Opinions on this Light ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wrathkill said:
i would get an hps like a 400w at least for blooming but t5 works great for veg i run a 400w hps in a small closet for bloom and flouros for veg

How are your temps in your closet? Do you have ventilation? I Want Buds doesn't have any ventilation options other than fans...

:cool:

You can get some real decent results with T5s all the way through the cycle--we have someone here who was given some T5s and that is all he uses and gets great results. If you are going to flower with them, you will probably want tubes in the 3000K range. T5s should give you better results than any of the other fluoros.

Are there t5's that stay cooler than others? and if so where is the best/safest place to look?

I Want Buds said:
Are there t5's that stay cooler than others? and if so where is the best/safest place to look?

IMO, all T5s are created equal (as far as heat output). I have purchased 2 fixtures from HTG. I believe that they are the only ones with a 2' 54W 5000 lumen tube (which impresses the [you know what] out of me!). The T5s are the next best option when you cannot run a HPS for flowering. And, IMO, they are your best option for cloning, mothers, and vegging. I have a 400W MH that I no longer use because I am so happy with the results from my T5.

Latest posts

Back