Oh oh,severe COPD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Mystic

Life is good.
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I was last here so here is some coffee table talk.
I was diagnosed with severe COPD,which basically means I can not exert myself in any way.Everything I do leaves me gasping for air.
I have smoked pot since '65 but started using a vaporizer just before I found out about my lungs,about a year before.
I also quit smoking cigarettes about 5 years ago,long before I was diagnosed.
I use a VaporBrothers vaporizer every day and I am glad I switched when I did.I couldn't smoke a joint even if I wanted to.
Really no big deal but I found that if the temperature outside is below -5C I can't go out because there is not enough oxygen in the cold air to let me breathe without gasping with every step.
So I have had to make a few adjustments in my life and I just carry on vaping :)Fortunately I have a very large Blu-ray collection with a very large TV so I can watch a lot of movies,eat popcorn and peanuts and get pleasantly stoned.
I'm 68,legally blind and only have one eye.Not complaining,just sayin'.
Life is good and I've got it made.Really.
Lots of people out there much worse off than me and I do appreciate what I have.
Oh,I use a screen magnifier/reader to enlarge my monitor so I can see it.
be well dudes & dudettes :D

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis of COPD. I too was diagnosed with the same last December when I had a stroke. They also found a 4cm node on my lung where I contracted asbestos during a 31 year carreer in refrigeration. Fortunately the node has not increased in size and the stroke was due to high bp which is now under control.
I have smoked weed for over 43 years and have not intentions on quitting. I do vape nowadays as well. I was on o2 for about 6 months 24/7 until they put me on drugs to help my breathing. I only use o2 now when I sleep or exercise. My pulmonary doctor is aware of my use and frequency with pot and has never suggested that I was causing more harm or that I should quit. I live in Colorado where it is now legal and I grow my own so I know what it contains.
I wish you luck with your condition and want to let you know that life is as good as you make it.

When or if they get my thread back, it'd be cool of both you two to post there if you could.

My wife has COPD (among a multitude of other ailments) and has difficulty during weather changes and is winded easy. She's only 36 yrs old too!

Good to hear you're doing well other then that Mr Mystic.

Peace, brother

Wow bro...thanks for sharing and awesome attitude. I tell myself and my wife frequently that happiness is something you create for yourself. It is far too easy to wake up every morning and focus on what you don't have or the short comings you are dealing with. The trick is seeing the good in your life and focusing on that.

Very true Hammy. Attitude is everything. Thank you for posting Mr Mystic.

Latest posts

Back