Older guy says hello

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Classic

Reaction score
Hey guys, I wanted to introduce myself. I'm an older guy who graduated from college in the mid 70s. I was somewhat of a stoner back in the day but I graduated, got a job, had kids, etc. I gave it up for all those reasons.

I literally stumbled into a small amount of MJ a couple of years ago and realized how much I missed it. I'm near retirement age now and really don't worry about drug tests and a career anymore. I had five bag seeds and managed to get one to germinate. I got extremely lucky (as I now know) as it was female, didn't hermie, and produced 4 oz of low grade MJ in an outdoor grow.

Well, that 4 oz is gone now and since I have absolutely no connections, I've ordered my beans and I'm trying to learn to grow indoors. I have a lot to learn. I have a decent green thumb with outdoor growing (lawn, roses, shrubs, etc) but I've already figured out that I'm awful indoors.

I'll mainly lurk, I just wanted you guys to know something about me when I ask the occasional question.

Welcome to MP...I am sure we can help you out. Read through as many stickies as you can...especially in the indoor section...there is a grow resources thread that shld give you a good crash course on indoor growing. By the way...what strain did ya order? I sure hope it wasn't a pure Sativa...lol. Or you are gonna have your hands full.

Nice - I'm a life long pot head who decided to also become self sufficient. Confrats on your first grow and welcome to MP.

Welcome Classic. I just posted in your thread. We will get ya rolling in no time. First thing we need is details.

Hamster Lewis said:
Welcome to MP...I am sure we can help you out. Read through as many stickies as you can...especially in the indoor section...there is a grow resources thread that shld give you a good crash course on indoor growing. By the way...what strain did ya order? I sure hope it wasn't a pure Sativa...lol. Or you are gonna have your hands full.

Thanks, Hamster. I'm active on other forums and, trust me, I know to read the stickies. I also know enough to lurk a long time before posting.

I've ordered several strains. I thought I'd start with autos. My grow room is in an unheated shed and I need to run the lights a lot. I started with Nirvana short ryder only because they were cheap and the write up said they were easy to grow. According to the reviews, it's not exactly a good strain but it works for me for starters. I plan to follow up with RRF after I get through the newbie mistakes.

I also have Northern Lights and Master Kush for when the weather gets a little warmer and I can leave the lights off for 12 hrs without freezing. And then, of course, I have all sorts of freebies.

I may not know much but I have about 50 seeds. I'm sure I'll kill my fair share but I'll learn along the way.

Autos aught to get ya some quick smoke.

:welcome: Never hesitate to ask - anyone can learn!

welcome to mp Classic. hope you enjoy the site

WeedHopper said:
Autos aught to get ya some quick smoke.

There were two reasons I bought autos. This was the main reason. My last smoke was in Cancun four months ago. I wish it was that easy to buy around here.

Thanks for the welcome, guys. Much appreciated.

Your motivated Classic, that is good.;)
Welcome, this is a good place to learn.

:yeahthat: And you have a realistic attitude which will get you a long way. Looking forward to your grow.

Sounds like you well fit in greart here, :welcome:

Yes, I do have a lot to learn. It started with the terminology. I've lurked long enough to pick up on most of that. In my day, "lids" (one oz) were $10. It was a major shock to my budget when they went to $15. Of course, the first thing you had to do was to pick out all the stems and get the seeds out. If you don't know, seeds don't smoke well. They fall out and burn holes in you clothes. It was a huge deal the first time I saw Sensimilla. I was thinking "Wow, how'd they do that!".

You sound like you are the same age as I am. I only was able to get Mexican weed when I first started smokng and I too was so surprised when I smoked sensimilla for the first time, I took two bong hits and got head spins and lost my lunch, it was aaaaawesome. have fun, bt

Welcome abaord Classic.
I am also a new indoor grower. and i started some auto's check out my grow journal if you like.
Like you,I lurked for awhile before i said Hi to everyone!
MM

budtender said:
You sound like you are the same age as I am.
I think there are a lot of us out here. It's just not politically correct to admit it. I know that I wouldn't admit ever having seen MJ until Bill Clinton admitted to smoking but not inhaling (lol, like I believe that). I honestly thought California Prop 19 would pass when guys like us entered the privacy of a voting booth.

trillions of atoms said:
welcome .......to posting!!! :p
Lurking is much easier on the ego. It took a lot of courage to post and publicly admit that I'm clueless about this.

i also am an older toker. i grow my own too. my best advice is to keep starting seedings, in case your plants turn out to be male. then after you smoke up, you still have a new plant to harvest. perpetual supply is my aim. welcome:)

Latest posts

Back