% of amber, from the shot or from the whole plant-multiple shots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relentless999

Reaction score
Title really says all..
if i want to harvest at 30+% amber.. and i take a leaf off the main cola, and roughly 30-40% of the trichomes on that leaf are amber, i should harvest right?

Ive got a number of plants that have spots of amber.. i mean, one said of the leaf will be cloudy and the other side will be mostly amber..

in scope ya will see trichs...yes? in that you wanna see 30+% amber...okay? harvest just tops...let lower stuff go another week..you will thank me :aok: congrats...smoke freely

some of the tops on my plants are 30% amber already and they are only 41 days old..
cali hash, blue hash, double gum..
I was thinking atleast 45 days.. Id like as much as a couch lock as possible and heavy yield..

thanks man. ya im gonna try leaving the lowers on for a week.

You've got 30% amber on 6 1/2 week flowering plants?

Sounds a bit early for that?

If you've all that amber most of your pistils must be brown,yes?

Just made 6wk. No the hairs aren't red, but a good bit of the trichomes have amber heads..

guess ill wait till at least 45 days and check the trichomes again..

Hey Relentless, I always check several places on the top of the plant and a couple on the middle. I put my scope right against a bud and take a look. It only takes a few seconds and it's easy. The buds are what you want to look at. Most of your crop will be buds, not leaves. By using several places on the plant, just take an average in your head. It'll all make sense to you after you look like that.

When you use a handheld scope directly on a growing bud, it's going to burst a few trichs. You don't want to do this a bunch of times, but 3 or 4 times before harvest isn't going to harm very much at all. You get a good look at a growing bud.

I find a site to put the scope on with my naked eye. One that is pretty level. Then gently put the scope on it after turning on the light and taking it all the way to it's most powerful magnification. When I do it now, it takes me about 10 seconds from start to finish at each location and I get a GREAT look at my trichs.

Latest posts

Back