nutrients help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogart Mc Thunderdunk

Reaction score
can someone help me figure out what nutes to use. just getting around to ordering everything for a new grow and i have some canna seed start and grow but no flower so i might aswell stock up. (happy to buy grow too if better quality/ for future grows)
these are the brands i can get around here, im interested in the advanced nutrients line but there are so many of them that i cant tell what i need etc.
which are useful/necessary and which are filler products.

Advanced Nutrients
Biobizz
Bio Nova
Canna
General Hydroponics
Growth Technology
Hesi
Plagron
ionic

any help appreciated. price isnt a huge issue but not irrelevant.
i will be growing in soil.

I have used GH 3 part Flora series and have been happy with it. I tried a few other brands over the years, but just did not have as good a result.

I'm not a big fan of using 80 different "additives". I have never seen any real difference when I did.

GH3

I went to my aunts in the bay area to visit last week. While I was there she advised me of her problems with smaller plants in her soil mix. I asked her about her nute line and was not surprised to hear she was mixing up her own concoction using fish fertilizers and other nasty who knows what...I told her to flush and mix up a batch of GH3, the benny tea, and pH down; thats IT. Well short story lol, her plants new growths were dark and green and the roots bright white and out the 3 inch pot when i left 3 days later.

:D

gh sounds good so. i just hada look through the sites i found it listed on and just noticed that all they carry is an additive or something(ripen might be the bloom) and theyre out of stock, and it was a small bottle so... as a backup plan what would be next on the list. ill have a search for somewhere else anyway in the meantime.

:chuck: copypasta this in your browser

google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=GH+3+part#q=GH+3+part&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbo=u&tbm=shop&source=og&sa=N&tab=wf&ei=tXhvT9iOGZLZiQL087XBBQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=1a793d40cdf630f5&biw=1366&bih=643

:D

Old growfag here...over the years I've learned that less is more. I've had great resuls with just using fox farm's grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom. You can usually find a good price online on all three. My soil is very simple as well...promix bx, perlite, and earthworm castings.

I suspect Bogart is in Europe from the list of nute lines and why it is tricky to get the same stuff that we have here. I have read that several of the breeders in Europe use the Hesi products, but I cant remember which ones.

I just started this grow using the AN Jungle Juice 3part and I am very satisfied with the results so far. I am using only 1 extra additive which is Magical because I am in coco/hydro. I am almost done with my first run through flower and the buds look very nice at this point. I am looking forward to tasting the results. I am sure that this line will work for soil but if you are organic then it will not work as it is a chemical nute. You would want to look at an organic setup for that. If you are not organic then I definitely would recommend the Jungle Juice 3part. :)

right you are hushpuppy and cheers for the effort kushman but nothing anywhere close from that search(location and all that jazz changed)
im not too pushed on organic or not but since i have a bottle of canna grow nutes id say ill start them on that so it might need to be chem nutes.

havent had a chance to have a search, at work till now but ill get on it anyway.
cheers all,
keep the info coming

im going to germ some seeds tomorrow and order as soon as i can find all the bits and pieces. theyll be fine in my cabinet with what i have for a while anyway so not too much of a rush.

edit again: found a site with everything, cheap and with decent delivery so alls good.
i only need floragro florabloom and floramicro right?
the shopping list is getting longer the more i look through

for anyone in the EU having similar problems heres a link anyway.
hxxps://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/
big selection compared to any others ive found so far.

Latest posts

Back