odor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmathews

Reaction score
HEY GUYS BEEN AWHILE SINCE I HAVE LAST POSTED. does anyone make a filter that doesnt require it to be routed outside(meaning venting the air through to the outdoors) I have a 5x5x5 closet and they starting to smell up the house. I need help. oh p.s. 8 plant setup. thanks

HI bud...

I'm not too far away... just up yonder a piece. Yeah... You can definitely run a carbon filter within a room without venting it outside. For a space your size I'd get a 30-40lb. carbon filter and a fan rated for the filter in cfm... All you gotta do is hook it up and plug in the fan! Within a half hour most of the odor will be gone and after a little longer you won't be able to smell it unless you stick your face in the buds! ;) Once you have the air scrubbed you can even back off on the fan speed IME if you get a 'Speedster motor speed controller' for $30 at the hydro store to control your fan.

Don't skimp on filter/fan size... It's better to get a filter too big than one that's too small and not do the job. If you get the right stuff ALL of your odor issues will go away. Other than my 1K HPS my 40lb. carbon filter and fan are probably the best investment I've made in my grow room. Peace of mind is priceless but in this case it was about $350 if I didn't already have my Eclipse 630cfm fan for my cool tube ventilation - $179 for the filter alone... How do your plants get fresh air/CO2? If you can get some type of ventilation pulling air out of your grow room it will create a negative air pressure situation and air from the rest of your home will flow toward your grow room which will constantly replenish depleated CO2 levels and also prevent odors from ever coming out of the room at all... But an adequate filter can be run with or without ventilation with great success. That's how people who use CO2 injection deal with odors and maintain a sealed environment...

Good Luck!:cool:

You can buy small room scrubbers on EBay or build your own. They are small and just put it in the room and it helps. It is not as fast as a Can Fan but will do what you want in time.

Latest posts

Back