nutrient advise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

depetreono

Reaction score
I'm using the entire general organically line up in the sample pack they sell. It's about a total of 7 different bottles. I wanted to know if all of it really made a difference or if it was over kill. I read jmans nite study and he didn't use the entire line up and he seems to know his stuff. Any advise would be appriciated.

Man that is such an open ended subject to ask about. There are a lot of brands of nutes out there, and many folks will argue that their brand of choice is best. For any brand you see there will be 3-4 different methods for using them from different people because everyone seems to personalize their nute regamine to fit their plant setup. More often than not, there is not a lot of difference between most nute brands, and it comes down to personal experience and experimentation.

I use the Technaflora "Recipe for Success" and it has served me well so far. It has several different bottles of additives and I use the whole line-up. If you like Jmans setup then try one set of plants with that and another set of plants with the whole line-up(since you already have it) and see which works better for you. Ultimately you will find that a method that works for someone else may not work for you if your setup is somewhat different from theirs. Or you may find that theirs setup is just like yours and their nute regamine works ideally for you. Good luck with it bro, and good growing :)

Im not trying to compare brands just if all the nutes in a particular brand" gen organicall in my case'' is really needed. Or if they are just tryin to make money off of me. I'm sure adding there puree seaweed nite is beneficial but is it really helping that much since everything else is already being added. I just wanted to hear a couple opinions on the subject.. is it just a plant to plant basis?

really needed. Or if they are just tryin to make money off of me
Probably a lil of both:p.

HP gave you solid advice imo. You'll have to try them out in different ways and see what works best for you. The only thing you "need" are the veg and bloom bottles. Not saying that the additives wont help but you should be able to do a whole grow with just the veg and bloom and if you're using RO water the Calmag:).

That is so hard to say because there can be both situations where the manufacturers are out to make money, and where they have found new improvements to their formula. But rather than having to reformulate the mix so that the additives don't clash(chemically) with the main nutes(which can get expensive to reformulate), they just release a new additive that can be added afterwards. This allows them to add some punch that keeps them competitive with other brands and make more money. The only way to really find out is to experiment or talk to someone who has experimented(which is what you have done here) :)

It would be nice if Consumer Reports or someone like that did studies but that is not going to happen and like HP said it fells like the fertelizer companies are just trying to make more money. Whatever brand that you decide on be sure to read all that you can about it from the companies site and places like this. I am on my eighth grow and I am still evolving some. I thought that if I used the same nutes every time that I could get it down to some on this and that and everything would be the same as the last grow but that has not been the case. When I started I would burn my girls up using 800 ppm and now I can run 1500 ppm without burning them at all. I have noticed that the amount of ph up and down even changes from grow to grow. It would be nice if someone could just tell you to use this brand and this schedule but it is more important to understand your plants and your systems. I can tell most of the time when somethiong is wrong by the way the plants look or the way my system sounds.

Thanks for all the input everyone. Just another example why I chose this site.

iv used general organics and i dont use it anymore because of all the bottles.
I started using just the grow, cal/mag and roots bottle and my plants always looked hungry I went back to the store and stocked up on the dimond black, bio Weed, and bio marine... (...stunk up my whole house)
in the end everything turned out alright but even with the aggressive feed program (20ml/gal grow or bloom feed) they just looked pail. im now using pure plend pro, an organically based nutrient line. its not "Organic" but its still all natural and its got everything the GO line has and more with a much more simple feed schedual.

Thanks man. Glad to here from a GO lineup user. I'm thinkin when all this stuff is out going with earth juice

Latest posts

Back