Opinions Wanted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am no rocket scientist, but common sense suggestts maybe a slightly pointed and curled leaf tip resembling a " foxtail"...Just guessing :cool:

mbeezy said:
I keep my 1000w lights anywhere from 24-30in from the canopy (depending on the strain) with great results but i do have a 10in vortex blower cooling my 3 1000w 6in aircooled hoods. A foxtail is when your calyxs on cola deform an shoot up "smaller buds" on your cola that look like "little fingers" on your tops which look like a foxtail. Cant really describe in words any better then that. Hope i was of some assistance. Have fun and be safe. -BEEZY-
Just got here and already contributing Thanx?

dragracer said:
I am no rocket scientist, but common sense suggestts maybe a slightly pointed and curled leaf tip resembling a " foxtail"...Just guessing :cool:[/quote 1ST TIME GROWERS HAVE NO COMMON SENSE WHEN IT COMES TO GROWING. ASK ?'S DONT ASSUME AND MAKE A COMMON MISTAKE

Pardon me, but I thought the thread title was " opinions wanted" ? Well that is what that and every other response on this thread was. So chill out , and don't relate first time growing to common sense, they are in no way related......:cool:

The only foxtail I'm familiar with when talking about buds, is that alot of sativa buds are considered foxtailed becuase of the way they grow to a point and sort of have a curve at the end.

I don't know if this is what the person who originally used the adjective meant by it...but this is the only way I have seen it used when describing bud.

legalize_freedom said:
Hey whodat...there's no reason for that.

LF, I was speaking of my self when I made that comment. I'm a 1st time grower who may ask questions. I rather ask a question rather than to assume.

can't believe no one wants to see pics?

when you post up a question concerning your plants, it's always a good thing to show some visuals. lol. this way, more people can wrap thier mind around it.

Wouldn't "foxtail" be when the tip of the cola bleaches out, you know, kinda like a, uh, foxtail. I run liights so close I get this at times. I've even posted a few pics of this in my uber-nuber days.

WHODAT said:
LF, I was speaking of my self when I made that comment. I'm a 1st time grower who may ask questions. I rather ask a question rather than to assume.

you had dragracer qouted, and then a comment about makeing rooky comments...it sure looked like you were jumping on him...but whatever you say...lol...dragracer can defend himself...It just looked like you were telling him to shut-up...

and to me all oppinions are welcome.

legalize_freedom said:
you had dragracer qouted, and then a comment about makeing rooky comments...it sure looked like you were jumping on him...but whatever you say...lol...dragracer can defend himself...It just looked like you were telling him to shut-up...

and to me all oppinions are welcome.

I dont want this thread to go south. But I didnt read into it more then a new fella stateing he was new. IMO...it was dragracer that jumped the gun. lets all pass this around :48:

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to add a picture of a foxtail so those searching can see what they look like. They are also called "dreadlocks."

foxtails.jpg

Latest posts

Back