great explanation UGMJfarmer thanks :aok:

LOL--I have recently switched from the 3 part to the 1 part Floranova series--I just get tired of mixing and measuring. Just curious, why did you go to the 3 part from the Nova series?

thanks hemp
Well the grow I have has gone really great with the GH3 part but will be going to the floranova type next time..
Hope to have pictures to show you so but i was the one useing the 150watt HPS bulb,3gallan DWC. and I cut all of the bottom leave off ,everything and made it close to 2ft by 2ft and no more then 3ft tall area.wow its really went wild,large buds and found out it was a outside plant,long grow..
plus i will be getting bigger lights next grow..
just thanks to all.its been really easy with everyones help..
thanks
oneshot

LOL--I have recently switched from the 3 part to the 1 part Floranova series--I just get tired of mixing and measuring. Just curious, why did you go to the 3 part from the Nova series?
wats up THG. Good mornin to ya! wanna hit :48:

..well the reason im tryin the 3 part from the fn series is not so much that im switchin completely. more so that i got 3 total diff strains now runnin. and one in particular responds well so far in flower wit the FN series. but their mother(my bonzaione i got goin already) sems to be strugglin wit the FN and i figure its cuz its not needing things teh way her cuts are while in normal veg and flower.
also i got one other strain that just doesnt seem to like nutes at all watsoever LOL>i backed off on the FN bloom completely wit that one and been just givin sstrait liquid kool bloom )-10-10 and she seems to be diggin it that way more bein in the later stage of flowering now wit her too.
also i got my frog if your aware of it. i revegged her to mom up and shes the same way. picky as hell imo. these last two i described are very sensitive on nute mixes when i use the FN. ive tried and tried mixin diff doses etc wit them and still no great response from them.
so wit all this in mind i figure i may have better luck witthe 3 part for my mothers as well as them two that are really picky. this way i can have a bit more control over the numbers etc when feedin them. idk but im gona give her a crack at it tho.
also my last round i had two plants that started to show reveg while in flower from too much N wit usin the FN. and tahts the two strains i spoke of that picky.

Just my 2cents... kinda gone all the way around to land back on the flora. All said & done, I don't even use the veg (green) bottle anymore.

With some CM+ & additives, 6ml micro + 12ml bloom /gal is a solid base mix for veggin & bloom... comes out to appx 1.5ec. Then add bloom booster of choice at whenever is preferred.

Basically makes it a 2-part... variation on Lucas. Peace.

Latest posts

Back